Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #1  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Beach Bound Losers

Hey all you wannabe losers! We are a group that started out thinking about going to the beach and on various vacations. Those dreams took us to thoughts of just getting happy with our bodies and accepting the fact that weight is soooo easy to put on....but so hard to get back off unless you get motivated. We want to motivate each other, and new posters, to lose the weight and stay motivated to maintain that new weight loss. Everyone who reads this is invited to join in on our goals to be happier, healthier people.

Boating mommy
Old 05-03-2002, 01:10 PM   #2  

Talking Happy Friday!!

Okay, now the housekeeping duties are done. I thought seven pages was getting a little long.

I am ready to be on my way to the lake for a glorious weekend of camping! The sun is shining and my bags are pack...where is that five o'clock whistle?!

I weighed myself today. Still at 167. Didn't go up or down. I hope to get some walking done at the park at the lake. there are lots of paths to walk on.

Wisconsin, we go to Carlyle Lake. It boasts that it is the largest lake IN Illinois. I say in because we don't count the Great Lakes.
Gennel, hope you are getting better. Those colds and such are the pits!
TryN...I wish I had paid more attention to your stats. How impressive! Now you are on the maintenence track. Be good to yourself!

Well, I have got to get back to work. Home office day and I am swamped!
Boating
Old 05-05-2002, 10:39 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry NEW WEEK

HEY EVERYONE--
It is Sunday night here in California-- had a pretty good week-end. Yesterday we went to my step-D softball party--only one more make-up game before play-offs-- then All-Stars. Today my son and I and my ex-wife went to his last track meet of the year-- maybe his last one for college ever--he has one more eligible year left but he thinks this will be it. He has a great opportunity to come back (he took this year off for his own training) to the local high school and be assistant coach for track, cross-country and/or basketball-- our 2 high schools have 4,000 kids each so they are not small-- he wants to be a history teacher/coach so this helps him get his foot in the door! to teach where he wants to-- the athletic director has told him that his vacant spot is still his to have/ with pay.
How did the Lake trip go Boating? Hope all had a good time and no sunburns for the little one!
Well I am outta here for the night-- see ya Wisconsin, Gennel, Try'n and all the rest-- Gary
Old 05-05-2002, 11:24 PM   #4  

Default How's Everyone doing ? (recipe)

I'm s till here hanging in there! Well I have two brothers and two sisters( 5 of us kids! ) I think I must have started something in my family cause there are 4 out of 5 of us losing weight! lol
Well that makes me happy. Now everyone wants me to cook them their "low fat meals for them!" when they look at my food its always" Are you sure this is low calories and fat?" lol I made something a little different and its tastes YUMMMMYYYY!!
1 whole skinless chicken breast, I chopped some cilantro,1 tbsp BBQ sauce (Sofrito Goya ) which is garlic,onion,peppers well blended) I made chickenkabobs( 280 cal 6 fatgrams) (shishkabobs?) With Onions . 1Cup of cooked instant Brown Rice (150 Cal) 1 Cup Broccoli and sprinkled some cheddar fatfree Molly Mcbutter on it. Well everything including the BBQ sauce is roughly 500 calories and 7 fatgrams. This is a deffinate once a week dinner that I will start making! The grilled flavor from the BBQ grill outside is the best! lol . Anyway just wanted to share Lost another pound this week.So that bikini is closer !

Have a great week everyone,
Gen

194/163/135?
Old 05-06-2002, 08:46 AM   #5  

Default Back to the daily grind

Hello! Well here is it....Monday again. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

The lake was beautiful. We got a camping site right on one of the points on the lake. We could look straight out across the lake and watch all the sailboats and such. Absolutely gorgeous weather, to boot! We played outside and rode our bikes. My husband was going nuts that his boat isn't water ready yet! There were so many people on the lake already, but I bet it was just a tad cold out there. The new camper is great too. It was wonderful to be able to tell Brooke to "go potty" instead to dragging her to the campground bathrooms. Weather permitting we'll be out there next weekend too. I didn't excercise the way I had hoped to, but I didn't eat too bad either. Gennel, I am so addicted to my vegetable steamer. I have been eating yellow squash and zuchini steamed and then squirt some butter flavor and a little seasoning salt! Yum! Your recipe sounded great, too. I agree that the grill just does something to foods and makes them extra scrumptious. I love brown rice, but never think to fix it. Need to do that for variety.

Gary, how many hours do you have in a day? You seem to catch a few extra.... or you are just superman and fly to all of your events? That's great that your son has a job offer. And with teaching it's nice to get a foot in the door.

Well, I have got to get ready for work. It's raining goats and pigs, which is a little more than cats and dogs. Talk to you later! Be good to yourselves.

Boating (and camping) mommy
Old 05-07-2002, 12:26 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy well?

Well, I've been avoiding the topic of my weighin on Saturday,,,,,but truth be known, I only lost a measly 3 ounces. Not a very good weighin to say the least. And actually, it would have been better not to go, as it put me on a bit of a backwards slide. I am now trying to do the damage control and get back on track. Sorry....I just seem to be 'neither here nor there' lately. UGH!!! Congratulations for all of this weeks losers.....there might be hope for me yet.

Boating....sounds like you had a great time. I envy you....making the time to get away like that. Sure sounds great!!

Gennel......I love doing shish kabobs......thanks for the great reminder, I should do them more often!! Keep up the great weight loss.

EZmoney.......you sure do log on the miles!! Its so nice that you do as much as you do for your kids!! You're such a nice guy/Dad.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Default MD Challenge

Hi All. First to to business...MD challenge lost 3 1/2 pounds this week Yeah!
I've been extra busy lately at work, so haven't had a lot of time to post. Sounds like you had a great weekend, Boating. Summer seems to be such a tease, at least here in Wisconsin. Last weekend was so beautiful, now it's chilly, breezy and wet out. Bur-r-r-r-r-r. Gary Sounds like you're as busy as always with the family. I truly feel that family is one of God's greatest gifts to us. I'm sort of a tweener right now. The kids are grown enough to have their own thing (alas no more sports! I miss those days) and they don't have children yet (not quite old enough for that, still some college to go) so no grandchildren. I spent some time in the NICU at the hospital rocking a preemie (they were really busy and needed an extra hand) and it was so sweet and wonderful to hold a tiny baby again. Angel - 3 oz is 3 oz off and none on! It's all in the right direction.
Well gotta go and get ready for work. Take care all.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:14 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry WED. MORNING HERE

Hi YA LOOOOSERS!!
Just got a few minutes before I head 0ff to another job-- Things going well here-- although I have not been in my gym for a week now (OUCH!) I have been eating good though- except for McDonalds last night-- it was my turn to cook and I got home late from work--my wife was out on a 3 mile run so she didn't know I was late--my POOOOR son was starving and since he is JUST 21 it would be too much to think he would figure it out--HA--Deans list every semester too--go figure. Anyway we had a meeting at church so we just stopped by there since it was closest to our home-- I like it but it is almost impossible for me to get my wife to eat fast food. Well at least I am better off!
GEN-I am going to try that recipe-any chance of you including me in your family and cooking for me too!BOATING-Yea for potty training--But if you think that is freedom wait until you get rid of the car seat and diaper bag-Now that is FREEDOM!! As far as hours in the day--besides work, church, and watching the kids sports this time of year I don't have much. But my son and daughter are done for the year--well except for mens league softball for my son, but no more week-ends. My step-D still has softball and All-Stars is just about to start--that will go at least until July 4-- then it just depends on how good they are-- last year they won their NATIONALS but this year it may be a struggle.
ANGEL-EYES- it isn't backwards-- it is just balance-- don't give up!! There is always hope--ALWAYS- our good LORD is ALWAYS with us to help us in our struggles!! WISCONSIN- Tweener is COOL- I am looking forward to grandchildren-- but I too have college kids and that comes first!!
Well I gotta head off-- Take GOOD care of yourselves!!! Gary
Old 05-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #9  

Default Happy Thursdays...guy and gals!

Well, just stopping in for a quick chat. How is everyone doing. Well I didn't post the Weight loss chart for the mother's day because I only got a few messages with losses and I gleaned through the posts to see if I forgot anyone. I hope not, but let me know if I did.

Gennel - Goal 9 lbs....lost 12.5
Boating - Goal 10 lbs....lost 7
Wisconsin - Goal 12 lbs....lost 9.5
TrynHard - Goal 6 pounds....lost 3 At Goal Weight
Angel - Sorry, I lost track (please forgive )

I am holding steady at 166 lbs. 16 to go till goal, but I think I may be getting greedy and move my goal to 140. We'll have to see how I look and feel about myself at 150.

Work is kicking my butt lately and that has got me a little down, but I am trying to stay energized enough to get the excercise in. That seems to relieve a little stress. :sheep:

Well, I have got to get back to work for sure...the paperwork just keeps piling up!
Boating
Old 05-11-2002, 06:41 PM   #10  

Hi all. Again, busy, so quick post.
MD challenge..good news and bad news..I lost 2# yeah!! 1/2# short of MD challenge goal If only I had behaved and not gained a pound that week!Oh well, such is life. At least the MD challenge kept me focused.
My wonderful son took me golfing today for my Mothers Day present. It was sort of cold and ended up raining on the last couple holes, but I still had a wonderful time. Any 1:1 time with him is good time. I have got to start working out though! My shoulders hurt from all that swinging. One good thing about my golf game..I get twice the exercise most people do because I take twice as many strokes and chase the ball back and forth. DD is winding up with her finals. She'll be home for the summer on Wednesday. My how time flys.
I'll be working on Mother's Day, so probably won't have time to post..So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mothers and my wishes to your wife, Gary.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

HI Everyone-- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you. I hope you are/were being treated as special as you are!! You deserve it for all your hard work!! We went to church last night so that my wife could sleep in this a.m.--she didn't!! but at least she didn't have to go anywhere. She has a day planned of shopping-I guess, I am going to my mom's for the day. Later-and HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! Gary
Old 05-14-2002, 08:04 AM   #12  

Unhappy Our thread is beginning to fizzle out!

I am afraid this thread is really starting to fizzle out. It's lost it's energy, as well as several people who were posting regularly. That makes me very sad...But. I am hoping that those who really need it are finding their support on another thread or another source.

Well, the mother's day challenge is over. I have only a couple of posts to confirm additional losses.

Wisconsin, YOU DID FABULOUS!!! 11.5 pounds gone!! WAY TO GO! And it sounds like your household will liven up a little soon, when your daughter comes home from school. Golfing? I tried it for a while...and it tried my patience! Boy was I bad. I got lots of excercise too when I played. Eventually I gave it up because we never had time due to the boating and camping. I did enjoy the being outdoors part of it though....the woods and treelines...where my ball was always at!

As for my weight loss, I lost 7 of the 10 I had hoped for. I wish I had been more motivated, but there were a couple of meals that I lost some control. Still, 7 is bettter than nothing so I'll take it.

Gary, thanks for the mother's day well wishes. Hope we all enjoyed a little time with out mother's.

Well, I have to start getting ready for work!
Boating
Old 05-14-2002, 07:57 PM   #13  

Default Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone and see how everyone is doing.I'm still hanging in there. This month seems to have slowed down as far as my weightloss but its still a steady loss so far since Ive been varying my calories everyday. This past saturday I lost 3 lbs! So I will not complain! lol Saturday and Sunday I ate good, really good lol. So we'll see what the scale says this saturday coming up! Hope everyone is doing well.

ttyl!
Gen 194/160/135?
Old 05-15-2002, 07:56 PM   #14  

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Things are plugging along pretty well here. It's a warm, sunny day here..a little windy, but oh well. I got quite a bit of time in the garden again so I'm just as happy as a little clam. I had to go in to work for a couple hours, which was sort of a bummer (Not working, I love my job, but I was having so much fun in the garden and then I had to shower and drive in to work.....on and on.) My DD comes home from college for the summer today. DH is in Madison now, packing up her stuff. They should be home soon. Wow, did the year go fast! DS is on an involuntary crash diet! He broke his jaw in two places so it's wired shut. (Actually rubber banded shut) He and some friends were fooling around and he got smacked in the jaw. The kid has had more broken bones than the whole rest of the family put together. He practicing his closed mouth Whoo Hoo for graduation. Seems like we've lost our steam. Any ideas? I hate to lose touch.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:48 AM   #15  

I think this thread is losing steam because summer seems to far away! Here in the northeast, it's been cooler and lately, wetter, than normal!
SO.... here comes the teacher in me! Everyone who reads this needs to go try on their bathing suits! That'll put more life back into this thread! Come on, go do it! Look at how much better your reflection is and come back and post and tell us all about it. Don't look at the flabby skin under your arms and the inside of your thighs--look at the well-defined muscles in your legs from all that walking and stand up nice and tall and notice how small your belly is! Then, turn around and notice how little your butt has gotten!
Come on, everybody! We all need to do this and support each other! The beach weather will be here before you know it and we are all going to knock the lifeguards off their chairs!
Closed Thread