Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default From faraway downunder the worldly chicksare frassin, freezin & fitter in February

There you go, try that one out for size.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lol
Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You got frassin' spelled right!

If we get the sleet tomorrow as predicted at least 2 of the worldlies will be freezin'.

Thanks for setting up the new place Shad.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #4  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WTF!!! I AM CRACKING UP OVER HERE!! AND GOD KNOWS I NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH. THANKS SHADDIE...SAFE TRIP HOME. LOOKING FORWARD TO A CHIN WAG BEFORE YOU SET OFF AGAIN. AND WE ARE FRASSIN FREEZIN IN JANUARY HERE!! THE WINDS! YIKES!! GLAD YOU FOUND THE P.O. CHEAP...WELL CHEAPER THAN THE AIRLINES!! HOME SWEET HOMEWARD BOUND

SHAKER~ GOOD NEWS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!! SORRY TO READ ABOUT THE TMILL. HOPE IT GETS FIXED AND RETURNED QUICKLY.....AND NOT TOO MUCH $$$$

I HAD A TOUGH NITE THAT WAS SPENT PARTLY IN THE LOO AROUND 3AM. I THINK IT WAS JUST THE STRESS OF THE WEEK. FEELING BETTER THIS MORNING BUT A FEW CALM DAYS WOULDN'T HURT. I AM SO BRAIN DEAD I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY SINCE LAST NIGHT
HAPPY THURSDAY AND THE WEEKEND IS JUST A HOP SKIP AND A JUMP AWAY
Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #5  
Happy September

I put the link for this in a pm to Ruth. she has her breadcrumb trail now to follow

BTW......some of us are expecting great motivation this month from our Downunder Sisters! That should keep you both out of the fridge!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-31-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #6  
Happy September

Recipe #11

Fill A Warmed pita Pocket with Some smoked Turkey, Roasted Peppers, Sliced Onions, Watercress And Hummus.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #7  

Height: 1.73

Morning ladies, well this fits just nicely for the 1st Feb thanks Shad
I love Fridays, work is always pretty relaxed and is nice to have a w/end to look forward too.

Now I have a question for you all.. I get shin splints blingin painful at the moment but this is because I have been walking on the footpath. If I am on my treadmill I do not get them at all and can walk fast and jog etc, but once I hit the pavement they come straight away. This morning I have not been walking as it is painful enough to get ready for work. So the question is why the footpath and not the treadmill, is it the shoes and they are fine on the tmill because that has a soft landing but not soft enough for the concrete, I have good asics??.. does anyone else get these nasties, at first I thought it was because I was not fit enough and the muscle was making them sore but I have been walking\jogging for 4wks now so surely that is long enough to gain some fitness?.. hmm anyway let me know if you have any ideas.. rest is the only thing that fixes them .. how very annoying!!!

Shad the excess baggage sounds like a good idea, are you back to Brissy for good?

Mel maybe you need to spend a few days on the couch watching some movies, hope you feel better soon

I am off to the travel expo tomorrow to get DH and DS a cheap fare to Perth, my MIL will be in deep doodoo if I don't since she wouldn't let me book these fares I found back in Oct and said no no wait for the Expo will be nice and cheap.. I am meeting her there when it opens so I am hoping I won't be there too long, I hate wandering around things like that, just looking at travel and hotels, not much fun if you aren't going anywhere yourself!

Happy hope you are well today and penned that complaint letter, are you feeling better?

The biggest loser started here last night 3 teams and 3 trainers, I was out with DD at her training so missed the first part but managed to record the last 45mins so will watch that sometime this w/end. We have the look good nakey show here too, I have watched it a few times but not really my thing, wouldn't do it myself, don't need to show my cellulite to the world, no matter how nice the undies are you can still see that stuff

Anyway have a great Friday everyone when you mosey on over here..
Old 01-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not frassin freezin here I can tell you! It's a tad on the warm side at the moment and the air is very dry which doesn't do a lot for my sinus' I can tell you.

Glad you liked the title Rennie. It's really very Carla-ish don't you think??? Some dreams you've been having. It's a bit like going to work over here - that's a real nightmare I can tell you.

Happy - hope you are recovering from the rotten colonoscopy now and can sit in a seemly fashion. Stay warm and toasty my friend.

Mel - I hope you didn't spray your coffee on the screen - it makes a lot of marks and is hard to clean off. I have had my share of cleaning this week - and to think I might just have to do it all over again when I get home is not a pretty thought. I see you are getting the terminology in place - breadcrumb indeed!!!!! Anyone know how Ruth is?? is she up and running or at home or sulking in her scotch???

Shaker - good news on the weight loss. Hope the treadie comes back in a better frame of mind. As for the shin splints, some get them, some don't. All I can suggest is that you run on the grass and see if that helps. Try the berms (nature strips - grassy bits out front in the street (you know the ones, where you have to mow and look after but it is not actually yours according to the council)) I don't actually get them, but I do get sore shins if I run or power walk the pavements enough. Trouble with the nature strips is that the dogs have generally got there before you and you have to watch where you are putting your feet - TMI I know.
When is this wedding in Perth???? Generally speaking you get a better rate if you book really early and never fewer than 3 weeks before you travel. I presume you are getting the AirNZ flight direct to Perth. I understand it is as good a deal as any of the others and has the advantage of direct and not with a stopover in Sydney or Melbourne - where you can't leave the airport because you don't have enough time, but there is plenty of time to kill in a boring old airport.

Inspection went off okay yesterday. She arrived on time, told me she was leaving the company on Friday, took a cursory glance in the oven and counted the knifes and forks. Phooey. 10 minutes was all it took.
This morning I went to breakfast with the old team (no food in the fridge anymore apart from a Granny Smith apple) and waited for the carpet cleaner to arrive. He or rather they took around 15-20 minutes to do the steam clean and another 5 to relieve me of $80.00 and give me directions as to when I can walk on it and when I can put the furniture back. Maybe I'll retire as a carpet cleaner!! or maybe not. He must see some horrible sights from time to time.
This afternoon I pick up a car and I am going to find some cliffs and some sea. I have a yen to have the wind in my hair and some salty sea air in the lungs. Exactly where yet I haven't worked out, but I will go get some lunch, find a map of South Western Australia and poke a pin in it. With my luck, I will get Cottesloe Beach 15 minutes down the road where the beautiful people go in Perth and where I am definitely not part of the 'in crowd'.

I'll not be back before Sunday afternoon my time so I will catch up with you then.

Stay cool (not literally)
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 PM   #9  

It is frassin freezin here...I will share. In fact I will give it away. LOL!!

HUGS!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Have a good trip Shad - I've probably missed you.

Doing ok. Just very busy at the moment. Will be back soon.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 AM   #11  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
Yes I do lol. I love it
Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #12  
Happy September

SHAKER~ I OVER HEARD A CONVERSATION ONCE BETWEEN THE DR AND A PATIENT. HE SAID THE CONCRETE WAS VERY UNFORGIVING TO THE SHINS AND HE SAID THE SAME AS YOU. CONCRETE IS A HARD LANDING FOR THE FOOTFALL. NOW THE MAN HAD TO USE EITHER A TMILL OR INDOOR RUNNING TRACK THAT WAS CUSHIONED. BUT I NEVER HEARD THE REST OF THE STORY. LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THE AIRFARES!!!!!!!!

ANNIE~ HOPE THE OFFICE MOVING GOES WELL AND TAKE CARE WITH THE SNOW!!! I THINK PEOPLE EVERYWHERE BUY OUT ALL THE STAPLES WHEN THE SNOW THREATENS!! SAME AS WHEN THE WEATHER IS BAD, ALL THE SENIORS MUST GO OUT IN IT!!!!!!!!

SHAD~ ENJOY THE SUN, SAND, AND SURF FOR ALL OF US FROZEN CHICKS ON THE WRONG END OF THE POND I WILL ENVY YOU FROM AFAR. WHEN YOU STICK THE MAP WITH A PIN...MAKE SURE IT'S ON A TABLE AND NOT ON YOUR LAP HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

TO HAPPY, HOLLY AND SHY

I AM GOING TO TAKE SHAKER'S IDEA AND GET INTO THE RECLINING WHEELCHAIR AND SIT MY AMPLE BUTT IN FRONT OF THE TV WITH A STACK OF DVDS AND MAYBE SOME AIRBLOWN POPCORN. SEEMS MY BODY IS STILL REBELING AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY. WAS SICK AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. MAYBE FRUIT AND STRESS NEED TO BE SEPARATED I FELT BETTER WHEN I DRANK COFFEE EVERY DAY. JUST MY EYES AND FACE LOOKED LIKE CHIT...BUT I FELT GOOD
THE SENIORS HAVE A SUPER BOWL PARTY TOMORROW SO THE WEEKEND SHOULD BE QUIET. THEY WILL SLEEP ALL DAY SUNDAY!! NOTHING TO DO ON THE AGENDA. 2 CALLS TO MAKE AND THE WEEKEND WILL BE MINE.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #13  

A blustery good morning to you all!
I am staying home. The roads are passable right now but there is minimal traffic out there, no trucks and we live on a hwy. But there are severe warnings for later this morning. All the schools all around us are closed.
I will call my clients. I can go in tomorrow afternoon and do them.
So we get to have a nice cozy family day at home. LOL!
DS is already crying because it is worst day of his life. Dad will be hogging the TV, he cant see his friends, he wants to go to Walmart....... just wait til I make him clean his room and put his own laundry away. LOL!!!!

DD is looking at her baby album. Man, I sure loved having my babies.

I had a great sleep.I am quite happy to be home.I have lots of office work to do. I placed a product order for the shop.Colours, perms etc. there is a start up kit. It is $745.00. I went for it. You are getting your product at half price which increases your profit. All I can say is thank God for Visa. Quite seriously. It is a smart biz move but a big out lay of cash. I can replace the $ amount with 10 clients and I have enough colour to do 80 or more. They throw in all the extra tools for free too, like bowls and capes and swatch books....

I have been writing my business profile to send out to people. Need to fine tune that.
Then, of course, I could actually clean my house.I will just work around the living room where Hubby will be planted on the couch for the next 14 hours.

Lots of tax stuff to do.

HUGS!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Holly~I will book mark this thread too. Good to hear that you are still around. Will catch up later.

HI all!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #15  

Looky there- it's UPS. She was getting lonely on our old thread. She is friends with Annie too!!! Another very cool chicka.
Closed Thread