Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default TOM is KILLING me!! warning: long rant!

ahhh!! tom decided yesterday that it was time for him to pay me a visit. i don't get along all that well with tom. he makes me want to eat, eat, eat. yesterday was no exception, today i'm doing better, but it's only 11:18 am. on top of tom, yesterday we had a carry-in for lunch. it didn't start out too bad. i made the ww 0 point vegetable soup to take so i knew i would have something to eat and i packed a pb sandwich to go with it. a co-worker made some yummy broccoli salad that only had onion, egg, and light mayo in it. not bad. another co-worker made 2 different ww's cakes, i had a 1/2 of a piece of each, still doing okay. then... i am addicted to my co-workers cheese ball. it is oh so yummy and oh so bad for me! and guess what. i ate probably 8 crackers (at least) with cheese ball on it. i thought i could just eat one and then the taste was in my mouth and i kept going back until the bowl was empty. i also had about 1/2 cup of chili with not a lot of cheese on it. i went home knowing that i had absolutely no points to eat, and still ate more!! dang tom! he killed me! i felt like i was starving all day and no matter what i ate, i was still hungry! although after lunch and the continued grazing to the end of the day, i felt rather sick. my stomach was not wanting to handle everything i had put in it. lesson learned.

today i have been doing better. although upon entering work i noticed that somebody (not sure who since a lot of the women are trying to do ww and eat healthy) had brought in a big basket full of cookies and candies and all that. so me and tom decided to have some chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered raisins! at least 9 points worth (calculated by finding nutritional value on the internet and estimating how much i ate). i need to get out of this office, and luckily i will in about 30 minutes. staying out of the kitchen until then!

anyhow, if anybody has read this far, what do you do when tom visits?? does anybody else get this feeling that you need to eat everything in sight? i am doing my best to keep away from temptation, but it's everywhere i look and right now will power is low!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

you can do this you have to get back on track right now. Make a deal withyourself that you will eat only good things for the rest of the day. Don't wait until tomorrow to start fresh!!! Maybe you could plan a little treat for yourself at the end of the day tomorrow if you aty on plan? Or maybe only allow yourself 1 of whatever is brought to the office.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #3  

i know i can do it. i've been doing it for almost 4 weeks now and i can't let this ruin my momentum! i just need to hear somebody else say "i understand and you will prevail". i love this site because i know that i can come here and everybody is doing the same thing i am, trying to lose weight and be healthier. i love the support and advice that everybody is so willing to give, even to a complete stragner. i WILL NOT let tom keep me done! i will come out at the end of his visit victorious!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sounds like you need to set up some strict rules for yourself. When TOM arrives and at work in general.

I know how hard it can be to crave something so badly that you think it may kill you if you don't have it. But you know what? It WON'T kill you if you don't have it. It won't even hurt you. Hang tough. The craving WILL pass and you will be waaay better off without that stuff. Make some rules. Absolutely NO eating at the office, except what you've prepared. And DO be prepared. Baby carrots, raw string beans, grape tomatoes for munching. Chew some gum, have a cup of hot tea or some water or even some diet soda if need be. Just don't give into that craving. It WILL pass. It WILL pass. It WILL pass.

Good luck. You CAN do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Don't have much to say, just wanted to send you some
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

We must of posted at the same time. I just want to say that, I understand (all too well) and you WILL prevail!!!! Because I DO understand and you most certainly CAN and WILL prevail.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-29-2008 at 11:54 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Some months the first day of TOM can be more difficult than other months. This month i too definately had the snacks. I just couldn't stop putting my hand inside that bag of animal cookies. I know i ate way over the alloted "one serving". But i tried not to let it make me crazy because my body was probably needing something. But today (I am on day 3 of TOM) , someone had brought Krispy Kremes and donut holes in. Thank heavens i was running late. I almost stuck my hand in that box, but i didn't. I figure if there was one left when i made it back to the kitchen, then i might would have one. But secretly, I knew there wouldn't be one left...so i really knew i wasn't going to get one. Everytime i go into that kitchen and see that box in the trash, i am saddened that i didn't get one. But then again, the sensible part of my brain knows, that if i really want one bad enough, i can always go to krispy kremes and get one. But, i don't think i really want one that bad. Sometimes, you just have to say no and walk away. There will always be more cake in the future but there will never be a skinny us in the future if we never learn to say no. You can do this. I can do this. We must do this if we want to achieve our ultimate goals.

Good luck to you and just know that TOM only comes to visit once a month...Thank heavens!!!! lol. Hang in there. You can do this!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Try upping your protein during the week preceding and the week of your period. That REALLY helped me this month. Usually, I'm a crazy grazer right before and during my period and I seriously haven't battled that monster AT ALL this month. Also, keep in mind that if you have one, even one, of those high sugar (raisins, candies, white flour, even whole wheat flour - Triscuits are my WORST enemy - cookies, sugar, etc.) foods, your body will crave more. Yes, it's bad to want it psychologically, but it's even worse if you indulge and then you're fighting your body's craving for the blood sugar rush AND your mind's craving. Get yourself some high protein food to level off your blood sugar and eat a big, filling salad to get that feeling of satiation in your belly. You are in control of what you put in your mouth and you CAN do it!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #9  

good news in the battle against TOM... it's day 3 and the cravings have subsided! i just had to make it through the first two days (obviously day 1 was not good, but day 2 i did much better, still had some chocolate, but a much better day overall). i had my official weigh in day this morning and i am up 1/2 pound, so i'm happy with that. weird, being happy with gaining, but considering the last two days combined with TOM's water weight and all that, only being up 1/2 pound, i can deal. i know that it will come back off shortly and i will continue on the losing path.

thank you all for your responses, knowing that i have the support of everybody here, even as a complete stranger, makes everyday easier to get through!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That's absolutely right! If you stick with your plan as close as you can, that half pound will just about evaporate!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote