Old 02-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default getting bored

Hi all!
So I've been on the LA Weight Loss program for a little over a month and I've lost about 10 lb and 17 inches (alltogether).
I still want to lose another 30 lb.
I am not sure what number plan I am on but here's what I get every day:

2.5 proteins
3 vegetables
2 fruits
3 starches
2 dairy
2 fat

I have pretty much been eating the same stuff every day and I'm just getting sick of it.
Here's what a normal day for me looks like:

Bfast - Meal replacement drink and a fruit
(1 pro, 1 starch, 1 fruit)

no snack cuz I eat bfast late

Lunch - Rite Portion meal, milk, a fruit, 1 vegetable
(1 pro, 1 starch, dairy, fruit, and a veg)

Snack- La Lite and 6 almonds
(1 fat)

Dinner- Tuna sandwich- 2 oz tuna, 2 pc 40 calorie bread, mayo, mustard, lettuce- 2 vegetables, 1 cup milk, and lf ranch (with my carrots usually)
(1/2 pro, 1 starch, 1 fat, 2 veggies, 1 dairy, 1 fat)

Evening snack - LA Lite

I was just kinda wondering if anyone had any suggestions for changing things up a bit. By dinner I only have 1/2 protein left so tuna is about all I know to eat. I'm still losing weight and getting enough to eat but with me getting bored of the same stuff I'm scared I will eventually just quit and start craving other things I do not need to eat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
EPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome! Try out the recipes on the top of the page. There are tons of good ones.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/168/155

Height: 5'6"

I have been on LAWL for about 4 months now. My weight loss is very slow!! I am on the same plan as you and I do alot of cooking. The rite portioned meals give me gas and because of a health problems I can not drink the shakes!!
I eat oatmeal in the morning with fruit or eggs and toast.
Usually a fruit for a snack

I usually eat 1/2 to a whole protein at lunch depending on what I ate for breakfast. I will eat it on a salad or a sandwich with 40 calorie bread.
I am getting tired of trying to find something to cook for dinner. Chicken and fish are getting real old. And my husband is getting tired of brocolli and squash!!! I have made venison chilli and that's good.
My life saver is the fat free sugar free pudding. with cool whip!! We love chocolate fudge and banana flavored with bananas cut up in it and some reduced calorie vanilla wafers.

I could use some recipe ideas!!!
Riverratsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #4  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Hey,

When I am low on protein for th evening (like I am tonight), I do things like a big salad with 1/2 serving of the pre-cooked chicken you can get in the Grocery store, or if I still have a starch, I take a tortilla, spread lite sour cream on it (which is a condiment on my program (Purple colored plan)), then add lettuce and what ever veggies I want to add, cheese(low fat) and 1/2 a serving of the packaged pre-cooked chicken. Makes a great wrap, if you don't like Sour Cream, you can always use your ranch dressing instead (FF)

Those might help on those low protein nights.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #5  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Seems like Plan 2. Maybe you could try having your 1/2 protein at breakfast and have your full proteins at lunch and dinner???

Some proteins I eat regularly are: boneless skineless chicken breasts, roasted chicken (from Costco), scallops, shrimp, ground turkey, Boca crumbles, tuna, cottage cheese, turkey, eggs, lean steak, deli meat and I've splurged a couple times on crab legs.

I try not to eat the same thing more than twice a week or I start feeling bored. I also get a little grossed out feeling like I'm eating the same things over and over.

I try to do the same with veggies too: cucumber, carrots & salads with lunches; broccoli, cauliflower, sauted onions and peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts, zucchini, rutabaga, frozen stir fry mixes, and brussel sprouts with dinners.

There are good recipes on this site, but also think about how you can modify your previous favorites.

You've done great so far so keep it up! Just get a little more variety in there and you might feel a little more satisfied. Good luck!
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

yeah i would get pretty bored if i had what you were having also.

I am on a different plan so i get 2.5P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D & 1Fat so here's my plan for the day

BF: 1 egg & 1oz cheese, coffee with milk, 2 slices of bread = 1/2P, 1D, 2S

Snack - 1/2 banana & 1 pear = 2F

Lunch - Rice with yellow squash with tomatoes & chicken (leftovers) = 1S, 2V, 1P

Snack - yogurt, fruit = 1D, 1F

Dinner - orzo pasta, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes & onions = 1S, 1P, 2V

Snack - Fruit = 1F

I know i'm not really supposed to but i cook with my fat so thats how i count my 1fat.

Everyday i pretty much do things differently so i dont really get that bored. Remember that this is supposed to be a life change and if you eat the same things everyday you are not likely to make this change a lifetime one. You need to have things that you can see yourself having longterm or it wont work.

check out the recipes on top or the "Favorite breakfast" & "whats for dinner" threads for ideas.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

River... Beano is your friend.. It's been a real life saver for me in the battle against gas...

As for variety.. Don't limit your creativity.. There are tons of recipies out there that you can convert to fit the LAWL plan.. If you have questions about how to do it, ask your COD counselors.. Just make sure you watch the salt and fat contents.. There's almost no ground beef dish that you can't substitute turkey or buffalo for.

If you haven't done so, pick up the LAWL cookbook.. There are some really great idea in there and the New England style clam chowder is awesome!

A little secret: evaporated skim milk can be substituted for heavy cream in almost any kind of sauce!! (just make sure you don't buy the "sweetened" kind by mistake... Bleagh!)
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Dan did you say buffalo? Seriously?
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #9  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24 View Post
yeah i would get pretty bored if i had what you were having also.

I am on a different plan so i get 2.5P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D & 1Fat so here's my plan for the day

BF: 1 egg & 1oz cheese, coffee with milk, 2 slices of bread = 1/2P, 1D, 2S

Snack - 1/2 banana & 1 pear = 2F

Lunch - Rice with yellow squash with tomatoes & chicken (leftovers) = 1S, 2V, 1P

Snack - yogurt, fruit = 1D, 1F

Dinner - orzo pasta, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes & onions = 1S, 1P, 2V

Snack - Fruit = 1F

I know i'm not really supposed to but i cook with my fat so thats how i count my 1fat.

Everyday i pretty much do things differently so i dont really get that bored. Remember that this is supposed to be a life change and if you eat the same things everyday you are not likely to make this change a lifetime one. You need to have things that you can see yourself having longterm or it wont work.

check out the recipes on top or the "Favorite breakfast" & "whats for dinner" threads for ideas.
I used to be on Red 1 and based on what you gave above, you are not getting all your dairy in since 1 oz of cheese is only 1/2 a Dairy. Are you having 6-8oz of yogurt. I do the activia and my center said that since they were only 4 oz, I could do 2 to make a full Dairy.

Last edited by krjpy; 02-06-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
Dan did you say buffalo? Seriously?
Yep.. It's very, very lean.. You can usually find it at a good butcher's shop or a specialty food store with a meat section like "Whole Foods"...

Gotta be careful if you try to do a buffalo roast, however, as it tends to dry out quickly because of the lack of fat.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I used to be on Red 1 and based on what you gave above, you are not getting all your dairy in since 1 oz of cheese is only 1/2 a Dairy. Are you having 6-8oz of yogurt. I do the activia and my center said that since they were only 4 oz, I could do 2 to make a full Dairy.

i am having 2 4oz yogurts (dannon lite & fit) and when i have 1oz of cheese i also have 4oz of milk in my coffee so it equals 2D a day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone! I am going to print some of the recipes out I have found on here and seeing some of the meal plans you guys are eating helps as well. I am just going to have to sit down and start planning my daily menus I think. That way I will get more of a variety and also be little more prepared!
EPark is offline   Reply With Quote