General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default ALLI!!!!! February thread!!

Hello to all Alli users!!! Come here and post about your thoughts and concerns about Alli, and anything else you'd like to chat about!!

Hope everyone finds this thread!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tammy: Thankyou for the new thread ! Read your post and also posted directions on how to find it easy each time...Thank you for starting the new post...Lots of people clicking on the site....Must be a lot of people on Alli or thinking about it.

You never answered, how warm is it there in GA? How I envy you if it is nice and warm...still cold and wet in N. CA...

Sis: We have falling in love with Sweet Pea, even if she is 735 miles north of us...Yes, please go and hold her in 2 weeks, when her eyes are opened...Boy I envy people today...Tammy if she is getting warm by sunshine and now you getting to go see Sweet Pea in 2 weeks...

Sharon: I am so sorry about your mama...You are a very good daughter and will never have regrets over helping her...God is watching over you all and always will be right by your side, leading you all the way in her care.

Sis and I lost our mama and father within 1 year of each other. It was very hard losing them both like that. Dad was in a rest home...but mama died at home..my darling sisters came the last 3-4 months of her life to help..which was a lifesaver...I would not have finished college with out them...Mama held on until two days after my graduation...She knew I would not have finished if she had left before. I remember sitting down the day after graduation and talking with my mom...I thanked her for all her love, and support in my schooling and that every thing was going to be fine now...and told her it was OK to let go...What a mama...A real trooper till the end. Believe it or now, her last request was for a Cig...Too weak to really enjoy it but still she was going out with that Cig....I still miss my parents even after 25 years.

Sis: I miss you so much...sitting here with tears, thinking about how much I miss sis, Barb...(she was our generation and suppose to grow old with us).
I better quit this and get on with business at hand. Love Ya so much !

Shy: and the rest of you...where are you??? how is every thing?

Tomorrow is weigh in day...watch the salt today!!! best to you all.

Going out for a walk with my Skiwalkers to clear my heard and yes get the exercise...

I know with out a doubt, I will see mama again some day!!!!
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #3  

Right now it is about 65 on the coast. It was a bit warmer when we went into town earlier. I lost my parents close together too. My mom passed away in December of 1997, and my dad in August of 1998. Hubby's parents passed away within 4 months of each other. It was hard on us, but even harder on our son losing both sets of grandparents before he was 10 years old.

We hit Wal Mart after church. Now the cupboards aren't bare. Now we can actually eat here instead of trying to decide where to go. Not that I really minded eating out, but this way my choices will be healthier.

Bought a case of bottled water. When we do our little day trips, we'll throw some in the cooler with ice to take along.

Hope everyone finds this thread!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone...Sure hope Alli group finds us here.
I am very happy to report my weight loss this Monday morning is 4 lbs...Making a total for Jan. 12 lb...I hope it keeps up...

Tam: Thanks for writing about your parents...I bet your boy does miss having his grandparents around...so sorry...
You are lucky to have a Walmart around...I wish we had one. I don't care what some people say about Walmart, I love to shop there....

I was so tempted yesterday to just go buy my favorite Ice Cream Bar. I think what drove me to this thought was My four darling daughters (who are my best friends) all went to Disney World. I miss them so much...They are all married and we are blessed to have them all still live in our area...OH< yes, they say I am their best friend too!!!

Today Hubby and I start baby sitting the 2 youngest grandsons...ages 3 and 5...The 5 year old is pretty good but the 3 year old, you can't take an eye off him!!!! Yes, I realize he is only 3...will keep you informed how the week goes...

Sis: I think of you through out the day. Time is going by and we will be able to come north to visit. Yes, please go when SweetPea has her eyes open and can you please ask her when would be a good time for you or you and I to take her to the vet for a checkup before bring her home. I love You.

Everyone Else: I hope you are all well and doing wonderfully with Alli and Low Fat Diet...Lets all drink more water and exercise in what ever way we can...My best to all of you...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Never give up...

Morning,

It's a good morning...thanking God for another day of life.

First I want to congratulate sis on her loss this week...WAY TO GO SIS!

I was a bit disappointed when I got on the scale since I only showed a one pound loss but like DH said, time is not my enemy. I need to just do my thing and know that the pounds are coming off. I can tell I've lost inches by the fit of my clothes. I think the exercise is my main problem so will try to get in more walking this week. I know I am sticking to plan.

I have my ladies small group here this morning. We have a fun project we did this week and they're all supposed to bring it with them. It's a collage on a 8X11 piece of craft paper...they were to set the timer to 10min. tear out pictures from a magazine (no scissors) then paste them onto the craft paper anyway they like. We will each look at them today and tell what we think they say about each other. DH already did mine and I had to laugh at some of the things he said but actually he was right on! Try it...it's fun. I have next weeks project ready...will share that with you another day.

Tammy, I am happy you got to Walmart and stocked up on the good foods for you and DH to stick to the plan. Soak up that nice weather whilst you can.

The rest of you...Have a great day and a good week.

Brighten
9lb loss

Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

I found you guys! I need to be better about checking in here more often. You can see I'm not a big poster as I have been here for 8 years, and only 229 posts!
Monday weigh in 165lbs, was hoping for 1 more for an even 10, but I'll take it!. 6 more to my goal for Valentines day!
Bionic, any more pics of puppy? So cute! Awesome on the 4 lbs!
Bright, 1 lb is fine, I lost 1 last week and made up for it this week with 3. Doing nothing different either. So next week you should do great.

Last edited by barbmarie; 02-04-2008 at 11:22 AM.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  

Barb: Just posted the latest picture of SweetPea...She looks to be a doll.
Congrats on the weight loss...always nice to see.

Sis: Congrats on your weight loss too honey...you did good.

Baby sitting this week off and on...2 gandsons ages 3-5. no more peace today. But a joy to see and have them even for a little while. They will be spending the night tonight...Going to take them to Home Town for dinner...They love to be able to pick out there foods....

Bless to you all as you weigh in this week and work on next week....one step at a time.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #8  

Default Hi

Im new here and this is my first post. My doctor recommended alli so im headed to the store tommorrow to buy it. Any tips for me? Thanks in advance.
stewartsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #9  
Brighten

Stewartsgirl...my advice for what it's worth is: Use the Alli site to your advantage...list your nutrients every meal because that keeps us honest. I have been on Alli three weeks and lost 9lbs total...8 the first week, stayed the same the second week and lost 1lb this week. It's not going to come off fast but it will come off. Please stay with us and be encouraged along with way.

Barb, good for you! I agree with you - I'll take one pound over gaining any day! Keep it up!

Tammy, I hope your weather gets a lot warmer for you!

Sis, I love you and hope your day went well with those two little boys.

Brighten

9lb loss

Old 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #10  

Bionic, great weight loss!!! We'll be at Disney World the end of February. Keep us posted on the grand kids!! Good luck!

Brighten, 1 pound is better than none! You are fine!! Just keep it up. I like the project that you did with your group. Sounds like fun.

Barb, good going on the loss also! I weighed yesterday, and I'm the same as when I left. considering we've eaten in restaurants for a week, I feel fortunate. I'm glad that I brought our scales along!!

Welcome stewartsgirl!! Make sure you read all of the info in the little booklets that come with the starter kit. It will help get you going in the right direction. Do your best, and it will work!!

Today we ate at the condo for breakfast and supper. We got a club sandwich from the restaurant here at the condos, and we split it. Normally we each would have ordered our own.

I've been trying to get my Bible reading/study caught up. I went several days without doing it, so I'm back into it. hubby went to do laundry tonight, so it was nice and quiet here. I was able to get alot done. When he is here, the tv is usually on.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #11  

Good Morning everyone...

S.Girl: What Brighten (my sis) said before me is so true. Stick with the Capsuls each meal, and low fat meals...Sent a goal of about 10 lbs at a time...Don't think of the long road ahead...One day and one step at a time...Glad to have you here with us...Please post again and let us know how you are doing.

Tammy: Enjoy your self at Disney World. Something nice to plan for and with less weight to carry it will make it even more enjoyable.
After a very hard night with the 3 year old grandson (he talks and knows what he is saying but half the time no one can understand), so he gets very mad.

Just gave both boys their bathes and they are dressed and hair combed for other pair of Grandparents to come and pick up for this day...We get them tomorrow again...

Sometimes using this site and Alli Message board, I get the two sites mixed up...so if you see a name you don't recall, let it go. My mind gets too full at times as i am sure everyones does...

Sis: Looking forward to this afternoon and no kids and I can rest ! and perhaps get rose beds ready...I am going to go try to set my Pedometer...my step in 24 inches. what is yours? Love, Lu
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #12  
Brighten

Default Windy

Windy here in the Pacific NW...so I went to the mall to walk.

Good for you Tammy...no gain! Yes, my small group had a great time with the collage project. We had fun analzing each others collage.
This is what I choose for our next project:
Nurture Yourself
1.Treat yourself to a pretty flower on your table.
2.Organize something you’ve been putting off?
3.Take an hour out of one day and just listen to
your favorite music.
4.Buy something special for yourself this week.
It can be simple or extravagant, whatever makes
you feel good. It cannot be something you NEED.
5.No shower! Take a bubble bath, light a candle
listen to music…pray.
6.Now do something special for someone else.
7.Share with us next Monday how many items
on the list you accomplished. Also bring your
favorite verse with you.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
Longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there
is no law. Gal. 5:22

I bought my flower today...since it's a beautiful orchid this is also my special gift to myself. It's looks like a water color in lovely bright pinks.

Sis, my stride is 25" it was closer to 25 than 24 so we chose the 25.
I am glad you have a day to yourself to recoup! Yes, I did take my skiwalkers and love them even in the mall because I can walk faster and without all the stress on my bad knee. Notice I have my ticker now!

Brighten

For every five pound loss.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #13  
Not Monkeying Around

Height: 5' 7"

Smile Hey Hey Hey!

I popped on to say 'Hello!" to all the Alli posters! I have been a little over a month on Alli! I absolutely love it. Who would have ever known that I could get 5 times a day (and I mean EAT!) and lose weight? I love the meal plans; I love the loads of information on the site. And that little pill sure is a nice assist. So far I have lost 20 lbs (The first 8 lbs came off in 5 days when I started the diet. I was eating very high sodium food and those 8 lbs were the result.) My only complaint is the forums. How many times do I have to hear about people's fear of TE's?

I lurked around 3FD for awhile before deciding this was the place for me. I hope to get to know everyone just as I would like you to know me. A little about me: I am 40 years old (41 in March). I live in Portland OR. I have one child, a boy aged 10. I have one dog, a Coonhound, aged 3. I have one cat aged 11. And one chicken, 4 years old I think. Oh yea, I have this tall guy who sleeps next to me for the last 12 years too. He occationally speaks with a brogue since he was raised in Ireland, but it is almost gone after years of living in the US. He is currently in nursing school with about a year and a half to go. I own an espresso catering business that definately keeps me on my toes. Either I have loads of time to do things or I am slammed busy without time to even have lunch (like today - makes me a grumpy Mamma Louie).

We are going to Ireland this summer to visit family (we are able to manage this about every 3 years or so), and then on to Poland to attend a big family wedding in August. I would LOVE to be at my ideal weight by then, but I think that is pretty much wishful thinking. Not being obese would be wonderful too!

This is the first time in my life I have seriously examined my diet and followed a plan. I dont consider the Alli meal plan a "diet". This is the way I will eat for LIFE. I am committed to a low fat, balanced diet. The whole family, even my son, has jumped on the band wagon. (My DH lost 10 lbs just by eating the dinners and not having junk around the house. Damn him! I excercise every day of the week!) Not only do I feel like I am doing something wonderful for myself, but I am teaching my son healthy habits and I am helping my DH have a healthier heart.

Congratulations to all of you working at making your life healthier. We deserve it!
Mamma Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #14  
Brighten

Default Morning

Welcome to this wonderful group of ladies Mama Louie...we are here to encourage and lift you up. I think you've done a great job so far...keep up the good work. Using the Alli tools is a very smart move. I could not do this without it at this point.

Heading out soon to my Pulmonary doctor appt. Say a prayer please. I want good results from the tests today.

I will then head to the mall to walk since it's raining again today.

Take care and God Bless.

I love you sis!

Brighten
Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #15  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a question about Alli I saw a show today I normally don't watch since I work during the daytime....today school was closed due to the storm....

anyhow they listed the top 5 weightloss pills on the market today.....Alli was #1 the doctor on this show spoke a bit of praise for Alli because it is FDA approved as well that it doesn't use stimulants....however they did quote(as I do) from their website this precaution...

Quote:
You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work

What in the world???? LOL

do any of you have this issue??? are we talking #1 or #2?? I was trying convince my husband this product would be good to use..........now he wont let me even think about it!

(I had issues in High School with taking MANY diet pills at once to lose weight and he is very cautious of me taking anything for weight loss)
DMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote