Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #1  
PUGMOM

S/C/G: 168/168/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Default On my own?????????

My center closed in Exton, Pa. and i just want to know if anyone out there is goin try doing the LA/PURE DIET without a COD or access to products. I mean I know the diet and when I run out of bars would you suggest I continue with the Luna bars or othe substituions or are there places to buy the actual bars or is LA/Pure going out all over?????????
TERZALPAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

We're all doin' it on our own now (well, those of us who no longer have a COD, that is)! Lots use the lunas or other variations, but if you feel you gotta stay with the lites, you can always find 'em on Ebay...

You can do it!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #3  
PUGMOM

S/C/G: 168/168/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Default Can You Still Lose Without Centers?

Ive been stopping & staring for so long with the center do ya think its really possible to go it alone???
TERZALPAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

If you're really serious about losing the weight, and you're mentally "in the right place", it is.

Obviously the accountability the center gave you wasn't enough of a reason to stay with it.. Can you work up some pros and cons.. When things are there in black and white, it sometimes puts the stark reality into focus for you.

If you question your willingness or ability to stay committed, it makes it that much harder to accomplish what you want.

There are a lot of people in the exact same situation you're in.. So we're all in this together.. You can do it!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default You are not alone!!!!!

You are surrounded by the best support group-EVER! You are not alone. Stay with us. We are winners by being losers!
Go it alone why bother? The LAWL plan is good but the real asset it ov=ffered was the people and this forum can do that for you. Stay, lose with us.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/300/150

Height: 5'6"

I am struggling on my own too...I just need the accountability. I am thinking of joining WW just for the weigh in but still following LAWL.

Or I may get a trainer at the gym and do the diet along with that...hoping that will motivate me.

I have never been good when I do it alone.

Diane
wahm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #7  

I have been doing Pure At Home online for the past 7 months. I have lost 22 pounds with 12 more to go (although, I haven't lost anymore since Christmas). I decided this time that I wasn't going to be as strict with the plan but I did buy the LA Lite bars. I wanted to do something that I could live with and not do something that would get me burned out in 4-6 months like before when I lost 40 pounds on LA. My philosophy has been, do the plan when you can and if you falter, get back at it immediately and make sure the good times way outweigh the falters! I have bought bars on ebay and have gotten some great deals. If you are afraid of being accountable, have someone you know weigh you on a regular basis. I did this with my husband and it worked until he stopped taking the time to make me weigh in.

Good luck!

Tracy
drtlc1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  
LAWL since 9/06

As my husband has said above, we are doing it on our own. He is being successful, where as I am failing and doing it more everyday. I have just lost perspective and hit a major road block. Work is stressing me out, causing me not to eat right. I need to get back on the horse. But we have been doing it for a while now on our own and this board along with my husband has been great support. You can do it! Just takes confidence, which will come and go. But as long as you keep trying and talk to us, like I should be doing, then we can surely help you. Good luck.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote