Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking January 21-27 Friends and Losers Thread

Good Morning Guys! I expected 3-4 pages to read by now! I guess many are off because of the holiday.

Well, I had a shaky weekend but am back POP today!

Have a great POP week!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Amy and any other lurkers who are out there. Unfortunately working in healthcare we don't get very many holidays so I'm here and going strong. I had a pretty good weekend for a change with staying on plan ... I did partake of some liquid fruit but also got all my water in which is unusual for me over the weekend. Getting the H2O in today will be hard it is about 12 degrees here.

I tried one of Deb's recipes (beef tips in the slow cooker) yesterday and they were yummy!!!!

Condolances to all you Packer fans out there. It was a great game though! I'm sure hoping the Giants can take New England....I'm just about tired of watching them win the SuperBowl.

Well better get some work done....have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #3  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning All
What holiday?? Are you getting a long weekend south of here?
Hope you all had a good weekend. I am in mourning after the Packers game so will be pouting all day at work! But did go out to watch the game and was planning to enjoy my Sunday but stuck with only 1 coors lite and a spinach salad no bacon. The gym and being POP this week gave me a nice 4 lb loss on the scale and I plan to keep moving that ticker this week. Really enjoying the gym and hope to see some things tightening up soon. Now if I can just handle the mental anguish when the scale starts to move up or stick when I start builing muscles.. dang sclae!!
Remember in the words of Nicole.. HEY NOW YOU"RE A POP STAR....
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone.

Well the scale wasnt too nice today even tho i didnt gain i only lost .2lb and thats with being POP all week. I did have pizza on saturday and i didnt get enough water in during the weekend so i guess i'm holding on to some water weight. I hope next monday weigh in makes up for this, i'm going to be so diappointed if it doesnt. Its so hard to drink water when its cold. I gotta push myself today so i can get back to losing. DH has lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, i'm so proud of him. For a person who has never been on a diet, he's doing pretty well.

Kristen - Its Martin Luther King day here in the US.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  
Amy

I have to say I am DEFINITELY not a GIants fan as I am an Eagles fan, but I did find myself cheering htem on yesterday. They lost to GB a few weeks ago by a fieldgoal, so I am thinking they can take them!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Good morning Amy! We don't have a holiday here today, so it's a regular old Monday.

I just remembered though, that this week and next are Winterlicious here in Toronto. Every winter for 2 weeks the local restaurants (the really nice ones) have a fixed price menu to attract more/new business. Basically we can eat for $35 per person at the finest restaurants in town. So, this morning I'm busy setting up lunch and dinner dates for the next two weeks. Of course, I'll have to find a way to plan my other meals around them, but I think that's managable if I do it in advance.

Morning Katy -- I need to pull out the recipe book and find some stuff to make too. I tend to go with a lot of quick and easy stuff, and I get bored of it. I actually printed that mammoth cookbook, so I'll page thru while on my conference call this morning.

Kristen -- Sorry about the packers, but I'm thrilled to hear about your 4lb loss! I was down 5, but I'm retaining a bit of water now, so only showing 3. hmph. I'm going to go suck on a lemon...

Debbie -- Nasty scale! You are probably retaining some water or something too...try some lemons in your water today, maybe it will help.

Don't forget to weigh in for TBL if you are in the challenge, today is the deadline.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #7  
Katy66

I'm not a big Giants fan either. I would have preferred that GB win last night but it was a fun game to watch. As far as the Superbowl, I always seem to cheer for the underdog It was nice to see Eli showing his big brother up for a change.

So far so good at being on plan and I've even got 2 waters in as cold as it is
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #8  
Katy66

Angie - I'm like you, I tend to go for the quickest and easiest The beef tips were certainly easy....just threw it all in the slow cooker. I've not printed the whole recipe book yet, just haven't had the time that I can tie up the printer. I just found a few things and do a copy paste, then printed.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. it's snowing and really icky out today. i had an eye appt early this morning and the roads were pretty bad. saw one major accident.
still holding out at 199. haven't really moved down yet.
i have the day off and then work the rest of the week @ 5am.
hope everyone had a nice weekend. gonna go and workout and do a bit of cleaning.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #10  
Katy66

Hey Jillian, good to hear from you! Isn't the weather just bad everywhere? Cold and/or snowy.... I'm so ready for spring!

Had a minute to catch up on some posts from last week and see that I missed LYNN's big news. Congratulations on reaching your goal! That is awesome and very inspiring!

Well better run again. I'll check back in later.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Angie congrats on the loss, dont you just hate the water weight? I dont want to do lemon water because i'm breatfeeding and i dont want to get rid of too much when my body may need it so i'm trying to let everything including water come off on its own. Just a waiting game for me. I'm crossing my fingers that next week i'm down more. Winterlicious sounds fun and yummy. Hope you have a good time.

Last edited by Debbie24; 01-21-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #12  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Howdy - I'm back from visiting dear MIL in Memphis. She's still in the hospital, so it was hospital food and misc eating all weekend. My home scale says I stayed the same, but I feel big. Exercise is on order for sure this week. I so want to be a POP Star!

Congrats Kristen on your great loss and gym schedule. I do feel badly about your Packers, but there is always next year!

Jillian - another new picture. I like how you switch it up.

Where's Lynn....I hear she made goal!!!

Debbie, Katy, Angie, Jersey - have a great rest of the day.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning........I think........everyone

Kristin........was that game a heart breaker or WHAT????? I just wanted to cry. Fanny Mae and her darn mint melt-a-ways accompanied me to the game...........so I didn't show any loss this week......but thanks for reminding me that we are all POPstars!!! I will be good......I will be good

Katy...........WTG staying OP all weekend. It only gets easier if you make it through the weekend

Ok, I have to run.........but congrats to everyone who had a loss, and stay strong everyone........WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

posting at the same time as you, Joni..............
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #15  
Katy66

Hey Joni! I know your trip to Memphis was not for fun but gosh hearing you were there made me think of one great long weekend I spent there. Much younger then and Beale St was one huge party Have to say I was not impressed by Rendevous Ribs like everyone said I would be. There were some other great rib places but that one just didn't do it for me.

I'm glad you are able to spend some time with you MIL. I'm sure it means a lot to her having you there.