Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat # 287

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick post before I head off to bed......

I did just sit down and go through the exercise programs on OnDeman, and wrote down a list of stuff that interested me and that doesn't expire on Tuesday! So, I will be working out to them soon!! Tommy has lodge on Tuesday night, and so I am not sure how long before he will get home, but I will try like heck to get it done before he gets home!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Morning everyone

I didnt sleep very well last night. Then dh woke me up too early, and I keep feeling a panic attack trying to come on, so I'm trying my hardest to avoid it. So far so good. I did have 2 panic attacks in my sleep the on sat. It sucks. Then to top it off, AF is late!!!! Sorry if thats TMI, but I'm so confused about my cycle. According to my ovulation tracker, its supposed to start on the 27th..And when I counted on the calander, I was supposed to start on the 2nd. It's so weird, I dont get it!! I bet she'll show her ugly face at the worst time too!!! LoL!

Anyhoo, I think I lost my workout buddy..I havent heard from her in awhile, lol. Plus, over the weekend..we found a Panda Express in Tacoma..and drove way out of our way just to go there, lol. The last time we had Panda Express was back in Aug in Az!! Needless to say, it was well worth the wait. I'm in love with orange chicken!! Its sad, but true, lol. I soooooooooooo need to start working out again. I think I'm gonna change it up and do Carmen Electra's Striptease dvd. I tried to do the bellydancing dvd that I have..but it hurt way too much and it was a little boring..lol.

Well, I've rambled long enough...I'm gonna go back to the bedroom and get warm. TTYL!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

Quick fly by. I did get up around 9 am. DH is sick this morning. I'm not sure if he ate something that set him off or if it is a stomach virus. So I probably won't be back on today.

Sassy sorry about your Mom and hope you get to feeling better.

Mindee good for you for getting no junk food. I have certain foods I don't bring into the house. I hope you get to feeling better.

Marti & Francie Hope you are feeling better today.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 02-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies...

Feeling tired this morning. I didn't sleep soundly last night. I felt aware of ever noise the house made. I hate nights like that.

Mindee--When I get up earlier, I do the exercises on demand before work. But lately.....I just can't get up early enough.

Francie--Hope you're feeling better and the feeling of panic has subsided.

Trish--Hope your hubby starts feeling better. So many little bugs going around.....

Good morning to everyone else. I'm taking the cheap way out and catching up to this thread. My apologies, but it was to much to catch up on w/the other.

I have felt more busy this year than I did all year last year! Why is that? Time is already on "fast forward". Not sure when I'll get to feel relaxed.

Well I better hit the showers before work.....my hair is standing on end looking like Medusa!

Have a great Tuesday.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Ellen - hope you got some good sleep. Why are they checking DD1's blood? Do they suspect something. She'll be in my prayers, just in case. Neal and I are thinking about taking a Spanish class before we go back to Mexico. Sounds fun to me!

Trish - I'm so behind on my housework! It just isn't a priority at all. I did get my ironing done yesterday, though.

Sassy - so sorry about what's happening to your mom. If your mom chose to leave the company, I do believe they'd have to accept small payments from her, if they even actually persued it. It would probebly cost them more than $1200. to force it. Since I'm not a lawyer, don't take my word for it, though.

Mindee - hope your gums and ears are feeling better. A big YAY for you, keeping junk foods out of the house. Tell Tommy I'm proud of him for reminding you in the store!

Marti - hope your tummy is feeling better by the time you read this.

Francie - hmmm.... are you preggers? Probably TOM is just a couple days late.

For reasons too long to explain, I didn't get to town this morning. Now I'm going to have to hurry to try and beat the second wave of storms heading my way.

Food is OP!

BBL,
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166

Hello All--

I realized as I read through the theads that I have to get sign on more often--I am missing fun stuff!! I on Sunday and gained a half a pound -I then went and bought some Walking Shoes BUT---to make matters even worse I blew at the super bowl party--I ate whatever I wanted and now I know I gained at least 2 pounds (OK I might be exaggerating a bit) But I know you all get the point!!

I am commited to visiting at least everyother day. It is so hard to work, do homework and entertain ( I know --excuses:-)

Christina--Thanks for the suggestions on the WATP videos. I will check out the website. Can you purchase them at stores? I will say I was so disgusted when I got dressed this morning that I walked at lunch --an absolute 1st for me:-) Gotta start somewhere right?

Jane--thank you also for the tip on the WATP -I will certainly give it a try! And thank you for your kind words about my apprearance. I was just telling someone that it all about our own personal perceptions. I was just thinner--straigter hair or whatever. I do know I felt better physically and mentally when I was about 15lbs lighter. I would LOVE to be skinny:-) But at my age to think realistically I would just like to weight 145 (or so) But Thanks!

Sassy--Hello - I hope you are feeling better!

Trish- I have been eating way too much and the superbowl put me over the edge. I keep trying to remember what I did so differently a year ago that worked. It is so hard to stay OP. I am glad to know I am not alone and am committed to staying a bit more connnect to all of you guys!

Tammy, Francie, Marti, Mindee and all --Have a great day and thanks for being here!

Vann
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

VANN...you can buy the dvds at the store, I know Target and Wal-Mart carry them. Although, last I looked they were out of just about everything...first of the year ya know with everyone wanting to lose weight. But they should have some. Amazon has them too and I have ordered things from them on several occasions. You can get new or used. Good to see you posting.

JANE...poor Neal, I bet he did feel bad about the soot on the carpet. I would have had a cow, lol! Hope you guys don't get this awful weather we are supposed to get later.

MARTI...hope you are feeling better. WTG on the walking.

MINDEE...stripper workout eh? I've heard you can get a good workout from them. Funny that Fancie mentioned Carmen Electra because I was going to say she has some dvd's...that's where I firtst heard about them. Good job on you WI and for passing on the junk food!

ELLEN...hope the doctor visit goes well today. And hope DD feels better soon.

SASSY...sorry about the troubles with your moms job.

FRANCIE...I was thinking the exact same thing...maybe you are pregnant. Hope you are feeling better. I've had a few panic attacks and they are not fun at all.

HIYA TRISH, TAMMY, JULES, and SUE

Nothing much going on today. I feel like I am coming down with a cold. It's no wonder...this weather is weird. Yesterday it was 68, today...a whopping 27. We had a thunderstorm at 3:30'ish this morning and now, expecting snow to move in anytime, ugh! Wish it would make up it's mind...cold or warm. Anyway, got in 65 mns of exercise and am getting ready to do another 15 or 20. I never know until I get on the treadmill and start walking...sometimes I will do more so...did get a roast started in the crockpot...love crockpot cooking. So dinner is basically done...going to make some cornbread muffins later to go with it.

Have a good day!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey all,

Typing in Gray because its all gloomy and rainy here........ This would be an awesome day to just stay in bed and watch movies or read a book ........*sigh* lol

Well I'm back to work....... I'm excited if you can tell........lol

Thank you all for your concerns on my mom and her job. I have not seen the contract she signed, so I have no idea about it, only what she told me. I was only venting before, thank you very much for your support.

Oh yeah our boss wants us to fill out a "Career Development" questionaire, about our goals and where we want to go, etc. What the he@! am I supposed to put down for that? "I hate it here and as soon I find another job I'm outta here?" lol. I don't want to stay here if I can help it. I don't want to be a supervisor or manager, I want the heck out of here! So what am I supposed to put down?? Any creative ideas here? lol.

Thank You all,

Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #10  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

we got the van today!!!! It looks so nice outside.....Tommy needs to meet the guy that we bought it from again on Friday to get a new set of tires on it. They have two different sets (one brand on the front and another on the back), but the guy told Tommy that he would get him new tires. Now, I can't wait to go for a ride in it! Tommy's next day off is Friday.....but we have a plan of going up to my parent's house on Saturday for a surprise trip! My mom asked me to help her with her background on her myspace page, and I told her that I would help her change it the next time we make it up there, but that I wasn't sure when we would be up there next.

Francie~ It is funny that you mentioned the Carmen Electra dvd's. There are a couple of hers on OnDemand that I have on my list that I want to check out before they get taken off! (no pun intended there) I did one of her dvd's a long time ago, but I wasn't even close to being in the greatest of shape when I tried it.

Trish~ How are you doing on the ph balancing? I still have some articles saved that I haven't had a chance to read yet.....but then again, I have a lot of weight loss articles saved to my bookmarks, that I need to go through!

Marti~ I try to do my exercises after Tommy and the kids go to bed. BUT I just read in my All You Magazine that it takes the body 6 hours to calm down after a workout in order to fall asleep......so I am going to be making the changes in order to get to bed sooner, so I can get the workouts done in the morning. Usually Marissa will get up first, and then go back to sleep (which is generally what I do). But I need to get on a better sleep schedule so that I can switch things up and have more energy during the days!

Jane~ They are feeling better......but they have their days. I am very proud of Tommy for reminding me while we were in the store about not buying junk food! Now, I need to work out getting on a better sleep schedule and drinking more water, and we will be in good shape!

Vann~ How are you doing?

Cristina~ I actually went looking for workout dvd's just after the new year and got really frustrated because I couldn't find any! Now, that you mentioned it......it was because every one else was buying them to try and stick to their new year's resolutions!

Sassy~ I hope the weather starts to perk up for you! Heck, I want the weather to start to perk up for all of us! I am at a loss as what to write on the survey.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Sassy and Mindee

Sassy...no idea what to put. Maybe the company is trying to get a feel for the ones that don't like their job, lol. I always hated questionaires and just put anything down if I didn't want to be there, lol!

Mindee...woohoo, a new van and your first trip in your van! Does your mom know you guys got it or is that going to be a surprise? I don't know about the workout info...I think everyone is different. I say that because I can walk right before bed or a couple of hours before and I sleep like a baby! But I know some people that it keeps them awake so...what do I know, I am no expert at any of this stuff, lol. Just doing what works for me.

I've been going to bed early the last few nights and waking up at 2:30-3:30'ish so thought I would try going to bed later in the hopes of sleeping thru the night. Of course it doesn't help that I have a cold now, ugh! Don't know where I got it from, just this weird weather I guess. Anyway, just thought I would stop by and say HI!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 AM   #12  

Cristina~ Well, she knows that we got into the accident and that we have been looking for a van. But she doesn't know that we got a new one.....nor does she know that we are coming up this weekend to see them! I really need to start heading to bed early......so I can switch it up and do my exercising in the morning so that I can jump start my metabolism!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hey Ladies!! Hope all is well...although, I bet everyone is asleep, lol. I'm soooooooooo bored right now. I dont wanna go to bed alone. Dh is on watch right now, so he can't email me. It sucks. I'm watching really bad rap videos on Mtv Hits. Where did all the good rappers go?!?! Dre needs to come back!! LoL!! What happened to all the good music?? Ugh, Vh1 Classic is playing sucky music too. Eww even Fuse has bad music!!! Wow, this really sucks!!!! LOL!!

I doubt I'm pregnant, I'm not that lucky. But I do have serious baby fever.

okay..i'm gonna stop rambling and try to chill out in the bedroom. anything is better than this bad music.

nighty nite everyone!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ladies!!!

THE weather here is yucky to say the least. No snow yet, the have pushed it off for a few more hours, but it is rainy/sleeting and windy. I just went out to put the garbage out and now I want to curl up with my book and a few blankets...Planning on hitting the gym this morning, painting the girls room, and between coats taking wallpaper down in DS' room. DH is still sleeping, and I am having intestinal issues (TMI) so we will see if we make it out the door. Really hoping to get the room done tho, so maybe I will convince him to saty in and do it this morning.

Francie~I remember the days of finding it hard to sleep with DH gone, Eventually you will get used to it...I still don't like it, but now I can fall asleep.

Cristina~yeah the exercise thing is very personal...I can work out late, but it will take me about an hour or two to settle down. I know with working out in the morning, or early afternoon, I feel way more tired by bedtime.

Sassy~Very grey here too. I don't like this weather either. I would ask why the survey is neccesary...and if it is just say that you are content with how things are. No need to make things worse by saying you hate the job.

Mindee~Have fun on your trip up to see your mom...I bet the new van is wonderful! Who hoo on the new tires

Jane~They are checking for anemia...ever since she was a baby she would eat everything...and she started to eat things that she is not supposed to again. I am sure things will be fine, just wanted to check to be sure.

Martie, Vann & and everone else~ and
Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Vann - I'm glad you plan to be here more often. It really helps me to be here often, plus, I like to see what my friends are up to. If you have trouble getting the WATP videos locally, you might want to try Amazon. We have a link here that gives 3FC a small portion of the money spent to help run the site. Just a thought.

Cristina - sorry you're getting a cold. As you said, the ups and downs with the temps is just crazy, and making everyone sick. We did have horrible storms and wind last night.

Sassy - I'd tell the truth, in a helpful tone, on the questionaire, and be specific on what you think could be changed. I used to be in management, and I always liked it when someone came to me and calmly stated what he/she thought needed attention. The people out there doing the jobs know a lot more of what's really going on than management. Just a thought.

Mindee - will you be getting your license? Then you can get out of the house w/o the kids and let Tommy take over once in awhile. Congrats again on the van! I'm very happy for you guys.

Francie - I miss Neal, too, when one of us is gone at night. He tosses, turns, snores, and farts, but I still like him to be there, lol.

Ellen - you're a good mama!

I've been working on the wedding reception details already today, and have more calls to make later. Also, Mt. Washmore beckons, lol.

Have a good day, ladies!

Last edited by Jane; 02-06-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Closed Thread