Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #1  

Default Thank you!! Thyroid (underactive) help

I was surfing around here and started reading the thyroid threads!!! I'm not crasy!! In my last Dr appointment I said "you know I sorta remember feeling great a long time ago on a different kind of Thyroxian". He said no dosen't matter!!
So now I have followed a bunch of links and will ask my dr very nicly if he will switch me over to the other brand. An experiment if you will. To think I may have spent 2 years on anti depresants and it may have been cause the thyroxian isn't one that works on me!!
Ok now I'm going to do something I have never done before. I am 5'2" and 217 lbs this is not my highest weight but pretty darn close!! Ok that wasn't so bad. I'm so not happy with this weight. Since I moved and got a new dr and a different thyroxian 7 years ago I have gained over 40 lbs (in an up and down sorta way) and had problem with depression.
Keep your fingures crossed for me my GP is married to my Thyroid guy so I can't play one against the other they like each other LOL. I will let you know how things go. I will also get more serious about walking seeing as I have now put my weight out here for the world to see!!
Sorry about babbling but this is excitting to me and my family is asleep!!
housewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #2  

Exercise is a must for hypos and so is eating the right foods. A good website is thyroid.about.com if you want more info on that. I work with a nutritionist and have maintained my loss for many years now.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #3  

Well I have an up date. I got him to switch my brand and am now down to the weight I was when I moved here!! 179!!! I haven't changed much but my brand, thought I will admit I do move more now was it isn't as much of an effort. Of course now I'm going to visit the new and fun TSH Wars!! Mrs Dr (the gp) thinks I'm over medicated now. Mr Dr (internal medicine) says my TSH is on the low side but my free T4 is right so it's fine.
Anyone else fighting with dr's about the new TSH range and how you feel. I could use some pointers doing blood work tomorrow figure the GP is going to have a cow. Maybe I can distract her with my colesteral (sp) never had it taken before... or at least not that I remember.
housewife is offline   Reply With Quote