Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Favorite Breakfasts

Here are two of my favorite breakfasts. I typically have a minimum of ½ P, a S and a Fruit for breakfast.

The egg custard can be made ahead of time the night before and reheated in microwave or eaten cold in the morning.

Egg Custard

2 large whole eggs
½ cup skim milk
2 tsp splenda
1 tsp vanilla
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Beat ingredients well and pour mixture into at least a 1 cup Corning or Corelle oven safe baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and nutmeg . Place the dish with the egg mixture in another baking pan with a couple of inches of water in it.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until custard is not running and is almost set.

2 Servings
½ P each
Numbered plans

Oatmeal pancake

1 large whole egg
¼ cup dry – not cooked oatmeal
1 tsp splenda
1 TB low fat yogurt

Mix ingredients all together in a bowl and pour into a pre-heated frying pan at medium temperature which has been sprayed with non stick spray. Mixture will be thick so just use a spoon to spread mixture evenly to make one big pancake. When one side is cooked flip over briefly to cook the other side.

Note: I sprinkle cooked pancake with 1 tsp of splenda before eating.

1 Serving
½ P, 1S
Numbered plans.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

My all time favorite breakfast is MTDebster's ricotta cheese pancakes. My kids love them so much that they don't even like regular pancackes anymore

**Ricotta Cheese Pancakes**-1/2PC
Ingredients:

3 tbsp flour
2 tsp Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Spoon small amounts onto griddle coated with cooking spray. Flip when pancakes begin to rise; cook until golden.

Makes: 2 servings
Serving size: ½ recipe
LA Exchange: ½ Protein, 1 Condiment
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

It's 9 PM and now I want a pancake...with syrup! I need to try these recipes!
My favorite breakfasts:

Yogurt with fiber one and a small apple

Breakfast burrito made with low-carb tortilla wrap, scrambled eggs and a little ground turkey (I confess I put in some sausage seasoning so this tastes just like sausage).

Bowl of cereal with milk and banana

protein shake slightly blended with frozen fruit.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i love to have a pita (found some really great ones at walmart) with natural peanut butter and a few of those flat sandwich pickles.
or apple cinnamon oatmeal made with just plain quick oats and i cut up an apple, put it in a pan with some lite margarine (if i want to get a fat in) and some splenda and cinnamon, til the apples are a bit soft. and then i put that over the oatmeal. it's so yummy!

i also love to mash a banana in a bowl, add a 1/4 cup egg beaters and tear up a piece of lite bread, add some cinnamon and put it in a nonstick pan and cook til browned on both sides (my mom used to make that for me when i was little and called it a banana fritter). i usually use some spray butter on it too.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

OK my breakfast of champs...

Veggies for Breakfast?

Saute' mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, any veggie you like, together. Do a bunch and store in a container in fridge.
In the morning make a 1/2 C egg beater or 1 egg & 1 white mixture with a smidge of skim milk. Pour on skillet with cooking spray, add 1/2 C veggies (warmed in micro) 1oz LF shredded cheese. Cook through, flip and serve with toast. Add 1 T avocado if you like.

1 V
1 P
1 S (with toast)
1 F (with avo)

Gets one veg out of the way first thing.

numbered plans
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I actually made this for dinner....but I made it again for bfast bc it was so good. I counted it as 1/2p, 1V, 1/2D 1fa for 1/8th of it.

It's from Food Network's Ellie Kriger's Healthy Cooking show!

Your guys' recipes sound AWESOME! I'm definitely going to try all of them, and Joni I'm also a huge fan of yogurt and fiber 1 thanks to Lynn!

Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata

4 large whole eggs
4 large egg whites
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar (low fat) (2 ounces)

Separate 4 of the eggs, putting the whites into a medium sized bowl and discarding the yolks (or saving them for another purpose). Add the remaining 4 whole eggs and 2 tablespoons of water to the whites and whisk well.
In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and a few turns of pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet covering them evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook until the egg mixture has set around the edges but is somewhat liquid in the middle, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the skillet under the broiler about 2 inches from the heat until the surface is set and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the egg mixture will become tough.

Cut the frittata into 8 wedges and serve.

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per serving Calories 215
Total Fat 12 grams Saturated Fat 4.5 grams
Cholesterol 227 mg Sodium 385 mg
Carbohydrates 11 grams Protein 17 grams
Fiber 3.5 grams
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #7  
Amy

Mmmmm.... these all sound great!

I made Yogurt Bran Muffins this morning, not too bad for diet muffins. I was raised with homemade muffins all the time, so I was a little dissapointed. I added blueberries, which is what saved them (in my opinion.)

I cannot search and find this recipe on here, the search tool is no help at all. When I find it, I will post.

Another GREAT muffin which I heard about through my COD and through a friend on WW, is a mixture of a box cake mix, a 15oz. can of pumpkin, 2 tsp. of cinnamon and I add some raisins. The recipe was a bundt cake, but I make muffins out of them, ~20 mins at 350. I freeze the remaining and nuke them with a cup of coffee in the morning. FANTASTIC. You can experiment with different cake mixes. My personal favorites are the banana and the carrot one!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #8  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

I just had the best breakfast burrito! I used 2 eggs, a bell pepper, RF sliced turkey and a WW/LF tortilla. It was amazing.
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #9  

Default Search Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Mmmmm.... these all sound great!

I cannot search and find this recipe on here, the search tool is no help at all. When I find it, I will post.
What works for me with the Search Tool, is to add several ***** to the end of the topic that I am searching for and then I don't get the error message that my search topic was too short.

Is this the recipe?

Yogurt Bran Muffins
1cup Fiber One cereal
2 egg whites or 1 whole egg slightly beaten
1/4cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
2 6oz containers low-fat yogurt (Any flavor, I use strawberry banana or white chocolate strawberry)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3cup brown sugar (I sub the Brown sugar Splenda or Brown sugar Twin)
1 1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/2cup berries ( I use strawberries and blueberries)
1 small mashed banana (my addition)

heat oven to 400degrees. Grease bottoms of 12 regular sized muffin cups or place liners in each muffin cup

In Medium bowl stir together egg, oil, banana and yogurt. Stir in cereal and remaining ingedients except berries just until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Divide batter between muffin cups. Filling each 3/4full. This makes exactly 12 muffins

Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan

The COD told me today that it is 1S,1F,1FA

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Last edited by Lynx; 01-16-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #10  
Amy

Yes, thanks Lynn!

This is it!

I was bad and just ate one cold while putting htem away, they're actually better!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #11  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

My fav breakfast is actually pretty simple.
2 pieces of light bread with RF PB and half a banana cut in slices on the top. I toast the bread, put pb on and then add bananas! yum!
My other fav which is also fairly simple is 1 egg scrambled with red pepper seasoning. 2 pieces of light bread toasted and ICBINB spray. I put hot sauce on the egg and then put the egg on the bread and make a egg sandwhich! Love it! yum yum!

Last edited by cecil; 01-16-2008 at 04:17 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #12  

My favorite breakfast is 2 poached eggs on a toasted Thomas' Light Multi-Grain English Muffin. With that I have a smoothie in my bullet. Throw in one small banana, 1 c. frozen raspberries, 1 c. Light 'n Fit Vanilla Yogurt and a couple of packets of Splenda, (and some Benefiber for good measure) and it's delicious!
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/199.6/140

Height: 5'9

I eat the same thing everyday. I wonder when I will get sick of it! lol
cereal with milk

Lynx, I can't wait to try these tomorrow...switch it up a bit!!
Thanks!
chica33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #14  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Smoothie:

1 c. light soy milk
1 c. frozen fruit of choice
1 pkt. splenda (if you use flavored light soymilk, such as chocolate or vanilla, omit the splenda)

I will do this as dessert too - like eating a shake.

YUM!
1 dairy
1 fruit
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #15  
Gold(+1/2P)

S/C/G: 190/135/130

I am a creature of habit ....2 ounces Ricotta with cinnamon heated up in the microwave and a clementine....every day for the past 5 months....1/2P 1F on Gold.
roserph is offline   Reply With Quote