Old 01-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Default So far so NOT good!

OK, so I was concerned after TO when I didn't lose a single ounce. Now, after a week on express I've lost 0.4. What?! I am sooooo bugged. I haven't eaten a single morsel or so much as licked anything not on the plan. I have been trying to be POP, but I'm having a hard time getting all the food in. I find myself eating when I'm not even hungry just to get it in. Each day is a little better, however.

I'm having doubts as to whether this new program works as good for me as the old colored plan. Last time, I did really well at first, then gained and stalled at a gain. The counselor at that time basically accused me of not being honest with what I was writing in my food journal. I got mad and offended, quit for a week or two. Then, right after I started up again, found out I was pregnant. I don't want to be there again (especially the pregnant part - LOL).
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Question:

Are you varying what you eat or eating the same thing most of the time at the same time?

Are you exercising? You might try changing up your rotine ... or just when you do it. I usually get up early and workout in the morning. I worked out last night durin TBL and got on the scale this morning and had dropped.

Try changing things up a bit and see if that helps. I usually does for me.

Hope this helps!
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Just a few thoughts....Are you drinking all your water? Are you weighing and measuring every single thing? You kind of have to be obsessive about it, especially until the scale gets moving for you. How about your sodium intake - eating frozen dinners or salty foods? Maybe try hot lemon water just to see if you're retaining fluid. As you know, you really have to eat all your food for the plan to work. You can do it! Good Luck!

Last edited by LadyZaidi; 01-16-2008 at 06:29 PM.
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Stacy, Give it more time. I know you want to see immediate results, but sometimes the scales do not cooperate. I'd give it another week or two before you ask them to change things for you because it is not working. Perhaps you were wearing especially heavy clothes when you went for the weigh in or went at a different time of the day? Many, many factors can make changes in your weight that are more than you can lose in a week.

I know that I will gain a couple of pounds during the course of a day, every day... So if I weigh in the morning and then the afternoon, I will show a gain even if I would be about the same the next morning.

Anyway, are you feeling any lighter? or are you feeling bloated? Which plan did they put you on?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

I would have to ask the same question are you eating the same foods at the same time everyday? I got into that rut I lost really good at first so kept eating the same foods at same time and stalled so I changed it up and started losing again. Just a suggestion as well.
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #6  
Plan 3 w/Lites

I am weighing and measuring my food. I have been getting my water in. I haven't had any frozen meals. I'm eating mainly chicken as I'm on the express plan so there's not too many more options besides turkey. I'm not much of a fish person, but I did eat sea scallops one night. I try to mix it up the best I can as far as the menu goes right now, but it's limited since it's express.

Barbara - right now I'm on express with 3 1/2 P, 4V, 4F, 3D, 2F, 5S.

I'm not sure weighing in 3 times a week is for me. I guess I fluctuate too much. I'd rather go once a week than go thru the rollercoaster of ups and downs three times a week. I'm weighing in again Friday, so we'll see.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #7  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacystacy View Post
I'm not sure weighing in 3 times a week is for me. I guess I fluctuate too much. I'd rather go once a week than go thru the rollercoaster of ups and downs three times a week. I'm weighing in again Friday, so we'll see.
I would definitely cut back to once or twice a week or ask the counselor not to tell you your weight loss or gain every time. Get on the scale facing away from the readout and try not to peek when they write in the book.

Hang in there. It does take awhile for everything to flow through to the scale. I weigh at home every morning, but can only weigh in at the COD in the afternoons. There's usually a 5-7 lb. difference which can be incredibly discouraging. I just have to focus on the long term changes and stick with what I'm seeing on one scale or the other (home vs. COD) and not be discouraged by the other one.
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Stacy..

When it comes to your WIs, do you always wear the same clothes? Also, it helps if you can go first thing in the day before you've had any food or water..

I was on a roller coaster before I figured out that was the best way to do it..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow stacy, that IS a lot of food.

If you check the heavy clothes and time of day potential issues and are still not losing, they will move you to a new plan. You should ask them about it when you go in if you are still not seeing results. They are there to help you and we are all different in what we need to lose. I have heard on the newer plans that it sometimes takes longer for the results to show. I think it is more because there are more carbs (starches). When I started I was limited to 2 a day, and you lose water weight quickly when you cut way back on the starches, but that is all just water weight.

Don't get impatient. Take your time losing the weight the healthy way and being kind to your body so it feels like remaining thin for the rest of your life. Dropping weight very quickly is not good for you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #10  
Plan 3 w/Lites

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how it goes when I weigh in tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Luck, hope all goes well for you.
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Remember it took along time to gain the weight. Results may not be immediate. I did not see my first drop until my second week. But I was feeling much better less stomach aches and gastric reflux gone! haven't had it since starting. Keep going do not give up.
It seem like a lot of food though. I am not sure I could eat that much.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote