Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Default How to get spouse in on the action?

my DH originally agreed to follow along with me but i had no idea how to adjust my program for men as i know they are allowed more food

My DH is 5'7 and 205, he would like to lose 40pds but he tried following my limits for 2 days and was starving. Can anyone give me any idea what a male program would consist of?
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Acccording to his stats, I would say he would be on Red with lites. That is the original color coded plan Someone else will chime in if that is not correct
Red exchanges are : 2 1/2 P, 4V, 3F, 3S, 1D, 1Fa and 2 lites
I hope this helps
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

My DH is 5'7 and now weighs 159. He started with me on 12/31 and he was 174lbs at the time. He's doing red which is 2.5P, 4V, 3S, 3F, 1D, 1Fat. no lites. I didnt know which plan was right for him and my center closed so i called up a center that was still open and asked them really nicely to help me out and tell me which plan he should be on and they were really nice and told me that he should be on red.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to tell you which plan is right for him but if not you could try calling a center thats open and asking and hopefully they will be nice enough to tell you.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #4  

Since Nicole suggested red then if you decide not to do lites it would be 1 up from that so red 1 which is 2.5P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D, 1Fat. Hopefully someone will come on and confirm this.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

thank you so much, he will be thrilled to be eating more then me!!!
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #6  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24 View Post
Since Nicole suggested red then if you decide not to do lites it would be 1 up from that so red 1 which is 2.5P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D, 1Fat. Hopefully someone will come on and confirm this.
That is the correct amounts for Red 1 on the colored plans
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

When I was pretty new to LAWL I put my DH on a secret diet. He had no idea, but I had him on red 1. I was packing his lunches and making his breakfast and dinner, so I thought that it would be brilliant. For a month he kept jumping on the scale and complaining that he was gaining weight. I was baffled. I finally figured out why. He was drinking tons of Pepsi, plus getting all of the calories that I was feeding him. Waaaaay too much. I finally gave up on the secret diet.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #8  
Post-Master

ha ha ha......Katie, that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #9  
Katie

He did not really think so when my sister squealed on me a few weeks later in a drunken card game!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #10  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I love it Katie!! So funny.

I've honestly been thinking about this a lot lately. My dbf is about 6'2 and weighs 275. I really want to encourage him to lose weight, but he's the type of person who gets defensive when I bring it up. I realize that forcing someone to be on a diet really isn't helpful, since it's such a mental thing-you have to be in the mindset.

Any ideas of how to get a stubborn man to start thinking about losing weight? He thinks he's healthy bc he works out and is muscular, but the weight around his tummy is definitely not healthy and I know he snacks a lot at work....

Last edited by amylou7777; 02-04-2008 at 07:53 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #11  
Katie

Amy- I wish I knew. My DH's father had a near fatal heart attack at age 45. The Dr. warned Scott that he should start looking out for his own heart health since these things are hereditary. Here we are now 7 years later, and he still has not done anything. I have no idea how to give him a wakeup call.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #12  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Maybe Dan can share what his lightbulb moment wast.

I don't want to force my dbf to do anything he doesn't want to do. I thought that after he saw me lose weight he would want to join in on it-but he recently started with a new company and is very into his new job, and since he is literally one track minded when it comes to some things-he tends to ignore other things that need to be focused on! I'm glad he never ignores me!
He's just very unwilling to "give up" certain foods. So now, if he wants cheese on anything he has to grate it himself! I'm sure he's eating healthier as a result, but I know he'd lose so much if he did this plan!

Anway-I hope that the suggested plans work for those of your with complaint significant others!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #13  

Katie that is too funny, i cant believe he ended up gaining.

I just asked DH if he would join me this time around because having the 3 kids it would be harder to cook separately and i knew he wanted to lose some weight also. He said he would try it and the 1st 2 days we were on a different plan and we were both starving until i found the right plan for us and now i dont even have to pack everything for him he does it himself which is great. He's lost 15lbs already so i'm sure thats keeping him motivated. He's even finding the "diet" food very good and i only get the occasional whine about him not getting any chocolate, he ate about 2-3 pieces of chocolate a day before. I do make him chocolate pudding and we have ice cream sometimes so it curbs the sweet tooth. My oldest is at his picky stage and wont even eat food most nights but my middle one loves veggies so he eats what we eat and mostly just eats the veggies so thats great.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #14  
Post-Master

That's awesome, Debbie My DH is pretty supportive as well. He eats just about anything I make. We used to low carb together every now and then, but he is not a fan of many veggies, so LAWL doesn't work out too well for him. He is also a total jacka$$ cuz he never gains more than say 15 pounds, and when he does, it is only for a month or so in the winter, so I basically hate his guts..... And funny Katie, I forgot your DH's name is Scott......there are a few Scott lovers around here
Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Default Secret Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
He did not really think so when my sister squealed on me a few weeks later in a drunken card game!
That is really hilarious, still giggling.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote