South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!

I'm fueling up for a busy day ahead. First Curves, then housecleaning and paying bills will take up the morning. This afternoon Maggie has a birthday party at MoonBounce before picking up Audrey. We'll be home just long enough for homework and a quick snack, then we're off to piano lessons. That should take us to 6 pm, and I'll be leaving to come back home by then. No time to be bored today!

How's your day looking?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage
Thanks for the coffee!

I'm in full pre-vacation wind up. We are on top of everything but I keep thinking there's a million things to do before we leave. We are actually joining the 21st century and getting cell phones. Every time we go on a trip we talk about it but always decide we don't want them. This time my best friend is having a family crisis and I just can't be out of touch that long. Given that my Dad has prostate cancer (under control right now) and has had a stroke and my daughter has a severe nut allergy, I'll feel better knowing family and friends can reach me if they need to. But no silly calls! I hate cell phones.

Still need to contact TSA about the TENS unit. I just want to make sure there won't be any trouble getting that through. Can't afford to lose that in transit (the insurance company hasn't even approved it yet!). We are more stressed about all the health/security issues than anything else. Once we are through the check and on the plane I'm sure we will relax. Okay going to stop worrying now!

Sorry for the babbling. Think I'll have another cuppa and look at pictures of NM

Have a good day chicks!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning Cottage & Cyndi. Even though you ladies have a busy day I hope you have a great day.

I ended up getting my haircut and the style I wanted the ladie so messed it up so it is real short yet very light on my head and that is what I really wanted. Today I will play the waiting game for my test results and this evening dh & I will go look for a new tv for our bedroom and then we will get a pedicure.

Whats going on with the rest of you chicks on this Monday morning?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Chirp, chirp, I'm an early bird today! It's only 7 and I'm showered, dressed, I've got a load of laundry in, and a batch of oatmeal bars baking. This is so unusual for me, wonder what's going on? I haven't even had coffee yet!
Today should be uneventful with both kids back to school. At least that's what I'm hoping for!
Hope you chicks have a good Monday planned.

Whew, cottage, you've got me exhausted just thinking about all that running. All I've got to do is run DD to dance class and a quick visit to the grocery store. My dinner is even all ready to go in the oven.
Cyndi, have a wonderful trip. You watch, you'll get so addicted to your phone, next year you'll be one of those ladies yakking in the grocery line!
Gonnabe, glad you like your hair. I want to get mine cut short once the weather starts to warm up.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-28-2008 at 08:21 AM. Reason: not awake yet
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Goooood Monday morning, all! I've been posting in the 2008 Phase 1 Starters thread, but I thought I'd join in the chatting, too

My day is somewhat up in the air right now. Jeff and I got home from a weekend at my sister's yesterday afternoon and went out to eat at Outback (steak medallions, veggies, and water for me!), then came home and just hung out till bedtime (well, I didn't just hang out--I planned some meals and prepped some food).

Well, at about 4 this morning, I rolled over to discover Jeff was in the bathroom--sick. I don't think it was the Outback because he'd been fine all evening prior. But my sister was sick early last week with a nasty intestinal bug, and then her friend that watches her baby caught it, and then that friend's father caught it, and then my parents got down there on Thursday night, and by Saturday morning, my father was bed-ridden in the hotel with it...it's a horrible bug going around, and I thought we'd gotten away safe, but it looks like Jeff has it now.

Of course, I'm sure we all know men are big babies when they're sick, so I left him in bed with the tv remote, the ceiling fan remote, a bottle of water, a can of diet ginger ale (sometimes the carbonation helps to settle my stomach a bit), a bottle of Pepto, the cordless phone so he can call out from work and call me if he needs anything, and his Nintendo DS (yes, he still plays video games). If I can, I'll sneak out of the office early and work from home in the afternoon so I can stop and pick up some Gatorade for him. He won't eat yogurt, but he'll drink yogurt smoothies, so I'll see if any of them have live cultures (maybe the Stoneyfield Farms brand little smoothies?). Other than that, he'll just have to ride it out. I'm just praying I don't get it, too!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi Jill, sorry I missed you simulposting. Poor Jeff! I'm not far from you and it's really going around here. DS has had it, and I'm holding my breath to see if it hits the rest of us. Hope you manage to avoid it!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Morning all!

Linda, your day sounds packed! Don't forget to breathe!!!

Cyndi, enjoy your vacation planning! What's a TENS unit? We just recently got cell phones. We hadn't had them for years because we were so far out in the middle of nowhere in California that there was no reception. We needed a way for Tom to reach me from work, though, in case something crazy happened - like the North Koreans invading Seoul or something - so we invested in a really expensive and quite modern () $40 phone. I think it's funny to watch everyone texting on their phones. I could never do that! I think I talk on mine maybe once a month!

Gonna, is your husband getting a pedicure, too? You said, "...we will get a pedicure." Impressive! Good thoughts for your test results!

Schmoo, oatmeal bars! I haven't made those in ages! I'll have to do a batch once we get back home.

to the chat, Jill! Hope Jeff feels better soon! Lots of hand washing and Lysol spraying for you!!!

We had a busy day. Lots of schoolwork and meetings today. Every little head is in bed now, though, and I'm about to watch an episode of CSI: NY before I hit the sack. I splurged on my eating yesterday and was so miserable by the end of the day that I won't do that again for some time! I really didn't eat too much "evil" food, I just ate a LOT and my poor belly was begging me to stop. I even had made a cheesecake for dessert and never had a piece because I was so full. Me? Not eat cheesecake? I was really good today, though, and I feel awesome!

NINE DAYS UNTIL THE BIG PLANE RIDE! Single digits, baby!

Kara
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies

Cottage Enjoy your very busy day.

Cyndi TSA shouldn't have a problem with it since it's medical equipment. Enjoy your trip.

Gonna I'll be thinking of you today

Schmoodle Have a great day and welcome to the early bird club

Jill I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. Hopefully he can keep the whining down to a minimum Keep yourself healthy.

Me It's still raining here. We got 1/2" an hour last night. I know we need the water but I miss the sun. I have to take my boss to Anaheim today to catch the train to San Diego but the good news is he'll be gone all week for a confrence

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-28-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #9  

Hey Kara - simulposting. You're almost stateside, how exciting.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Dancing carrots indeed! Have fun while the bossman is away!

Kara
Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Good morning ladies,

I get to get on early this morning. It is raining outside. Nice to have a couple of days like this. I skipped the walk this morning so will try to get it in tonight.

Cottage-girls keeping you on the move

CyndiM-hope things work out with TSA. Enjoy your new phone but watch it with the kids.(they think my phone is theirs!)

Gonnabe-Hope the haircut relaxs so you like it.

Schmoodle- WOW are you on the ball already!

Jilly- hope you don't get the bug. Nasty thing for your sister to share with all.

As for me not much going on here just the norm. Everything is Superbowl this and Superbowl that and the traffic is showing it. Only 1 week and the big game. Planning on being at home all next weekend, get enough of the excitment through the t.v.

hi to all that come in later

Have a great day and a safe one all.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Hi to Kara and Thin.

was posting the same time. Thin hope your rain is stopping soon. Are you in the flooded area or is it just in certain low laying areas? Our washes are flowing very quickly now. Still people trying to cross them

Kara hope you enjoy the episode of CSI and have a nice sleep.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #13  

Phx- Good luck with all things SuperBowl. I'm not in a flood zone but it's starting to look like I installed a pool in the back yard
Old 01-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cell phones! I dislike the darned things, but I had to get one for my job since I'm on the go so much with the girls. But as far as text-messaging, I don't even know how it works or want to! They are pretty much a necessity for some people though these days. We got my parents one last Christmas to use in case of an emergency, and it gives us peace-of-mind.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks..... snow day again today here, it is snowing and mixed with ice pellets. So the kids are home so I really need a beach chair and a cute cabana boy and a drink in a coconut shell. Please. Yesterday was great on the ski hill we had a fab day. Well I gotta to dash cause it is one of those crazy days here, with lots to do. I will try to pop in later if it gets quiet. Take care chicks.
Closed Thread