Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #1  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Post The Battle between me and my front butt

Okay I am annoyed! The battle between me and my front butt is just a pain in itself. By the way what I call the front butt is the lower abdomen (or pooch), whatever its called. I know that I am nowhere near that place where its going to go away (yet!) but I would love to know how to get rid of it. Its evil ! My sister and I are about the same size now, I always have been about two sizes bigger, so I asked her what her weight was. We are now 7-8 pounds apart, which is a huge deal. But she doesn't have a big front butt. Thats not fair! grrr.

Well another day towards my goal completed and I am going to beat this but I hate the stupid front butt. One day I will be able to tuck my shirt into my pants.
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I have to laugh at this, because I have a front butt, too! It's actually my stomach, but it kind of splits... not like in half, but there's a dent in the middle, so to me it looks like a butt... >_<

But, I'm with ya! One day, we front butted people will be able to tuck our shirts in with pride!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Giggle Giggle, Okay, I know exactly what you're talking about. I still have one , even after losing all of this weight. It's gotten better, but it's still there. I think 90% of the weight I have left to lose is right there, on my front butt. My doctor keeps telling me "that's not going away without surgery", and I believe her. But I started at a much higher weight than you, so don't get discouraged, yours probably will decrease as you keep losing weight.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Your post is so timely! I was grumbling in the shower tonight about mine. It doesn't seem to be any smaller than it was when I started. I still have the "apron". It still hangs and has a sweaty overlap that is really yucky! My fear is that tammy is right - it will be my nemesis even when I reach my goal weight.

While it really does irk me, I'm thankful that I have such a minor thing to be concerned about. In the scheme of things ...
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #5  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Ah!!! I know what you're talking about! I hate the 'front butt' or what I call my 'ponch'. That's the first thing I wish that would go away. I think one of the things that helps pull it in is sit ups. I've done that before, and of course I still had the fat there (cause you have to lose weight for it to go away totally) but I think the situp/crunches helped me suck it in somehow.

I also know that if your stomach muscle have been stretched out to due to pregnancy that it might be harder to strengthen that area. I was talking to my mom about it (she's tiny!) and she said that since she had us kids that's she always had to work harder to keep that area flat.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I really do have a front butt!!! I had a foot of my colon removed in October and the incision runs from my abdominal hysterectomy scar that is in the bikini area up past my belly button. I HATE IT!! My tummy muscles will never be the same.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Oh I hate mine.......It's really funny, that's what I thought of mine,and I never would have thought in a million years that someone else thought the same thing!! can we start a thread?!! That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #8  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysmom View Post
can we start a thread?!! That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?

We should start a thread!

I like :Exercising our front butts off"

What about... Front Buts not anonymous or Blasting away the front booty
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I had one of those after having a baby, I went over 200 lbs in weight gain. Exercise and maybe spanx in the meantime, ugh.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Arrgh! I have a front butt too! I am really worried about it too because this is the heaviest I have been. The last time I lost weight I lost 43 pounds- I went from 185 to 142. I had no sagging skin, I exercised and was toned and stomach was relatively flat. Now I am freaked out about the possibility of having loose skin, especially since I cannot afford a surgery to get it removed. Is there ANY WAY to avoid saggy skin?
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mary - have you visited the Skin FAQ thread yet?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

I had a big, round, filled-with-fat front butt before. Now I have a small, flat, somewhat saggy front butt that can be easily compressed to fit into jeans or whatever else I want to wear (well, except a bikini). Trust me when I say that loose skin is about a billion times easier to hide/deal with than not-loose fat!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/157/125

Height: 5'3"

That is exactly the one part of my body that i hate the most!!! I had a C-section, so they call that a "shelf" ahhhhhh i wish it would just go away.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #13  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

I made an agreement with my fiance that once I reach my long-term goal and stay there for a full year that I can go and get abdominosplasty to get rid of the excess skin/fat and tighten up the muscle.

I still have a long way to go but that is such a huge goal for me to have that surgery that there are times that I crave junk food and think...will that make it even longer until I can have that "front butt" (gawd that makes me laugh) removed? Then forget it!

I'm looking forward to also getting rid of all the strech marks I got when I was pregnant. Even if I manage to flatten up the stomach and the skin miraculously shrinks up I'll still have those strech marks and they're absolutely horrible. I gained 70lbs with my pregnancy and just like my mom the marks were really bad.

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavinni View Post
We should start a thread!

I like :Exercising our front butts off"
Ha, yes, count me in. ^_^

One butt is enough for anyone, I'm trying to get rid of my extra bum. ^_^ My least favorite part of my body at the moment, certainly.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

Height: 5'7"

I'm also a member of the front butt club. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.
MrsEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote