Old 01-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Default So there I am this morning....

and I get all the kids downstairs and get the treadmill going....I've got my ipod (on low so I can hear the kids), I have a full view of them playing. Life is good. I am going to DO IT AGAIN. I can't believe it. Why oh why didn't I start exercising while they played earlier? I get slow going, the music's good. It's rhythmic. It makes me smile ......I keep up the pace, I raise the pace, I'm getting a good feeling now....the buzz is coming.....the music changes and it's faster and so I go a little faster (cause it feels good!)...I gotta bounce in my step.....and then all of a sudden it's perfection...everything's coming together...

THEN BAM!

Mooooooommmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! All of a sudden I am needed for something...I ask him to wait (it's about a toy) I tell him I'll fix it later, that I need to work out and get exercise...because I can't fix it he wants a different toy from upstairs...in my FRUSTRATION (and labored breath) I tell him to go upstairs quickly and get the other one that he wants....his brother races him and gets it first, I am chasing after them, then he cries, no he bawls because his brother beat him there. We all go back downstairs, I am frustrated, angry...the PACE is gone, there is no turning back. I try talking with him, helping him, all the while...I am feeling guilty...if I wasn't in such a mess (ie. SO FAT) in the first place, I wouldn't need to use a treadmill while they are playing. It's such a vicious cycle.

He calms down...I retreat back the the treadmill, turning it back on...I have no idea how long I had worked out. I am starting from scratch...it hurts to have to get to that "high" feeling again. I am angry. Luckily I get the groove back.

Anyhow, I needed to tell that story out-loud. Life is not easy. Even getting on the treadmill is a struggle for someone like me who LOVES the feeling when I get into that "groove". I'm almost hard to get off the treadmill. I swear if the kids were in school already, I would be there much, much longer.

Thanks for listening,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #2  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Ginger, have you ever thought of joining a gym? The gym I go to (all female which is nice) has a daycare where moms can drop their kids off and then work out. They even have kid oriented workouts some times. I don't have kids so I don't use it but it seems to really help a lot of the women.
But the good news is that you got up and did something! No matter how long or short, you got up and moving. Good job!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
Life is not easy.
No, it isn't! As a wife and Mom, someone always needs something. Great job of getting back on the treadmill. That part would have been my big challenge.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

It'll get easier. They'll get used to the routine & that this is a time that you should not be interrupted. Good work!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #5  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

You just illustrated the whole reason why I joined an all women's bootcamp at 5:30 am....nothing interupts me. no dr. appts., no having to find a way to "fit" it in, no stopping and starting again and again (you are better than me, once I stop, that's it I talk myself out of it). The best thing about a bootcamp (all female that is) is that it is done, there is no guilt at the end of the day because I didn't get to it and it gives me so energizing to start the day that way. I also get the benefit of social time with other women who are working toward the same thing that I am, I get the advantage of having a trainer without paying out the ear, and I don't pay gym fees on top of that. Can't ask for more! just a thought for you to consider. Good Luck and keep up the good work!
thisrlipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #6  
No description available.

It is HARD to exercise with little kids. You did great getting back on the treadmill. Sometimes all we can do is the best we can do and you did great! I know this sounds trite, and I don't mean it to, but they won't be little forever. And I am not saying this to make you feel warm and fuzzy, or guilty, or anything. I am saying this because it is true. For the first time in 15 years all kids in my house are at school. Time passes and now I have all the time in the world. And that will happen for you. So for now, be flexible, be a little selfish (is there anyone you can pawn the kids off on?). And be kind to yourself. You are not on the treadmill soley because of your weight. You are on the treadmill because PURPOSEFUL exercise is VITAL to everyone's health, regardless of size. If you weighed 169 pounds, your butt would still need to be on that treadmill and WHEN you do weigh 169, your butt will still be there sometimes.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I'm so proud of you for getting back on the treadmill!

It IS hard with kids! I remember the last time I lost, Talia wasn't in school yet. I have this beginners bellydancing tape that I wanted to try, and it was fun, but she flipped out when I tried to do it...and guess what??? I NEVER tried it again!

Therefore...I am very proud of YOU!!!

Keep going!

Linda

How lame is that?
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #8  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

My kids interupt me all the time lol.. but they are used to me walking on the spot when wiping them bottoms, getting them a drink or finding a toy. Most the time they have been prewarned and set up with food drink tv before i go. but its a little easier as my house is all on one level and the kids have free rain of the house.. I usually put on a kids movie and tell them to leave me alone lol.. and they are pretty good .. but there is always something.. you shouldn't feel bad we all get frusrated from time to time.. kids are alot of work.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #9  

Switzie6 - I would if I could. But the reality is I have too many kids. Daycare at gyms here cost between 3-5$ per child per hour. I have three three-year olds. I just can't afford that 3-5 times a week. And I have a perfectly good (and previously underused) treadmill at home.

Girlygirl - you are right somebody always wants something. thanks for cheering me on!

Lifeguard- they are getting used to it...but they are little still and so they do sometimes need help, I need to accept that and not get angry about it.

thisrlipo - I am NOT better than you !!!- heck you get up at 530AM---what kind of crazy person does that???LOL. Seriously I could do that at home too, but I gave up all kinds of sleep that you can't even begin to imagine unless you've had triplet infants (or more) and I just WILL NEVER do that again. I still have to get up at 630am with the kids and that's plenty early for me. It's a great thought though and you have some good points. Mmmmm nice and cozy and warm on my treadmill at 930am, or freezing cold out on a wet field at 530am? Mmmmmm, which one would I pick guess I am just a bit of a pansy!

Midwife- you made some great points. They are only little once (which I used as a great excuse for 2.5 years NOT to work-out (the first year doesn't count!) because they needed me too much. I don't think people realize how hard multiples are, especially if they are your only children. It's depressing to see three kids turn 1, because you know that you don't get to do it THREE times like everyone else who has three kids. I can have more children easily - I didn't use fertility drugs, and these kids were not a struggle for my husband and I to conceive. I am likely to have another large litter of kids if I decide to have "1 more" and so the risk is great. Too great. You are right, my home will be empty someday and a lot sooner than someone who had three kids several years apart - mine will all leave within a few years of each other. Now that's depressing. Geez. But it is the reality of our current family dynamics. The other great point you made was yes, even if I was 169 I would probably have to take the time to workout too!! I never thought about it that way. So that does make me feel better!

Linda - thanks for the encouragement!

Amouse - you are right we all get frustrated from time to time...I hope to find a better way to handle it next time.

Cheers,
Ginger
Old 01-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

WOW!!! Triplets!

What a challenge...but it must be a great deal of fun sometimes too! I can only imagine how much 3 babies would make me laugh...I looooove babies, can you tell? I've never laughed so much in my life as I have since my kids were born

Now, three 3.5 year old's might not make one laugh quite as much
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #11  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

3 3year olds... and you still have hair lol??? i would have pulled all mine out lmao
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #12  

I still have lots of hair and it's CRAZY AROUND here...that's part of the stress-induced eating...

but are they fun? OH YEAH!

Ginger