Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default How do you feel on Monday mornings?

Ready to take on the week and control food intake or discouraged that you have to watch what you eat another week?

I find the longer I stay on plan the more I look forward to my week. It's amazing the difference 10 or 15 pounds make on my ability to get around and feel lighter.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #2  
vek

S/C/G: 203/ticker/180

Height: 5ft2"

I feel ready to start a new week of miracles. I feel like a piece of raw stone that is getting shape pound by pound. I feel like I am sculpting my body. It takes effort and a looooot of patience, but it is normal. Even Michelangello took his time to finish his chef d'oeuvres...
vek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #3  

More nervous about stepping on the scales, I don’t sleep well on Sunday nights! Lol
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

On the one hand it's great...it's another week where I can eat right, work out and *hopefully* be rewarded on the sunday with a weight loss

On the other hand it just seems potentially to be such a long time with hard work needed when working out and determination late in the evenings when i want to eat unecessarily. I think partly though that's the 'eugh back at work' monday morning feeling too

Wouldn't have it any other way though!
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I feel excited on monday mornings because I get to weigh in, and my calories start all over, which means I can have a higher calorie treat if I want it. Toward the end of the week I'm tighter on calories because my extras are either gone or about gone, so I have to tigheten, up but on Mondays I feel like it's a clean slate, and I start focusing on my new goal for the next Monday. I am just full of hope on Mondays! Now, don't ask me about Wednesdays, that is usually my lowest day for motivation.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

most times i'm excited about the week, i have a rough idea of what's going to be for lunch/suppers for the week,i have the shopping in my head etc., but it's not all rainbows LOL, sometimes I'm downright grumpy thinking "when is this going to be OVER? or riiiiiiiiiiiiiighttt....NEVER" hahahaha and then I get a grip and realize it will be ok
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #7  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I generally feel pretty good on Mondays. Weekends make it hard for me to make good decisions, and I enjoy the structure of the work week (keeps me from overeating!). And, even though my WW week starts on Friday, I feel like I get a fresh start on Mondays.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I love mondays. They used to bother me because there was another week of this stretching out in front of me, but I finally realized that this is going to be it forever. There's never going to be a monday where I don't have to worry about food choices and exercise, so now I don't let it get to me.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

The last few Mondays I've felt like "is this working? can I do it?" Hubby swears he can tell but he may just be acting nice. It's only been 3 weeks.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #10  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I'm with aerotigergirl -- I like the structure of the work week. My WI's are Saturdays so Mondays are always fresh starts for me.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I look forward to the week. I too like my structured weekdays. I'm working harder on structuring my weekends and this last weekend was pretty good. I'm actually enjoying getting up early to exercise. This morning took me a bit longer to get out of bed but only because I knew it was windy and cold outside and I would have to go out there to "wog" (what I call walk-jog for the c25k training).
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #12  

I like mondays because my husband goes back to work -- not that I don't miss him but he's such a big snacker on weekends and it takes every ounce of my being not to join in. The kids go back to school, schedules get crazy but then I'm busy and don't have as much time to sneak!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #13  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I love the weekends....

I hate Mondays because it is the first day of my work week. Yuck!

I don't have problems with my food plan on the weekends because it is so structured on its own that what I eat on Monday I will eat on Tuesday and Wednesday and so on.

I used to allow myself room to roam on the weekends but it bogs down my weight lose goals and then I start to get discouraged. I feel that the best motivator is the scales going down, my clothes getting looser and knowing that I am making the right decision to follow my plan rather than not.

I agree---this is for life so one day is no different from the rest.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

When I've been on-plan, I love Monday's. Monday morning is my "official" weekly weigh-in and I get to change my ticker. Also, it sometimes feels like i have a brand new start-over....kinda like New's Years all over again.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Lately I have been pretty unmotivated and that's showing up in the scales. Life has been depressing for the past few months, but things are turning up and I'm actually smiling again. I have a new routine coming up and I need to figure out what is going to work as far as exercising goes ... I don't have a huge problem with food as long as I can afford groceries But like I said, life is getting better. I'm coming out of the valley!

Last edited by rakel; 01-21-2008 at 09:22 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote