Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 02:30 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bruised Cowies

Oh, my battered body. I went canoeing with a couple of friends yesterday and I feel like I was beaten with a baseball bat from head to toe. The paddling wasn't all that strenuous; it was really a nice trip. There was a lot of wind, but most of the time it was at our backs. The problem was hauling our canoe around everywhere. Our canoe weighs over 3 million pounds and we had to haul it up from the lakeshore onto the top of my Explorer, then we had to take it down and it drag it into the water. At one point we had to portage up and over a bank and down the other side, but we got out at the wrong place so we had to do it twice!! Then we had to pull it out of the water and put it up on the car again. Then on the way home I had to stop twice to retie the ropes because we did such a shi**y job that it was falling off and finally I gave up and opened the sunroof and held onto the canoe while driving 20 mph the rest of the way home.

Anyone want to come canoeing with me next weekend?

Kiwi
Old 05-06-2002, 06:48 AM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default yikes!!!

poor Kiwi!!! just reading about your adventure makes me ache----i have been digging in the garden which can induce quite the litany of complaints---finally i called 'tillerman' and got some plots chewed up for a price! this weekend we had dd's birthday party----EIGHTEEN!!!! yikes---how did i get so OLD!!!! here comes graduation ,university ----if you thought you could escape feeling old---it can't be done------------greenhouse should be up this week---naturally i will send kiwi pictures-----hope you tanks are all doing well---i spent all last week at the music festival---busy spring!! xoxoxo fatso
Old 05-06-2002, 10:56 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Tis the age

to start hiring other people to do stuff, eh? DD worked for hours yesterday helping DH uncover and clean his boat. He's paying her $5/hour. Cool, less for me to do. He finally went back to work today (he had been out more than 2 weeks) -- BUT the mill is shut down this week so he may not work the whole week anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to see Jackson Browne in concert tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-06-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #4  

Default Kiwi is so cool

You must be just a young lil' chickie, Kiwi. You go to cool concerts and traipse all over the wilderness with a canoe on yer back.

My body is hurting today too, but it's from digging holes and planting rather large size trees. I planted a beautiful coral bark maple yesterday, even though it was cold and windy here. I'm not just a fair weather gardener.

I'm so jealous of Bagzie's greenhouse. I have a small little greenhouse, but it has no plumbing or electricity, or automatic vent openers. So it is basically a potting shed and a place to overwinter my fuschias.

I'm going to post my numbers now, be prepared to be amazed.

161/145 /127
Old 05-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Talking The Incredible Shrinking Wabbit!!!

Way to go, Wabby!!!!!!!!!! (exclamation points stolen from Bagz! Hi Bagzie!) How'd you do that? Was it the dietician or just your mega willpower?

Man, Kiwi, that's what you get for attempting to get some exercise! Hope you aren't too bruised. My feet are killing me today and all I did yesterday was to go see "The Shipping News" (it lost a little in the translation but I cried alot anyway) with my English friend. I get sore muscles just from *living*.

Bagzie! You don't look a day over 30! That's 'cause I can't see you Are you going to send dd to U Vic where I went? It was fabulous. Lots of boys. Mediocre food. Beautiful campus. Beach nearby (no puffins, though). Homey atmosphere. Did I mention the boys?

Hi Cherry! Hi Peachy!
Old 05-06-2002, 04:34 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wabbit!

Wabbit absolutely WOCKS!!!

Wow. I want to weigh 145. I would settle for losing 16 lbs.

Hi Sug. I'm looking forward to seeing The Shipping News; I loved the book. Maybe I should just read the book again

Gotta go to my concert. See yaz

Kiwi

P.S. I soaked beans last night and made a bean and keilbasa soup in the crockpot for tonight. Then I remembered that we are going to a concert tonight. In an auditorium. With friends. We're having the soup tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:16 PM   #7  

Default Hey

Kiwi, I read reviews written by real ppl at Barnes and Noble about The Shipping News and most of the ppl said it was terrible. Not so? I'm reading All Over But the Shoutin' by Rick Bragg. It's autobiographical and sooooooo good. This man's writing is almost poetry, he is so expressive. Very worth reading.

Thanks for the atta-girls about the weight. I'll be more impressed with myself when I've kept it off for a year. We all know I've been down this road before. And no, I don't want to give the dietician credit for this, she's no wonder worker, this was accomplished by me, me, me! In fact, I've been thinking of quitting the dietician and going it alone because I just don't feel that I get that much out of going to her. I basically know all about losing weight. I'm thinking of asking her if I can just start going to her once I've got the weight off, because that is what I seem to have the problems with - keeping it off. And then again, I'm afraid to screw up so maybe I'll just keep on going to her, shelling out my $$$ every week. I'm such a putz.
Old 05-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wabulous Fabbit

You're so funny -- yup, you get all the credit for losing weight (after all, it was all yours before you lost it, eh?)

I'm thinking that I listened to the book tape of The Shipping News rather than reading it. But I really loved it. I've also heard people say they liked The Shipping News, "but don't bother reading anything else by her", so I don't know.

I'm covered with cat hair. I took both of them to the vet today. I'll be sneezing all night.

It is a gorgeous 72+ degrees and sunny out. And DH is lying on the couch whining, DD is up in her room playing the guitar. And of course I'm here on the 'puter. What a bunch of slack a**es.

The Jackson Browne concert was really good. It was an all acoustic solo concert--he had 9 guitars lined up. But he also played a few of the big rock-type hits, accompanying himself on keyboard. He is still very cute from a distance; train the binocs on him and you can see he's aged. But still cute. Very personable, funny. People would yell out hits they wanted him to play, and he would run over to the keyboard and start playing it, saying "No point putting it off!" It was very enjoyable concert. No mosh pit...

Kiwi
Old 05-07-2002, 04:10 PM   #9  
fatter than U

I *loved* The Shipping News - read it twice and also read Accordion Postcards which is very different and very wierd but quite amazing. The movie didn't really do the book justice - there's just so much you can cram into a couple of hours, but it was still well done and plenty heartwrenching. Judy Dench is cool.

I'm *trying* to read The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood but I keep putting it down somewhere and forgetting it. Normally I love her books.

Wabby, you are such a go girl. You just ditch that ol' dietician and we'll help keep you on the straight and narrow. YEAH RIGHT! What you weigh now is what I *used* to weigh when I weaseled my way into WLB waaaay back then. How could this happen? I still think someone needs to develop a computer connected to an exercise bike.

Kiwi said a**! I'm telling!
Old 05-07-2002, 08:19 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default WOW!!Jackson Browne!!!

I AM SO JEALOUS~~~~DID HE SING--RUNNIN ON EMPTY!!THAT'S MY FAVOURITE!!!! When my son was born---same NAME!!! I played the latest Jackson cd non-stop---even in the recovery room!!!!!! I AM MAJOR JEALOUS-----having seen the Boss two years ago HELPS,but I am still very green The greenhouse goes up tomorrow FINALLY and don't be jealous Wabby SKINNY TRAMP---it has no lights and no lectrics! All I heard over here about The Shipping News is----the Newfoundlanders HATED the way their province was portrayed!!!!-----HOW DO YOU LOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT WABBY----how many calories per day was that???seems to me not many! how do you DO that??? are you hungry?????
Old 05-08-2002, 01:55 AM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yes!!

He played Running on Empty!

Guess what else?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:24 PM   #12  

Default Yep

I'm running on empty too! I get about 1200 calories a day, I drink 64 ounces of water a day, and I'm supposed to walk 30 minutes, 5 days a week (I've only been managing about 3 days per). The really sad thing about this is that the dietician figures I'll only be able to eat about 1800 calories to maintain. Thats because I'm such a shorty. If I could only manage to grow 3 inches I'd be much happier.

Bagzies greenhouse is so gorgeous. I want one. Bad.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:02 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default howdyeeeeeeee

Hey Bagz, I have that file on my computer that you got the hoax about, and it does have a teddy bear icon! So don't feel bad, I wouldn't have known if it was a real virus or not either. (Apparently it's a real, perfectly harmless, program) I can't imagine why someone would send out a warning like that in the first place, though.

1800 cal. does sound rather discouraging, Wab. No wonder we can't ever keep the weight off. Maybe in a few years they'll figure out a way to rev up our metabolisms permanently. Gene therapy or something.... Would it help to wear high heels?

I've walked 2 mornings this week. I am so tired though. I think it's getting to me not knowing what the **** DH is going to do on any given day. I don't deal well with change. He'd better go back to work next week or I'll have to check myself into the 8th floor....

Kiwi

Oh, P.S. Bagz -- "Takin' It Easy"
Closed Thread