Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default I threw it out!!

For whatever reason I wanted pizza tonight. I knew I had one in the freezer and have had it in there for a while. I got home hungry and said It's pizza tonight. I cooked it, cut it, grabbed 2 slices and sat down to surf the internet, I read some posts on here, and looked down at my plate and thought what the **** am i doing??? I have been doing so well, and I am sabotoging it. WHY!!??!! I got up, and threw the entire pizza in the trash.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #2  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

HOORAY!!! It takes a lot to do that (trust me, I know!!). Congrats on beating the beast inside that says pizza is a good idea, and making a healthier choice!!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine in NJ View Post
HOORAY!!! It takes a lot to do that (trust me, I know!!). Congrats on beating the beast inside that says pizza is a good idea, and making a healthier choice!!
thank you, but unfourtantaly, there are already 2 slices in me. why do we do this to ourselves?? I don't get it. we know we should eat healthier, we have the healthier stuff in our houses, but we still have this stuff that in our houses that got us to our current stages to begin with...its just so frustrating.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #4  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

2 Slices in you is a lot better than 8!!! I used to sit and eat a whole pizza without a thought. It's still hard to turn down that 3rd slice when my boyfriend say "It's ok, you can eat it." Even a small victory is still a victory. Heck, I've been doing this for 2 and 1/2 yrs now, and there is still a coconut custard pie in my freezer waiting to be baked and enjoyed. I just can't throw it out!!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Two slices is nothing to sweat about...that's what? 600 or so calories?
Just count it in and don't even worry about it! You did an amazing thing!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

2 slices of pizza - cheese: protein, calcium, tomato sauce: lycopenes and all kinds of good nutrients, some fiber, other veggies? other protein? I think you could have done a lot worse for yourself.

You see glass half empty. I see it brimming over with success! WAY TO GO!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Good job throwing it out. You were hungry, that's why you ate it. I've done it myself dozens of time and I usually don't dump it like you did.

I'm sure some won't agree with me, but I'm trying not to let myself get hungry until I've lost 50 pounds and have fear of regaining to help me avoid food.

An EAS advantage low carb protein shake goes with me everywhere now in case I'm hungry and it's meal time or near meal time or because I just have to eat. It's only 100 calories so it doesn't mess up my numbers and it always fills me up and gives me the time I need to make something healthy. Really, by doing this for the past month I'm overcoming my cravings because I no longer give in by eating what is dancing through my head.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #8  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I eat pizza - but there are 2 ways I do it:

1) Kashi makes frozen pizzas that are really flavorful, have lots of cheese, and are high in fiber, lower in fat & cals. I can eat 1/2 of one and be well within my meal calorie/fat range.

2) I take 2 Toyfayan Whole Wheat Pita Pitettes(the smaller ones), 1/4 cup reduced fat colby jack cheeese shredded, 1/4 cup (if that) Healthy Choice spaghetti sauce - nuke it for 45 seconds and I have a 250 calorie 5 fat gram 2 mini pizzas with 5 grams of fiber.

I love both my options and I never ever feel guilty for having them!

Hope this helps!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #9  

Hi,

Very good job! You should be proud of yourself. Two slices is fine!

I'll sometimes take a large Sahara wheat pita bread and use it as a pizza crust. I cover it with tomato sauce, oregano, basil, low fat mozarella and chopped red peppers, onion, etc-whatever veggies. It actually satisfies my pizza craving. I eat it with a salad and it's a very filling lunch.

Amanda-I'll have to check for the Kashi frozen pizza. I didn't know they made it. I actually never buy frozen pizza...I'll check their website to see which kinds they have. I love pizza covered with veggies. Luckily I don't eat or crave any meat on pizza.

HTH-
Sherry

Last edited by suzie76; 01-19-2008 at 07:33 AM.
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Get the bad stuff out of the house! That's what I had to do. Good for you for throwing out the rest of the pizza! In my case, if I foolishly thought I could have a bag of Doritos in the house (as an example), those Doritos would sing to me all day and all evening... You know the song...

So, the bad stuff has got to go until the time comes when we get over wanting to eat it all. For some foods that day may never come!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #11  

What's wrong with eating a couple of slices of pizza for dinner? Are you on some type of program where you're never allowed to eat pizza or something? I'm glad you didn't overeat though, but I pretty much agree with Countingdown. It's all how you look at things. It sounds to me like you just had a tasty dinner.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #12  
vek

S/C/G: 203/ticker/180

Height: 5ft2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I cooked it, cut it, grabbed 2 slices and sat down to surf the internet, I read some posts on here, and looked down at my plate and thought what the **** am i doing???
Is it because you've seen my pictures where I showed what a few tones of pizza have done to me? Just joking!

Try to eliminate all junk food from the house, threw away all restaurants flyers so nothing in your fridge will tempt you and you will not be able to order food. If ever you will feel like having a pizza, you will need to get up, get dressed and walk to the nearest restaurant. So, you will burn the calories on the road there...
vek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #13  
All things are possible!!

Good for you for getting rid of the rest of the pizza! But, I do agree with the other posters who said that 2 pieces of pizza could easily fit into a day's plan. You did not eat the entire pizza - you simply ate 2 slices. Please don't beat yourself up about it. I commend you for getting rid of the rest, because I know for myself that it would be a big temptation to just keep nibbling away at it. But really - give yourself a break. You just ate supper - you didn't go overboard.
Havingfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #14  
No description available.

Pizza fits into my plan. Just keep the serving sizes appropriate. Easy to say, HARD to do. If throwing it away keeps you from eating the whole thing, you did the right thing.

I had pizza this week. And I am back down to my ticker weight after the holidays. So I lost 2 pounds this week. With pizza for dinner once. Planning and balance are the keys.

You dun good!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy3gal View Post
Good job throwing it out. You were hungry, that's why you ate it. I've done it myself dozens of time and I usually don't dump it like you did.

I'm sure some won't agree with me, but I'm trying not to let myself get hungry until I've lost 50 pounds and have fear of regaining to help me avoid food.

An EAS advantage low carb protein shake goes with me everywhere now in case I'm hungry and it's meal time or near meal time or because I just have to eat. It's only 100 calories so it doesn't mess up my numbers and it always fills me up and gives me the time I need to make something healthy. Really, by doing this for the past month I'm overcoming my cravings because I no longer give in by eating what is dancing through my head.
I also feel nervous if I go somewhere and don't have something to eat. I used to carry granola bars with me. I haven't been doing that lately, but I still feel nervous sometimes if I'm going to be going somewhere and I don't have any food. I'm like a little baby with adult worries
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote