Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/205/160

Height: 5'10

Default First month...

Well, as I approach one month on the plan. I'm curious how much others lost during their first month. I'm down almost 10lbs, which I feel is pretty good. I know everyone is different, but I'm just curious about the range.

Hope everyone had a great day! It is nasty weather here in Ontario!

Sarah
Livingmybestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Sarah, thats a great start! Congrats chickie! I lost 20 pounds my first month but I was the food ****, if it wasnt in my little book it didnt go in my mouth! Sure wish I could remember how I made myself do that! LOL I need to get back to that a tad bit more!

Keep up the great work!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i usually lost about 10lbs every month when i first joined LAWL (back in 2004) and it proved to be the same when i joined again for the second time in 2006..but my starting weights were quite heavier than i was this time around..but that was about my average.
i think this time around i've was losing about 7-8lbs per month, but now that i'm pretty close to my goal, i struggle for every single pound i lose. i've been doing the plan for a year and have lost 50lbs..my original goal was to lose 50lbs in about 6 months..and that totally didn't happen. but i wasn't as strict with myself as i had been the past two times i joined..but i also never stuck it out this long either.. but anyways.. once you're at a lower weight you usually fight for those last pounds to come off.
i found that once i slacked on my workouts my losses started dwindling too.

hope that helps. great job so far!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

1-2 pounds per week is a realistic goal. Really rapid losses will tend to include muscle loss. Muscle is a calorie burner and will cause stalling later. The more rapid your weight loss the harder it is to maintain later.
That said, the first month is both the easiest and the most difficult. It is easy to stay on plan as your motivation is high and you are seeing losses. It is difficult because you have to relearn how it feels to be hungry and not over stuffed plus there are many times where food is very tempting.
As you progress the plan can become routine. You start to know how much food is enough the problem happens when you stop measuring, stop recording and try adding little treats and tastes. Life starts to get in the way and motivation decreases.
We are all really trying to relearn how our relationship with food and eating. So really focusing on your eating triggers now can help later. I have learned that I eat when I am angry and frustrated and if I eat certain foods I tend to not be able to stop myself from having more. Pasta, bread and my boss are huge triggers! My hope is knowing my triggers will lend to maintiaining my weight loss later.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #5  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

I only lost 6.4 lousy pounds. I never cheated during the 4 weeks either. I'm disappointed so far but willing to stick it out.
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/205/160

Height: 5'10

Thanks for your responses. It's great hearing how others are doing. I know this is something I need to stick it out in..and sometimes I"ll go up and hopefully more times go down. It's great having this forum to talk to others about the plan!
Sarah
Livingmybestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #7  

I lost a little over 10 pounds my first month, but I did get sick and had to go on the Jell-o diet for about a week. Since my first month included Xmas, my friend said that it was like losing 20 pounds.
lilczarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 287/268/150

Height: 5'6

I've lost 15 lbs! I'm so excited because I had lost 30 last year and gained all of it back and MORE when I got pregnant. I'm just happy to see it going and that I can fit into my "pre-pregnancy" jeans again! **Just weighed in this morning, can hardly contain my excitement!!!**
angemama is offline   Reply With Quote