Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #1  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Cheating has consequences!

So the fiance and I finally went out to our engagement dinner last night. We had a gift card to Outback Steakhouse, so we used that and decided we both had some calories to spare over the last week and he'd only eaten one small thing all day and I'd eaten nothing, so we decided to just have what we wanted... even including a bloomin' onion.

So, so, so good. So, so, so bad. I had as many calories in that one meal as I had in the previous two days combined. Now, it's not really THAT bad because it's all I ate yesterday (I know one meal is bad, but I woke up just before we went and just was NOT hungry all day after!) and I've been low all week.

However, what IS bad is that I'm so used to eating so well that the fried onion and garlic butter potatoes are REBELLING AGAINST ME! I can't stay out of the bathroom, I feel like crap, my energy is ZAPPED, my stomach is trying to escape from my body, and I have class in 2 hours and haven't even slept!

...last time I cheat. This is SO not worth it!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

isn't it funny that once you start eating healthy...how food you use to eat and loved, now your body revolts against the crap. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Go take some pepto or imodium and hopefully it will make you better for class. but now you know what damage those foods will do to you.

Btw....i'm an alumni of UF....went to school for 8 years there...go gators (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I think many people have had similar experiences with their reactions to foods they used to eat all the time, but now limit due to changes in diet.

In fact, I once ordered some broccoli on the side at a restaurant, not realizing that it comes smothered in butter. When it arrived, I was hungry and ate it anyways. Oh boy, just 30 minutes later it sat in my stomach like some giant lump, and I had quite the digestive issues all evening. Not to mention I just felt ... "BLECH".

Your body is changing, and cannot easily handle those foods in large quantities anymore. That is a good thing, but I certainly hope you feel much better soon.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yeah, I hear ya. Loud and clear!!!

It's a rare day when we "cheat" and say "Gosh, I'm sooo glad I did that. I feel marvelous about eating all that junk. It was the right decision." Very, very rare.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

You know, rockinrobin, you're so right about that! Lots of people say how glad they are they stayed on plan--but mostly cheating seems to be a bad idea in retrospect.

Twirlandswirl, I loved the taste of those onions before I started my weight loss plan--but even then they killed me later! After a couple of tries, I decided that they just weren't for me. I wouldn't be eating them now even if I saved calories because of that.

Nowadays, any time I stray too far from better choices, I risk heartburn. Greasy carbs are just the worst!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Oh yeah, I hear ya. Loud and clear!!!

It's a rare day when we "cheat" and say "Gosh, I'm sooo glad I did that. I feel marvelous about eating all that junk. It was the right decision." Very, very rare.

SO TRUE!!!

Kara

P.S. I think I'm going to print this out and hang it on my fridge!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #7  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twirlandswirl View Post

However, what IS bad is that I'm so used to eating so well that the fried onion and garlic butter potatoes are REBELLING AGAINST ME! I can't stay out of the bathroom, I feel like crap, my energy is ZAPPED, my stomach is trying to escape from my body, and I have class in 2 hours and haven't even slept!

...last time I cheat. This is SO not worth it!
:hugs: I learned my lesson many times during my weekly cheat dinner. I know lean towards the healthier side when cheating now.

We went to Swiss Chalet last night, and I had 1/4 chicken (white meat) with tossed salad and dressing on the side.

I didn't use butter on the bun, because I dip it into the chicken sauce... yum.

Although I did have a few of Christopher's fries because he wasn't too hungry...

Then we went home and ate a scoop of plain DQ icecream in a bowl.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Okay, that is awesome!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #9  

I hear ya. I went out to the cheesecake factory with my bf's family and it was REALLY good...but I had to drive 2 hours home afterward and I thought I was going to puke, and I didn't even eat all of my food. Could have been from the car ride too, but I felt super gross.
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I can remember the first month I started really dieting and I had no sweets at all, I was at a party where I did have some, about 15 minutes later it was screaming at me that it wanted OUT!! LOL Since then, I've been able to handle some sweets here and there, but I have cut back a lot
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes, yes, and more yes. Lesson learned, right?

You can get an amazingly tasty steakhouse meal that ISN'T that heavy. Next time you go out, you'll remember how gross you felt and order something a little closer to plan.

Those Bloomin Onions are SCARY oil-wise. I don't think I've ever tried one, but I don't know that I ever will!

Hope you're feeling better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Ugh, i completely understand. My bf and I used to go to the same place and since we started losing weight together we went back and both of us decided that it was too much. It's neat how your body starts to change like that. Wait until you are actually craving the healthy stuff over the junk. Right now I would kill for a grilled chicken salad. It's a great feeling . I also agree with the pepto, or mallox. Both of them work wonders.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

If I attempt to eat anything fried or deep fried I spend the rest of the day travelling back and forth from the toilet. I get the runs so badly! My body just cannot handle much oil and grease anymore...so even though all my work mates have hot fish and chips for lunch, or we go out for asian (especially chinese) oh! and don't even get me started on commercial pizza's lol.

I don't have to worry about temptation...I have no desire to spend the day visiting the loo!

Last edited by Lyria; 01-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

No, not worth it. After eating healthy since Jan 1, I had a very fatty full of cheese and sour cream chicken quesadilla last week and got incredibly sick from it. Just my body's way of telling me off for straying from my plan of healthy foods, I guess. I seriously thought I was going to miss my next class because I couldn't leave the stupid bathroom though, it was awful.

But yeah, seems like once your body gets used to good foods, it sort of rejects too much of the bad foods, no matter how much it used to tolerate.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you're feeling better

I agree with the physical reactions to food. I feel sick from too much sugar or fat, or even caffeine. Even too many meals with carbs in them during a week can result in me feeling heavy and gross...and that 'gross' was one of the reasons that I stopped eating meat. If I don't get my fruits and vegetables, I feel like something important is missing, and start to crave them pretty badly. I certainly don't remember the same thing being true before I started eating healthy and lost all the weight. I'm not complaining
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote