Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Required Reading for Low Carb'ers

One of the wonderful ladies here, whom I cannot thank enough, suggested a book called Living the Low Carb Life by Jonny Bowden. I got the book from the library this week. I love it!

Not only does the book explain how low carb works but why low carb works for some and why others don't need it. While there are people out there who can cut their calories and exercise and lose weight, I am not one of them. And although I personally don't think you should have to explain your way of living, this book will help you understand and ultimately explain this way of life, why it is not dangerous and is actually more natural than vegetarianism.

I really think this book should be required reading for anyone living or considering starting a low carb life. It is especially useful to someone who has not decided on a specific plan because he rates 14 low carb plans.

I plan on buying this book for myself.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip. This book is on my list on things to get, now!
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I love this book!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Awesome! I'll keep my eyes peeled!

On a similar note, I wholeheartedly recommend Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories, which is a comprehensive look at the past couple of centuries' work in nutrition research, detailing the painfully scanty evidence upon which the government decided to back the 'low fat' approach, complete with Food Pyramids and all that jazz. It's fascinating. It's the reason I'm low carbing it right now, in fact. It's not light reading, by any means, but it really is fabulous if you want a solid understanding of how low carb and high protein/fat impacts upon your body - written by a hard scientist with no vested interest in selling one scheme or another.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote