Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile Starting again after 6 years! Yikes!

Hello!
Well, dh and I are starting over! In August 2002 I joined LA Weightloss weighing 250 in about 9-10 months I weighed 159. That was the lowest I got. I maintained for a while but am now right back where I started. I'm back to where I started only b/c of my poor food choices and lack of ability to make the healthy eating a lifestyle choice. Oh and my dh lost 70lbs way back when! So, we know it works! And I did it while I was nursing my daughter so I did it all without using the lites or shakes.
Now for a few questions. Originally we were on the Red plan +. Is it still called that? Is it all set up the same? When I got down in the 170 range or so they moved me to the purple plan and that's the only plan I have the nice laminated info. card for. Is pork still a limited protein? How about pork tenderloin? I printed out the take-off info. from here and saw that pork tenderloin was considered unlimited during take-off. I had never done the take-off while nursing my daughter so that was a first! I hope I did it right. Oh also, I have the old dining out guide. I know that Taco Bell now has a new fresco menu...is anything included on that now?
O.K., that's enough babbling from me...for now! I'm glad this thread is still going after all these years! Thanks in advance for your help!
cajunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome...

A lot has changed since you were on the plan originally. In fact, a lot has changed since my shop closed last April...

That said, a lot of what you learned can still be put to good use, so let your heart not be troubled..

I'll let some current members fill you in on the particulars since my own knowledge is behind the times.. I just wanted to say welcome back!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

WELCOME BACK!! Wow you lost a LOT! Good for you for starting over and making this decision. WE're glad to have you!

I'm definitely not the expert in plans.

The REd w/lites is 2/5 P, 3 F, 4, V, 3S, 1fa, 1D

Yes there are certain taco bell fresco menu items on plan...I'm not sure exactly what though.

Hopefully the experts will chime in!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #4  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

For Taco Bell, my book shows:

Gordita Baja Beef, Fresco style, 1/2 P, 2 starches
Gordita Baja Chicken, Fresco style, 1/2 P, 2 starches
Taco, (hard and soft are the same), beef or chicken, Fresco style, 1/2 P, 1 starch
Tostado, Fresco style, 1/2P, 2 starches
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

What is "fresco" style? I don't go to Taco Bell enough (luckily) to be familiar with that...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Fresco Style is no sauce but they add the fresh tomato, onion and cilantro combination to the taco/burrito. (Thanks to my little sister the new Taco bell Shift manager! Im so proud! lol)
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote