South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chatter

It's Thursday already! I've been running around getting some things done and just put tonight's dinner in the oven. Now I can enjoy my coffee and sit and chat a bit.
We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix this afternoon, I'm not looking forward to driving in that, but the girls both have check-ups at the DR's after school. As long as it stays above freezing, I'm okay though. Amber is supposed to come over this evening with her Girl Scout cookies. I'll let Jake pick out what he wants, but I'm not even tempted by them. In fact, there may be a box stashed in the back of the freezer from last year that I should toss out.

Schmoodle, to answer your question of how I ease back into Phase 2, I'm just adding in some oatmeal this week and maybe a bit of fruit, then gradually add anything else in next week. Like you, I know what foods set me off, so I know what to avoid. It sure feels good to be free of all those sugar cravings at last!

Star, that's a shame that you can't get away to attend your friend's funeral. I'm sure it's hard on you, try to hang in there.

GONNA, I hope you're feeling better today!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Linda! Have fun with the girls today, and drive carefully! How was your oatmeal???

These weeks are speeding by. I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday! Tom's supposed to be working all weekend, but he has off Saturday and Sunday because they don't have too much to do, so we'll get another weekend of family fun. I won't complain about that! We have a friend who is stationed at another base here in Korea and his wife is coming in to visit for a week, so we're supposed to be getting together with them on Sunday and Monday and that should be a blast! We were stationed together in D.C. and haven't seen them since Connor was two years old - four years and two kids ago! They also have a new little one, named Avery no less, so it should be fun to catch up.

I need a shower as I haven't gotten one since my run this morning. Better go freshen up!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-17-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning

Cottage Please explain how you are able to have such amazing willpower over Girl Scout cookies. I know every year when I see the adorable girls in green I'm sunk.

Kara Enjoy your time this weekend with Tom and your friends. I was fascinated reading about the major undertaking it will be when you move. Thank you for taking the time to explain it.

Well, I decided I definitely have an addiction. Hello, my name is Dawn and I am addicted to my scale I know I shouldn't and if it would just move ever so slightly on my actual weigh in day I would really stop. *sigh* It doesn't matter what I tell myself I am up to 2 or 3 times a day. O.K. well at least I have confessed that's the first step right?

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Dawn, I'm thinking of putting away the scale for the month of February. Going cold turkey, you know? It seems to me causing me more hassle than it's worth. I'm going to focus on staying on plan and getting in my exercise and see what a month will do for my relationship with the big bad scale monster. Maybe we could make a pact, you and I? Keep each other accountable?

Kara
Old 01-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

I love that idea Kara. The stupid thing of this is I can tell by how my clothes and I feel so I don't know why I even care what the stupid thing says. I guess I just really want to be in the 170's again. It's been about 11 years since I was there last time. O.K. so tell me the rules and I promise to follow and keep an eye on you too How does one go cold turkey in the battle of the scale
Old 01-17-2008, 07:51 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! The garbage is now at the road waiting the pick-up. It's supposed to be there by 6:30 but I don't follow that rule as the truck is never here before eight! It's darned cold out there although I threw on a long warm coat over my robe. No snow or other crud here....yet!

I need to do three months of flossing this morning as I have a dental appointment at 11:30, just my regular maintenance thing. Hersh is finally going to the vet late this afternoon for bloodwork and a check-up. She has one of those fatty lumps on her side that needs monitoring.

Yesterday I hauled a mess of beef out of my freezer and am planning to make a big beef stew tonight or tomorrow. I do the meat stewing part, freeze the stewed meat in smaller containers and then thaw and add veggies later. Sometimes it just ends up being a gourmet dog supper. I might be able to do a bit of quilting later.

Have a lovely day, Beach Babes.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, Tom and I were just watching this show last night called Ctrl-Alt-Chicken (which is HILARIOUS by the way) and they made beef stew! It's a guy and a gal who look to be in their late twenties/early thirties and they have NO clue about cooking! The show airs only on webcasts. I would definitely recommend it, although I'm sure you have a better recipe for beef stew than they do (they used a cup of ketchup - yuck!).

Dawn, let's think on this and come up with some rules. I definitely need to have the rule that I have to stay on plan.

I just found the Philadelphia American Idol auditions on the computer so we're going to watch them tonight! It's always fun to see your home town on TV!

Kara
Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hiya girls! Off to my first day of class! I'll be back later to check on ya! Have a great morning.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Top of the morning ladies. I'm feeling better today - not as sleepy/tired and the voice is coming back but now it seems the mono is attacking the muscles so my back is killing me and my legs are real weak - I'm hangin in there.

Cottage thank you for the well wishes. Be safe out in that weather

Kara everyone always told me once you hit 25 the days fly by and they were right. I'm now 30 and it seems they fly by so fast til I don't even see them at all.

Oh Dawn you have an evil addiction - Step Away From The Scale it will make you crazy

Have a great day Ruth!

Good luck today Kim - I hope you have a super day

Hello to all those not yet up and at it.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Girls! I'm up early on my day off (I'm never going to catch up on sleep) because I have a full day ahead of me. It's Ryan's 22nd birthday, so I'm spending a lot of the day with him. We're going to take some tests together to apply to work for the State of IL at 9, then we're going to lunch with Mom and Dad for his b-day, then I have to go shopping and get him something, then teach piano at 4, then dinner with Ryan, Mom, Grandma, and Uncle Tim for Ryan's b-day again.

Cottage, you are so motivated. I don't have anything done by the butt-crack of dawn besides sawing logs. It's almost 8 and I need to get in the shower and I'm finding it hard to muster up the motivation to get up and walk to the bathroom. It's sleeting outside here. I hate this weather. Be careful today, and enjoy your day!

Kara, hope you have a great family weekend!

Dawn, there are far worse addictions to have. I know some people say to weigh yourself only once a week, but I find that it's easier for me to stay on track if I weigh myself every day (knowing that some fluctuation is normal.) Now 2-3 times a day.... that might be a little much. Maybe wean yourself to every morning and see how you do!

Ruthie, hahaha 3 months of flossing. That made me laugh. Good luck at the dentist. I loathe the dentist. Try to stay warm!

Kim, good luck at class! I'll say a prayer for ya!

Oy. I'm tired. I should get in the shower since Ryan will be here soon to get me so we can go test. It's really hard to get a state job because it's so political, but it doesn't hurt to try right? I've never applied, and I really could use a stable M-F 8-4:30 kind of job. Plus you can't beat the benefits. People standardly call them "state employees" because "state workers" is an oxymoron, with 13 paid holidays and all the vacation time/sick time/personal time/mental health days they get. I'm in need of a mental health day, and today's my day off!

Hope you girls all have a great day!!!!!

Lisa
Old 01-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Whoops, simulposting! Hi Gonna! Glad to hear you're feeling a little better! I'll pray that you continue to heal! Mono can be a real
Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning chicks... the sun is shinning but it is cold here today. I feel like I have 40 pairs of tap dancing feet in my head.... and of course the wee ones are in a screaming mood today. I am offically in ph 2, but these last few days really have not felt like eating, so I really have not added anything to my menu.

Cottage- Thanks for starting us up this morning. Enjoy your day, drive safe. Those darn cute little cookie sellers, that means that will be at my house soon too. I really don't care much for the cookies, but DH has a weakness for sweets.

Kara- Have fun catching up with your company.... Step away from the scales..

Thin- I am a scale "Ho", I have been trying to only weigh in once a week, but once I start doing the everyday thing then I am sunk, have you seen the comerical with the scales chained to the peoples legs. That reminds me of me. Have a good day.

Ruth- DH lugged my garbage out this morning. Have fun at the dentist. Hope you manged to get all that flossing done.

Star- Good luck on your first day... Hugs to you.

Gonna- take care, you poor thing. Nothing worse than being sick for so long.

Lisa- Good luck with the tests. Have a great day with your brother.

Me- Just working away on my trade show fundraiser, and a few other things we have on the go. One being Chocolate barsI am not looking forward to having 96 of them in my house. Other than that nothing much going on on my towel today.

Have a great day chicks.... off to put in a load of laundry.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks. We are supposed to get snow today, maybe a lot, maybe a little. I wouldn't mind a lot; we've only had one decent snow so far this year. The kids would like it. Fortunately, we just went to the creamery, so we are well prepared for the onslaught of demands for hot chocolate.
Only 5 more sleeps until DH leaves. Poor guy, he got the vacuum fixed, and changed the spark plugs on the car, but accidentally pulled out a fuel injector, and now we're leaking gas, so he's been working on that since yesterday. He had to order the part for the refrigerator, but it won't be here in time, so he will show me how to install it. We still have to get his 4 mos supply of medicine before he goes, and that involves a fight with the insurance company.
I started bowflexing yesterday. We took it easy as I'm a beginner, and just learning how to do it. So I am not too sore today. We'll go for 3 days/wk, and work up our intensity.

cottage, I wish I was not tempted by girl scout cookies. I am cookie mom this year and I i will be drowning in cookies in a few weeks. I hate to think how many boxes of thin mints and samoas I put away all by myself last year. I fear it almost as much as Halloween and Christmas.
Dawn, I'm the same way. Fortunately I'm also lazy. So I shove the scale way back up under the clawfoot tub, so I have to get on hands and knees to pull it out, and that helps some. If not, I step on it every time I go in the bathroom.
Ruth, that's a great idea for the beef stew. I could do the same with my beef vegetable soup. Especially with DH gone, I'm afraid the huge pot I usually make will be too much. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself, as I do it with ham bones, and chicken/turkey carcasses - make a "soup starter" kit.
I just love that just-cleaned teeth feeling!
Kara, I may join you and Dawn, cold turkey would be kind of a fun challenge. Except I would plan to weigh on Valentine's Day to see if I made my V-Day challenge goal.
Have a great first day of school Kim. I just love back to school day!
Gonnabe, take it easy. I'm worried DD might have mono, I have to call today and get an appointment to get her checked out.
Hi Lisa, good luck with the testing, and Happy Birthday to Ryan!

Have a great day chickies!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Hello chickie dees----can I join the conversations?! My name is Tawnya and I just joined about a week ago.

Ruthie-I give you props for going to the dentist. I am extremely scared of the dentist. I put if off as long as I can. I absolutely hate it.
cottage--you're so lucky, you get some "me" time I've noticed (yesterday). I've got 4 little ones, 2 that stay home throughout the day so I have no "me" time at all. To add to the 4 little ones, I have 2 dogs where one of them might be pregnant. Not looking forward to the birth of puppies right now. We're supposed to be going out of town with DH on feb 15 but if she has puppies, seems my DH will be going alone.
Dawn-I step on the scale once a day and that is good for me. at first I wanted to do it 3 times a day but that was too much and distracted me. If I do it once a day (usually in the morning) that will help me stay on track. If I see I've gained a pound, I know that I need to cut something out for that day and get back on track. I wish you good luck,
weezle-have fun with ryan today. enjoy!!!
Kara-I see you're moving. Where to? Your DH is in the military? what branch? My hubby was in the marines and regrets getting out. He misses it so much that it has really affected his everyday life (besides the fact that he has PTSD). Have a good family weekend.

As for me,nothing much. Got some things to do. My 21 month old has been sick for almost 3 days now. Can't do my morning walks anymore. I'm trying to track my walking with my ticker but it's hard to convert my at home workout into miles i've walked. oh well, as long as I'm getting some exercise in. We think we have squirells in our attic. We hear rustling around up there all day and night. Our female dog might be pregnant so I have to clean the kennel, give her a bath and bring her in. She's very tempramental now and is getting a belly. *gasp*. The dishes have to be done and my scrapbooking/craft area needs to be organized and cleaned. I am a baker so I have things I have to make and sell. *gasp* so much to do and don't wanna do them.

Have a good day everyone!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, I am at work so don't have time for personals, but wanted to say Hi!! I am official on phase 2 but have not added much except for alittle rice and strawberries, always afraid to add anything to breakfast so I normaly add at lunch or dinner.

I have been fighting the scale trying not to weigh I look at it each morning and then say no not today but I end up weighing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make sure weight is correct for that week, can't seem to only weigh in once a week.

Have fun and stay warm- it is raining here but luckily no freezing rain

Schmoodle- I do have to say that I was in Diego Garcia for 8 months back during the Gulf War- the island is only about 8 miles long total- but it is beautiful the ocean- just have to watch out for sharks lol.
Closed Thread