Old 01-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #1  
Face down in Cabo!

S/C/G: WOE - Atkins

Height: 5'10

Default Eating cherry cheese cake at 8pm unless . . .

I'm starting to break. After being on plan for 2 weeks, 5 - 10 carbs a day, I have not lost anything. In fact, I gained 1 pound. Last time I did this diet, it was an easy 4 - 5 pounds down each week. This time? Despite dedication and constant attention to what I am doing, I gain 1 pound??? What gives??? If this isn't going to work, why am I working so hard and putting so much into it emotionally? I just want to cry over this. I am moody and depressed and I wonder why I am even trying? I want a peice of cheese cake so bad. I am at work and I just served 2 (Yes. 2 peices of cherry cheesecake to a girl who is so small, she makes me feel huge and ugly and discusting. Why do I (we!!!) put so much into this and people like her can stuff down 2 peices of cake without gaining an ounce? Her dessert was on top of a fried app and a burrito dinner. I promised myself that I wouln't eat it until 8pm. Hoping I can talk myself out of it, you could talk me out of it, I might slip and knock myself out before then? Either that or I will just continue to get pissed at my body and that girls body and just pig out because after all, what the **** difference does it make if this isn't working?

HELP!!!
CT Cabo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

2 weeks is a very short period of time to measure weight loss.

Do you know how many calories you are consuming?

Are you eating plenty of vegetables? (5-10 carbs seems very little even for low carbing)

Is this truly a diet plan you think you can stick to for life? If not, you may want to rethink your diet plan.

Edited to add - Eating the cheesecake won't solve your problems so I don't recommend that Eat something sensible instead if you must.

Last edited by nelie; 01-23-2008 at 07:03 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #3  
HeatherDawn

S/C/G: 183/171/160

Height: 5'4

Don't eat the cheesecake! Back away, back away! lol...so not worth it. Are ya PMS'n?
Heather1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

You haven't given yourself much of a chance to lose weight and eating cheesecake will only make you feel worse. Don't do it. If this plan isn't working for you try something else not every plan works for everyone but eating cheesecake isn't the answer. Do something cathartic instead like exercise or arts and crafts!
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

ps throw the darn cheesecake in the trash!! that will stop you and don't dwell on her that behavior will catch up with her in time and it isn't healthy no matter what size she is.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Don't eat the cheesecake, but 5-10 carbs sounds really really low. Maybe have a super healthy dinner - grilled salmon, roasted sweet potato and steamed broccoli. Giving your body a full plate of 100% healthy foods should tamp down the cravings.

I have never done low carb myself, but I have heard some people complain about headaches and low energy when eating that few carbs. From what I know, the induction is supposed to be short term and then more healthy carbs are gradually added back to the diet. You might be ready to move to the next stage!!

Best of luck!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #7  
Face down in Cabo!

S/C/G: WOE - Atkins

Height: 5'10

So it's 8:30 and I didn't eat the cheesecake. I had a diet soda instead. But I still hate the girl who ate and ate and was still so thin, a breeze could have blown her off the chair.

Thanks for helping girls. I will look in finding out if eating to few carbs can slow down weight loss. Last time I did Atkins, I lost 3 - 5 pounds a week, no problem.

Love you all
CT Cabo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on making a better choice! Success is all about stringing together enough of those good choices to help the scale go down.

Regarding the skinny cheesecake girl, you gotta let it go, especially if you're a waitress and will run into a lot of skinny cheesecake girls. You don't know anything about her. Maybe she only eats once a week. Maybe she's a purger. Maybe she exercises twelve hours a day. Maybe she is really able to eat that much regularly without serious consequence to her weight, but her father is a serial killer. It only messes with your mind to worry about what other people can and cannot eat. If it makes you feel any better, I can't eat cheesecake without gaining six or seven pounds a bite - or so it seems.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on not eating something out of anger and frustration! I SO understand what you're going through. I'm counting calories (1500 a day) and am doing cardio and/or weights every day and of course want to BE 5 pounds lighter right away 'cause when you're so hungry you've GOT to be lighter, right?

We've got to realize it will take time.

It's extra-hard when you're in foodservice, isn't it?! I work in a deli/bakery, and man, it's the supreme test of self-control to not just dive into stuff when it's all around you.

Keep to your program! it'll be worth it!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I totally know how you feel. It has taken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that it might not be fair but it is what it is. For whatever reason I always have to carefully watch what I eat. Forever. Occasionally I will stomp up and down and rant about it, but it is what it is.

I agree that if it isn't a plan you feel like you can live with for a long time you might need to rethink your plan.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #11  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Um, not being harsh here, but...the LAST time you did Atkins? What happened? Why did you stop eating that way? Was it unreasonable or unrealistic to try to eat that way long term? If you're two weeks in and already struggling like this in what should be a time period where you're gung-ho and motivated, yuo might want to reconsider your approach. Try to find something you can live with long term.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #12  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking

I know exactly how you feel. At work I am a few feet away from a girl that is a size 2 max! She has an amazing body! She goes out to eat everyday and to make it worse, she brings it back to the office to eat. So not only do I have to see what she eats without gaining a pound, I have to smell the food that I can not eat! We have talked about exercise, etc and she doesn't work out at all! I guess she was just blessed with a great metabolism. So, while I eat my cottage cheese and fruit, she eats carne asada nachos. While I work my a** off exercising, she kicks back. Oh well, I guess you appreciate it more when you give your blood, sweat and tears to earn something! We'll get there, eventually and when we do, it will feel even better b/c of how hard we worked to get there!!!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 01-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

5-10 carbs sounds really really low....and 3-5lbs a week is stressful on your body....
I think on induction dr. atkins suggests 20 carbs a day and to increase 5 a week after induction until you find a level that works for you during the losing stages... i did atkins for a LONG time but it wasn't a sustainable woe for me in the long term, though my eating habits now are very atkins-like. too few carbs and your body may not be getting the nutrients/fiber/etc that you need because your diet can't possibly be that varied... which would explain the tiredness, the crankiness, and general feelings of unease. after the first few days on atkins, i had never felt better in my life..more energy, more alert, more focused in general.
I have a copy of DANDR you can have if you haven't read the book - it explains the diet much more thouroughly than the online resources which really only seem to exist to sell LC frankenfood that probably hurts your diet more than helps.

Also - once you're through with induction if you're comfortable eating foods that contain artificial sweeteners like splenda you CAN have cheesecake - there are tons of recipies out there for LC cheesecake, and often the only ingredient substitutes are splenda for the sugar, and ground almonds or other nuts for a crust..
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote