Old 01-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Default Ugh, I feel ill....

Hi everyone...

It's 3:25 am, and I feel positively ill to my tummy. Luckily for me, many of you are around already since I am on west coast time.

Last night I had a wonderful workout, but looking back on the evening I made some poor decisions. I DID order a latte from a local bakery around 430pm yesterday while my kids were in piano class. I am positive I order a Decaf....but now I know for sure it wasn't. My heart is still racing and I have restless leg syndrome, and my twitchy legs haven't stopped all night.

The good news is I had a FABULOUS workout last night between 630-740pm last night, and I had so much energy!! Geezz...wonder why! (caffeine)....I am so sensitive to caffeine it's not funny. It's actually one of the reasons I don't binge on chocolate, but rather salty stuff and a bit of chocolate. I've kicked the coffee habit a long time ago and it's been so worth it. I am so mad at the bakery!!!

The good news is that I ate a nice cucumber,tomato and yellow pepper salad with Apple Cider vinegar and two scrambled eggs at about 8pm last night (my workout prevented me from eating dinner at a reasonable hour). I thought it would be a relatively nice light dinner.

Well, less than an hour later my stomach is doing back-flips and I take a tums which is so rare for me. Hubby pops them like candy and I need them like once a year --I have reportedly a "stomach of steel". Feeling yucky, I watch TBL Australia and then try to go to bed. Not a chance, I've been tossing and turning all night. Partly my tummy and partly the caffeine. Now I'm up, it's late and I've been to the bathroom at least 5 times (#2, sorry if TMI).....UGH!

Usually when I eat healthy I feel great. Tonight, something is just not right. If I do get some sleep tonight, surely it's not going to be enough to carry through the day tomorrow.

Sorry for venting. I just feel yucky-tummy and needed some place to go.

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Oh I'm so sorry you are not feeling well! It's just the worst ; ;

May you make a speedy recovery!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I came on here to say on the accountability thread how happy I was that you felt so good I hope you are better in the morning. I have a kid home with an upset tummy today and I am feeling a tad queasy myself...I'm hoping breakfast will cure it, not send me racing down the hallway like my daughter has been doing all morning I'm a complete baby when it comes to throwing up, it's the one form of sickness I can't deal with.

Hope we all feel better today. I think me and dd will nap while son is in preschool and see how we feel from there.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ginger, hope you are feeling better today.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb It is all acidic foods that have your tummy ill

From the sound of what you ate and what you drank I would say that is what caused your upset stomach. It sounded like a lot of acidic foods to be having so late at night. Maybe, next time something soothing would be a better choice. Many establishments sell herbal teas and some kind of carb at night will also help you sleep.

What I do for times when I have restless leg syndrome is drink about 4-8 oz of Gatorade. It is definitely possible that you lost a lot of fluids both from going to the bathroom and working out. That contributes to RLS. Keep Gatorade on hand for these times. It works like a charm!

Hope you are feeling better. We definitely are what we eat.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I think it might be whatever one of the boys had a few days ago....
Pooor you!

How are you feeling now? I suppose time will tell you what it is, eh?

Take care of yourself, and I'm sending you a great, big

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

It's 530pm now and I'm up after having slept all day. I'm very sick, after my post I did throw up , lots, and felt better enough to go to bed. I woke up at 9am sicker still and my skin from head to toe "hurts"....Not pain hurts, but super sensitive hurts...like putting on my bathrobe doesn't feel good - it's a weird feeling to describe. My lower back is really sore, but that could be from the great workout. It's amazing how you can go from feeling great, to really yucky in such a short period of time.

Hubby thinks I might not have washed my organic veggies enough and I might some kind of E.Coli bacteria in my system. Needless to say, he was an angel today and took care of the kids all day and tried to work too. I stayed in bed. I'm up now, I don't feel hungry but he is trying to make me eat crackers and he went out and got pedialite for me. So I am sipping on that.

Kids are sleeping at the grandparents tonight, so it's nice and quiet here. It's sad, because I would love to be feeling good so I can enjoy a nice evening with hubby. Oh well.

I'll post later/tomorrow and update you all.

Hope everyone is feeling good and staying on plan

Ginger
Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Awww

It's awful to be so, so sick! You don't think it's the same bug one of the triplets had the other day?

If you actually suspect that it's e-coli...you need to go to the hospital, Love!
That's not something to just stick out!

Sending and
Linda

Last edited by famograham; 01-25-2008 at 09:24 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  

I'm back!! And feeling better...not 100%, but much better. I fed the cats this morning and went to the basement and climbed the stairs back up and I was so out-of-breath! Strange, I can jog/walk on my treadmill for ages, but put me in bed for 1 whole day and my body is back to weak and panting. Oh well!

I think it was the bug one of the kids had a while ago, I'm not sure it was the veggies/e.coli. But it was awful. I hate being sick, as I'm sure we all do.

So I'm back today - no exercise for me today, but food wise I am going back on plan.

Cheers, Ginger
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ginger, I'm so glad you're feeling better.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote