Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Chicken Sausage

Hey all,
I was at the store and found some yummy looking italian chicken sausage. I've been dying to try chicken sausage but this is the first time I found it. I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes I can it in. I considered making a pasta and tomato sauce but I thought I would see if anyone had any better uses.

Thanks!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

We make our own turkey Italian sausage. We use it in pasta sauces. We use it when we make pizza, which is rarely.

You can look for a beefy rice recipe and substitute it.

Oh, since it doesn't contain beef or pork, it is much leaner. Don't start with the heat too high. You may need to use a little bit of oil.

You can also form it into patties and serve it like you would a regular link sausage.

Congratulations on your weight loss. You've done an awesome job.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I buy chicken sausage links and cut them up. Stir fry them with cut up peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, etc. All my family likes them.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I use turkey sausage--I slice it up and toss in a crock pot with onions, peppers, some beef or chicken broth, some white cooking wine, and tomato sauce (and whatever seasonings you like). I like it, and my fiance LOVES it.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I use already cooked sausage (Cantellas, I think?). I also use Jennie-O sweet Italian sausage that needs to be cooked. The cooked kind only needs to be heated through.

I use both types in omlettes, pizza, pasta, stir-fry, and I have a recipe for sausage and potato salad that is really good. It is from one of the Sara Foster cookbooks. I have one grilled when DH is having hot dogs.

Two oz. papardelle, cooked, a bit of sauce made with Muir Glenn tomatoes, and some slices of the Cantellas all topped with parmesan is just yummy, and what could be easier?
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

I make Sausage pasta w/Turkey Sausage; I'm sure it'd work with chicken.

With the casings still on, cook the sausage in a pan and slice it up. Saute it with bell peppers and onions. Serve over whole wheat pasta. My ex loved this--such a man meal!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote