South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's Thursday on the Beach!

Okay, sleepychickies, time to wake up!

I'm looking at a long day ahead with a sick child. When I picked up Maggie yesterday from school, she had a fever. I guess it was inevidible that she'd get it from her sister. I'll have to find a good movie for us to watch and take my book with me.

In other news, my scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks. It's so weird though, my clothes are getting looser, where are those pounds going? That's why I hate scales, they're so unreliable!

How's everyone's day shaping up?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

"In other news..." Linda, you're funny. Sorry about the scale monster visiting your house. I think mine finally moved when I whined a lot. Must've burned up extra calories or something! Try it - we're all ears!

Busy, busy, busy for us today. I'm just now sitting down for dinner at 8:31. I ate lunch while everyone else was eating dinner...I'm a little behind today. I did get in two great workouts and got in a spectacular number of minutes this month, so hopefully it'll pay off when I weigh in tomorrow for my monthly number. We shall see!

Time to put the kiddos to bed. Be back later!

Kara
Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Cottage
Good Evening Kara
And everyone else who will stop be here later. It's been completely hectic in my world. I somehow always forget that when my boss leaves I'm in charge and that's alot of work. Funny cause I don't think he does all that much when he's around I'm off to work out. My eating has been awful so I have to do something. Have a great day.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Post your menu in the daily menu thread, Dawn. That keeps me accountable. I don't know why, but it does! Have fun with your workout!

Kara
Old 01-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I had to change my ticker

and I don't mean my heart. As I have said before, honesty is the best policy even when it sucks!

I had to adjust my ticker "up" this morning. Yes, I went off the beach. I strayed this past weekend. I had been feeling guilty about 3/4ths of our groceries being my "diet food" even though my DH has been so supportive through this all and I said let's go ahead and buy "fudge fixins'" and we'll have my Mom's homemade fudge. I KNEW that if it was in the house I'd be eating it.

I am glad that this is the last day of this month. The New Year has really started out poopy. Aren't I heavy duty cusser? LOL

My Mom is in critical care 986 miles away after cancer surgery that went terribly wrong, I have been struggling to pay bills and I am 2 weeks behind on everything and I figure that I may lose weight this coming week without even trying because I won't be able to AFFORD TO EAT LOL and "the more things change the more they remain the same". Boo hoo

Well, today is a new day and I am glad it is one day closer to Friday which is one day closer to Saturday--which has become my favorite day of the week!!

"Cottage...", Hope the kids aren't too sick, DH is getting over his bad cold, and I am so glad I got my flu shot this year because when I get sick, I "get sick".

Glad to hear from you, "tomand..." keep on running on that ticker, we're rooting for ya!

For the rest of you early birds, have a good day. I'm done "whining" so now I'll make my turkey bacon and oatmeal (I'm out of eggs) and start my day with a resolve to "get 'er done!" LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Awww, Pamatga, I'm so sorry you're going through such a stressful time. I think you could use an extra big hug, I hope it cheers your day. I'm keeping your mother in my prayers and hope things start looking up for all of you.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Pamatga, my heart is really with you right now. I know what it is to have a very ill parent so far away and wishing you could be there.

Nothing special going on here today. I just had a yummy "eggs Sardou" breakfast...will post the recipe later when I have time...gotta dash off to school now.

I started the fluidity bar workout this morning..the beginner is only 15 minutes and a I love it (so far). I don't like "jumping around" stuff and this was very relaxing and I can really feel it. (I see pain coming tomorrow morning!)

My Mom was out shopping with my sister and my cousin and aunt the other day while I was at work and saw a pair of fluer de lis flip flops she thought I would love, so we are going to go back to the store (if we can find it) this afternoon and get a pair for me and a pair to send to my daughter.

Cottage, hope your baby girl is better fast and hope everyone else has a great (or better!) day.

hugs,
Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

I am treating today like Friday, we are supposed to get ice and snow tonight with a total of about 6-9 inches. That amount of snow will shut things down here is southern Indiana! Yes I am lobbying for a snow day! So I am spending the day preparing for not being here tomorrow!

Cottage Hope Maggie gets over this quick!

Kara Two workouts in one day??? You Rock!

Dawn Hope you have a calm day!

pamatga to you during this difficult time, like cat I know how it is to be so far and away during a serious illness.

Cat glad you are enjoying your new "toy".

Have a great day girls and for all!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I can't believe it is already Thursday - where has the week gone?

Cottage wheres that darn scale of yours Hope Maggie gets to feeling better real soon

Kara my for a good scale reading

Dawn you'll get back on track.

Pam sorry to hear about your mom and all that you are going through Thoughts an prayers your way

Cat glad to hear you like your new workout - that helps with sticking with it. Shoes where I love shoes - Good luck on finding those shoes.

Me - The comedy show lastnight was great and boy did it feel good to go out again. Tonight we are going to the sushi house to celebrate my aunts birthday - I love sushi!

for all who need or for those who don't know they need it just yet
Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Morning Stephanie sorry I missed ya. Hope you are safe it that crazy weather - keep warm.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #11  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning all, nothing much going on. still haven't found a weight loss plan to follow. i'm really struggling on it. i wanted to do The Biggest Loser but they already started and once they start, no one can join. i'm not one for veggies either. what is SBD like? i've heard good things about it.

everyone----have a good day
Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #12  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Thanks ladies, I appreciate that

well, I have always said that if God didn't exist I would have "invented" Him(her?)

My DH and I pray a Rosary every night after supper and before we settle down to watch tv. It helps to know that even when we can't explain why things happen, we do know that there are those who care we are going through what we are going through.

Bless you all, ladies, and have a good day. I am so hoping February is a better month than this past one has been.

I'm hoping I can "drop off" another 8 lbs by the 29th ---one extra dieting day---WOO HOO!! I just so need to get out of this loop I am in. Back and forth the same 4 lbs. Grrrr....

All the best, have a good and remaining January day
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #13  
Faith in me

Good morning ladies!

Well I have to admit I too fell off the beach this weekend However, amazingly I managed to lose a lb I close at work tonight and DH has an interview today for another job. So I'm crossing my fingers for him, he really wants it. We both have tomorrow off so we'll be cleaning the apt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I'm going to go enjoy my breakfast...scrambled eggs with cheese and black beans
Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw, Pam, we're here if you ever need to vent. Hope your mom improves steadily. She'll be in our prayers!

Cat, I hope the flip flops are still there! How fun!

Stephanie, hope you get all of your preparations finished and that the weather co-operates with your plans! Did you get those last two accounts closed by the end of the month?

Gonna, enjoy your sushi tonight! You must be feeling better?

Jess, your breakfast sounds yummy! I had black beans on my salad tonight and they were so good! I've put pinto beans and chickpeas on salad before but never black beans, and it might just be my new favorite salad ingredient!

I'm off to bed. The eyelids are heavy and I'm wanting to get a good sleep before I head to the gym tomorrow morning. Have to make the most of my last six days at the gym! Enjoy your Thursdays!

Kara
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

TK good luck on finding what works for you

Pam I look at Feb 29 as an xtra day to make the # on th scales look better

Jess congrats on your 1lb loss. My for your dh as well

Yes Kara I feel great! I've been taking these new meds and so far they are working. Good night.
Closed Thread