Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #1  
LAWL

Default Spaghetti Sauce

Any suggestions for spaghetti sauce? I already have a jar of Newman's Own organic. I do not see spaghetti sauce in the Free to Live booklet. Does this mean I must "make" it?
jewel659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I use 1/2c as a veggie. I buy the lowest calorie/fat I can find. Love it on almost everything.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  

I make a chicken parm thing where I take 1/3c frozen brown rice, 1/2c frozen spinach, 3-4oz chicken, 1/2c LF spaghetti sauce and 1tsp parm cheese. Warm in the microwave. 2V, 1P, 1S, 1 condiment. I put everything in a container and take to work. My co-workers say it smells divine. I just like how easy and yummy it is. The chicken can be traded for fish or shrimp.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

In the Free to Live Menu Guide (commonly called numbered plans), if you look under Quick Combos, page 26, there is meal choice -
Pasta with Light Tomato Sauce - it shows 1/2 cup light tomato sauce as 2 vegetables.
Also
Stuffed Shells with Sauce- 1/4 cup light tomato sauce is 1 vegetable.

Page 13 of the Guide under the Consume Infrequently - 1/4 cup tomato puree is 1 Vegetable.

Hope this helps.

Lynn
Stabilization (finished on Plan 2 with lites)
Used red and gold plans
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

However, I am not seeing a description for "light tomato sauce."
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #5  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Lynn: Would you tell me which plan your literature shows I should be on. I'm 5' 4" and now weight 154. I'd like to get down to 145 to give me a little maintenance room. I was on blue from June to Jan and have been trying gold since then. They had told me blue at the COD because I work long hours. Isn't actually shift work, but I average 10-12 hours a day of office type work. I'd be interested in what the color plans and numbered pounds say is best for me. Thanks! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #6  

Hi Cindy,

I, of course, do not work at a COD and I do not have access to the charts that they use. Just from my past experience, at your current height and weight with your longer work day, I agree that blue seems to be the best plan for you. If you don't believe that you are working long enough hours to warrant the blue plan, then you would be on gold. Are you losing weight, but not fast enough or why do you believe that you should switch plans?

In regard to your question about the numbered plans, the colored plans and the numbered plans are fundamentally different. They are designed by different dieticians and are each nutritionally sound, but in their own way. They are not comparable. I do not suggest that someone try the numbered plans unless you have the complete documentation. If you are not satisfied with the plan that you are on and you have the documentation for that plan, why would you want to switch to another plan that you don't have the documentation for? You would just be flying blind. I have to refer to the menu plan on a regular basis to make sure that I am following the plan correctly.

Lynn
Used red and gold plans

Last edited by Lynx; 01-27-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #7  
LAWL

Thanks all, this really helps.
jewel659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #8  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Lynn. I think I just wanted confirmation as I'm reading about what seems to a lot more exchanges for some people, but have also read your clarification about portions sizes, too. I've been really good on plan the last couple of weeks, which usually results in larger drops for me, but I also know I have several other variable going on at the same time. I had never taken the supplements, but am now taking a multi-vitamin, 2EFAs, 1 calcium, and 1 reduce plus a day. I didn't exercise, but have started trying at least 30 minutes a day and I use to eat the same things all the time, but am now trying a variety. Some days I miss the extra starch, but not always. Your thread on your weight loss journey was very helpful ... maybe now I'll be an ounce at a time!! Thanks for your response. Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #9  

Cindy,
The farther down the weightloss journey you go the slower the loss is. You have to be very patient and stick with it and be ever more vigilant. You have to pay close attention to the details of the plan that you are on. In my opinion, things you could do and get away with early on you cannot do since they work against you at this stage.The large drops in weight may be a thing of the past. I have not taken any of the supplements sold by LAWL. So I cannot speak to them. Exercise is very important.

Take care,
Lynn
Used red and gold plans
Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #10  

Lynn my book does not have a consume infrequently list or the quick combos section you mentioned. The counselor did hand write in my "menu plan kit" 1/2c LF spaghettis sauce = 1V But it makes sense that it would be 2 because of the density.
You are always so helpful, thanks Tuesday
Old 01-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday Cool View Post
Lynn my book does not have a consume infrequently list or the quick combos section you mentioned. The counselor did hand write in my "menu plan kit" 1/2c LF spaghettis sauce = 1V But it makes sense that it would be 2 because of the density.
You are always so helpful, thanks Tuesday
Tuesday,
Is your book the white one - LA Express Menu Plan Kit? The Express menu has the limited options and does not list the consume infrequently items.

Lynn
Used red and gold plans
Old 01-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #12  

Lynn, yep that is it. I should take a look at the infrequent list. T