South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

It's Friday!

We're having an ice storm right now, but it's supposed to warm up so this won't be around too long. The schools are on a 2-hour delay, so at least I don't have to be out there driving. Maggie was well enough to be able to go back to school today, so I know she'll be happy with the delay, that means no pre-K for her.

I'm going to refill my coffee, anyone else want some?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, be careful out there in the ice...brrrrrr!!! We had a really bad storm yesterday evening with tornado watch, limbs down, flooding etc. It stopped just in time for me to go to my photography class. I'm debating on whether or not to go for the last 3 classes as I will miss Survivor!

Nothing particularly fun happening here today...just teaching and then working here. I have some halibut defrosting for this afternoon. My husband has to work from 2:30 this afternoon till 11:30 tonight. He is taking another guy's place today so the other guy can go to a Mardi Gras ball. We will be off from school/work on Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras, so that's something to look forward to. I'll probably have to work since many of my clients don't live here and don't realize it's like Christmas...a big holiday.

I am kind of sore today from the fluidity bar workout yesterday morning, so may do WATP later today to try to loosen up a bit. I'm sure a hot bath and a couple of "exedrin back and body" will fix me right up.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-01-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

A hot bath is always in order, Cat! Enjoy!!!

Linda, glad to hear Maggie's feeling better!

I have got the worst case of the munchies today. So far I've been able to keep them at bay but my head is spinning from it! I'm stirring up a new jar of peanut butter so I can have some apple slices with peanut butter smothered on top as my evening snack. Isn't it funny that it feels like a treat to me? The peanut butter is so rich and...buttery...Love it!

Have a safe Friday!!!

Kara
Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kara, I had the munchies something fierce last night too when I got home from my class. I also ate a couple of scoops of peanut butter and that didn't do it for it for me...so I hit the laughing cow cheese and it didn't either. I finally made a big old salad and that did the trick. I was so busy earlier that I hadn't eaten since 2 and by 8 I was starving. I should know better, but was pressed for time.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Must be something wafting through the air I guess. My apples and peanut butter are tasting pretty good right now! But that's it. I'm stopping with this.

Kara
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Wow, you guys were busy yesterday! Lots of threads for me to catch up on. The kids are on a two hour delay here too this morning, so I slept in a little. I was so beat from yesterday, so it was very nice. Today should be pretty low key and it's Friday!

cottage, I can't wait to hear if you like the Toddy. It's awesome for lattes, and yesterday I put a little in the chocolate cheesecake smoothie. I haven't ordered my frother yet, but maybe I'll do that today.

Cat, Our committee meeting used to be on Thursdays and it drove me nuts to miss Survivor those nights. It's been moved to Wednesday's now, so it won't be a problem. Of course you can always watch it online the next day.

Kara, I had a little problem last night too, but I got up really early and had a really long day away from home, and didn't pack enough snacks, so when I got home I was REALLY hungry and had a huge dinner. Bean Soup, 3 Bean Salad, a glass of milk, then a little while later a few peanuts, then half a scoop of NSA ice cream. I was feeling kinda guilty and too full when I went to bed.

I'm going to go read all the threads and then I'll be back!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks... It has been a crazy unbelivable week for me. I don't even know how to explain it, other than it affects two little girls that I babysit and my heart is breaking for them.
I have been super busy with dance stuff. Which is making me crazy.
They are calling for the ice storm here to. Tonight into tomorrow. I will be glad when winter ends.
Well I have to dash need to make some dance related phone calls. I will try to pop back in later.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Once again, TGIF indeed!

Cottage: Hope you all stay warm, especially those kiddos. They certainly don't need to be sick again! Anyways, have a great Friday and I'm glad you don't have to drive in that mess.

Cat: I probably missed several posts about it, but how is the fluidity bar working for you? Judging by the fact that you're sore, I imagine it's a good workout. I'm hoping to hop back onto the WATP wagon tonight. Being sick and walking doesn't work for me. Have a great day! How dare those clients not give you Mardi Gras off?! It's so interesting how certain regions/cities/states, etc. take certain holidays and the rest of the country just has NO clue!

Kara: PB with apples has always been one of our household favorites. Such a simple thing, but SOOOO yummy. I hope the snack keeps the munchies away until bedtime!

Schmoodle: I'm with you celebrating Friday. It's been a looong week! I hope you have a great day! I'm behind on threads as well - I'm hoping to catch up this weekend if I get all of my homework done.

LC: I'm the opposite of you - I wish winter would stick around. Our winter has been SO mild! One big snow during Thanksgiving weekend and pretty much nothing else. I do hope that the storm isn't too bad and that you all stay safe and warm. I also hope the situation with the two little girls improves and that you're able to relax a little this weekend!

Me: Yesterday was the last day to pay property taxes without penalty and the end of the month, so we were swamped. I actually got to work at 6:30 am this morning to catch up. I think I'm almost done and had to take a break and have a cup of coffee with my SB sisters!

Tonight will be working out, I'll try three miles tonight, straightening up the house a little and doing homework. I missed some classes with my illness, so I'm needing to catch up. I'm right where I need to be for Statistics, but I'm behind a week in Tech Ed (we only meet once a week and I missed that meeting!) Dinner is leftover Taco Bake so that we can get as much done as possible before the "real" weekend.

Well, better get back to work. My bookkeeper gets here at 8:30 and I need to get some stuff on her desk by then. Always busy at tax time!!

Have a great day! ~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 02-01-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well as usual the weatherman was wrong! We did end up with a small amount of slush and it is snowing now but no where near the 6-9 inches they had us all fooled into! So yeah I am at work this morning. Waiting for my son to check in because he I don't think is going to get as lucky in the snow department.

Cottage Glad Maggie is feeling better, be careful out there today!

Cat Thought of you lastnight watching the weather channel, glad you made it through ok.

Kara & Shmoodle I'm with you on the munchies, it has to be in the air! I'm blaming mine on the weather man, he had my body tricked into hibernation mode (forget I live right behind a grocery store and I am pretty sure no matter how much snow we would ever get I wouldn't starve!)

LC It's so hard to see kids go through rough times.

I guess since I am at work I should attempt to make it a productive day, check back with you all later!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Stephanie: My it's early for simulposting! Hope you have a great, productive day at work!!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Okay, I think I'm caught up now, and since I've blown an hour here, I guess I'd better get myself and the kids fed!
By the way, for snacks at my meeting yesterday, they had out bagels, cream cheese, donuts, and chex mix, but I was an

But first:
to Maggie!
pamatga, I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. Hope Mom is doing okay.
Sillyfluff, good to read you again!
tkglenn, we're here to help you any way we can.
Cat,, my DH sneaks fleur-de-lis into our decor wherever he can (that is, whenever I'm not looking). Not long ago, he brought home an iron work end table. It wasn't until I was dusting it, that I realized there were fleur-de-lis in the pattern! It's like Disney World here, with all the hidden Mickies! For Christmas, as a gesture of good will, I put some fleur-de-lis boxers into his stocking, but he hasn't worn them. Is that sacrilegious? I guess if they're okay on the feet, then they're okay on the tushie too!
Hello to the busy birds, Kim, Stephanie, LC! LC, give those babies a hug from us!

And an announcement, today makes two scale-free weeks for me, 2 more to go!
Also, I just realized it's February. I guess I am fully awake now.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-01-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Friday - Friday - Friday

My ticker looks horrible as I am up again in weight but all my clothes still fit the same
My dh says it's probably because of all your going thru and the new meds and no exercise. Hopefully he's right and just not saying that to make me feel better.

Cottage glad to hear Maggie is feeling better. Good luck with your crazy weather.

Cat I hope the excedrin works. Enjoy your extra long weekend

Kara I just love peanut butter and I swear I could eat the whole jar at one sitting

Hiya Schmoodle& Stepahnie good morning

LC I hope everything works itself out

Kim you did make it in early today good for you. Enjoy your Friday

Tonight is friday dinner with the grandparents so we are going to Crispers and I am thinking of either soup or salad or both.

Be back to check in again
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey morning chicks! I ate my peanut buttered apple (Hey, funny story, we went up to Seoul one day and went to the big aquarium there and at the snack bar they had "peanut buttered squid". ??? Tom said he had squid at darts one night and you're supposed to eat it with a peanut. He told me it really made it taste better. I can't even stomach the idea of eating squid - remember, I "turned" vegetarian because I saw my mom cleaning out the Thanksgiving turkey when I was a kid - so this was bonkers to me. Anyway, funny story. Peanut buttered squid. ) and was smart enough to put away the peanut butter before I started eating, because otherwise I would've been dipping into it up to my wrists. But here I am, sitting here with my water being a good girl. Schmoo, you and I are just Beachy saints, aren't we?! Good job on avoiding those snacks at your meeting yesterday!

Gonna, glad to hear you're still on the mend. Kudos to your hubby for saying what he said. I'm certain he meant it! How sweet!!!

Stephanie, go forth and be productive! That's us ignoring the munchies, OK?

Kim, good luck getting all your homework done! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

LC, hope everything works out with the girls. I know you'll do anything you can to help them!

Lisa! Just in case you're popping in. Miss you!

I need to make my breakfast for tomorrow so I'm ready to go when I get up. It's YOGA DAY! My last Saturday yoga in Korea. I need a smiley with one little tear running down it's face.

Did I tell you I did a spin class today? Really, it was an interval class but the cardio intervals were on the bike. I took a spin class once and couldn't walk for a week afterward because my bum hurt so bad. I'm exaggerating, but my tush was SO sore. I was scared to death today, but we just did five minute intervals so it wasn't bad. I still don't think I'll be signing up for a spin class anytime soon, though.

Off to make oatmeal.

Kara
Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/185.5/135

Height: 5'1

HI ladies! Just checking in before my busy weekend.How crazy, I had to fight off the munchy bug last night also! Glad you all made good choices =)Have a great weekend.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, dear, Nicole. It's certainly a world-wide epidemic! Was it a full moon or something?! Good luck managing your weekend! How's everything going with the man away?

Kara
Closed Thread