Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 08:12 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#146

This is a great group of Christians who will offer lots of support and prayers. Everyone is Welcome!
Old 05-06-2002, 08:16 AM   #2  

Blessing this morning,
It has been a long weekend. My F-I-L passed away Sat. Thank all of you for all your prayers durning this tough time. I know he is out of pain and with God. Pray that I don't eat a lot of BAD stuff durning this tough time. (I am a stress eater)

Have a Blessed day!
Sami
Old 05-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Sami. I know that even though he is in a better place and is no longer suffering you as a family are still suffering a loss. My prayers go out for you and your family.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:56 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Unhappy

SAMI- I AM SO SORRY, YOUR FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS. Gary
Old 05-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  
Growing in Christ

Good Monday morning all.

Sami- I too send you my prayers

On that same note... my mom is still having a very hard time following her brother's suicide, and I'd appreciate your prayers for her.

NOW, on a positive note... The church play is now over, and through the first 7 performances, we had 140 people indicate salvation!!! I don't know how many from last night final. I do know that the lives of many of us involved were changed too though

Also, through all that, I did manage to lose about 1 2/3 lbs!!! I'll take that! That puts me at 151... and I'm excited about getting below 150 for the first time in I can't even remember how long!!!

I'll be checking in to see how everyone else is doing.

REMEMBER, WE'RE PRAYING FOR YOU SAMI!

Patricia
173/151/138/105ish
Old 05-06-2002, 12:42 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good morning dear friends,
Sami- my heartlfelt prayers to you and your family at this time. Please lean on us here for as much comfort and support as you need.

Patricia- I will continue my prayers for your family. Wonderful news about the program being such a success.

Ginny
Old 05-06-2002, 07:39 PM   #7  

Angry Hi!

I am so sorry to hear about your fil sami, you and your family are in my prayers. It is so tough losing someone we love, but just knowing they were saved and are now with the Lord helps so much. It is so hard when your fairly certain the person wasn't saved. Patricia- AWESOME JOB ON THE 1 AND 2/3 POUNDS. THAT IS GREAT, PRAISE GOD SO MANY PEOPLE INDICATED THEY CAME TO KNOW CHRIST AT YOUR CHURCH SHOW. I will keep you and your family in prayer for your loss as well. I had a great time at the mother / daughter banquet great italian food. I joined curves today, so hope that helps as well. Praying for you all! take care God Bless!
Old 05-07-2002, 07:38 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning all,
A quiet thread........I hope that everyone is ok. I will continue prayers for Patricia and Sami.
Sue- Good for you on joining Curves. I know of two ladies here who are members and like it.
Off for another busy day. Today is the last day of training for me on my "new job"- tomorrow is road test day. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Please pray for Dh. We went for blood tests (routine) a few weeks ago and some of his results came back slightly out of range. I made an appointment for him to see the Dr-but pray that there is nothing serious here and that he will go to an listen to the Dr. ( he is rather stubborn at times).
Thanks so much.
Ginny
Old 05-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #9  

Blessing this morning,
It is raining here and gloomy. Things are going well it was a tough day yesterday with the viewing. Thank all of you for your prayers and support. I showed my DH all the well wishes you posted and it really touched him how much you all cared.

Ginny-Will keep DH in prayers. I know what you mean by stubborn mine is to!

doitforme-I have never heard of curves what is it?

Patricia-I know it is so hard to go on after losing someone but after a suicide there is sooooo much guilt! Why didn't I see this coming ect..... Hindsight is 50/50. It really helped me to go to a support group. Look in the phone book and see if there is a support group close (it was free) I went for a year after my brother and it helped me get through it and go on. My prayers a with you and your family.

Again thanks so much for your prayers they are helping us through this.
Sami
Old 05-07-2002, 10:43 AM   #10  

Angry Hi there-

Sami- Curves is a female exercise place, that is all over the U.S. The machines are all in a circle, so you can talk as you exercise, there is a walking block between each machine- you get going on the circle at any point you go three times around, and your done. There is music playing that tells you when to change to the next part, and it goes quickly so you don't get bored, today was my 1st day, it is great.m You can check out locations on line. If your interested. I continue to keep you all in my prayers as well. Gotta run, just bopped in to check how everyone was doing.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:24 PM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello all! Just a quick note between classes. It's a busy day here. The weather is finally starting to warm up and I can soon start to think about getting the bedding plants out and the seeds in the garden. It'll be so nice to get outside more and enjoy the sunshine.

I've been busy lately getting ready for a bake sale on Friday. I have also been faithful with my water and the weights in the morning. Hopefully I'll start seeing results soon.

Have a great day everyone. talk to you again soon!

Last edited by wilma12; 05-08-2002 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:54 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hi Ladies-- I hope all is as well as it can be with some of the troubles you are having in your families--Thank the good Lord that there are people like you that can be there to share the Lord's comfort--we KNOW that He is there for us, even if we don't feel it in time that are difficult.
SAMI and PATRICIA and your families I hope through all the pain the comfort of Jesus is upon you. GINNY- drag that dh down for further tests if you need too!!! SUE- we have a Curves about a mile from my house, my ex-wife has done the program and really liked it, good luck with it. WILMA- what are you baking for? low fat?
Had a slow day at work- even came home between jobs- I worked late last night and caught my wife unprepared ( she was out running a 3 miler) it was my night to cook- if I run late and she knows it she usually whips up something-- well not last night and we had a meeting at church so we ate at McDonalds--ouch! I can really put away the quarter pounders and fries!!! She NEVER and I mean NEVER lets me eat fast food!
Tonight I am making an all veggie dish called barley morocco- never made it before but it looks good-- besides I have a bunch of pearl barley I need to use up, and some squishy zucchini I think my wife forgot about!
Well, I better get the pot boiling-- In HIS BLOOD- Gary
Old 05-09-2002, 10:22 AM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's a lovely day today. Clear, sunny and no wind!! I wish I could be outside instead of at work but the bills won't get paid that way, right?

Gary: I'm baking for a field trip fundraiser that my youngest DS is going on next week. He attends a Christian School and the extra fundraising is necessary. I baked buns and angel food cakes. I guess that could be considered low fat. I think I'll bake some whole grain muffins tonight to send along too.

MacDonalds every once in a while isn't bad. I get sick when I eat there because my system can't handle the greasy food. My kids love it though!

My prayers are with all of you who have lost loved ones. It's so hard to go through that no matter what the circumstances. Let God support you during this time.

ECMOM: Has your DH heard back about his blood test results yet? I pray it's nothing serious.

Have a great day!!
Closed Thread