Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #1  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Question Question About Water

How much water is too much water? Just wondering if it hurts to go over their recommendation on a consistent basis. I have been getting in about 10 glasses per day, sometimes more. Is that too much?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #2  
Big Red One

S/C/G: 445/295/293

Height: 6'3"

Default Water answer...

With my diet plan, they tell me to get ten 8oz glasses a day. So 80oz of water. They have told me not to go over 100oz cause the body cannot get rid of it that fast and you will end up with water weight. Now, I don't always stop just cause I have reached a certain ounces. But I also make sure that I am going to the bathroom more often too. That will prevent some of the excess water gain.
They also tell me that if I have excess water gain, to squeeze the juice of one lemon into my water and that will act as a diuretic. So if I am not going as often as I should, I just put a little lemon in my water and that seems to help flush out my system faster.
I'm no expert on these things, but this is what has worked for me.
I hope it helps.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

On my diet plan they recommend at least 5 glasses a day, 8 if possible.

Last edited by crbowles; 01-22-2008 at 03:13 PM.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #4  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Alot of it depends on your activity level. The average person should be drinking 8 8oz glasses a day to maintain what your body (which is primarily composed of water) needs to properly maintain. If you are doing exercise and very active, that number is going to be too low for you and you would need to drink more. I drink about 4 24oz bottles of water a day and have been for about 5 months now and it has done nothing but help me.

Here is what I found on-line:

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #5  
Katy66

Thanks guys, that helps
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #6  
Big Red One

S/C/G: 445/295/293

Height: 6'3"

Default Anytime...

Glad to be of service
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5'3"

Too much water can, however, throw off your electrolytes, so if you notice muscle cramping you may be over doing it a bit.
July19wed is offline   Reply With Quote