Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And ready to try again #166

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

Old 05-05-2002, 06:38 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

I moved Duckie over here so you all wouldn't miss her post! I can't believe I actually started a new thread and it worked!

__________________________________________________ _

Thanks Thin Thinker for the pm, it's always nice to know that you've been missed, I'm sure if you pm any of the other girls they'll be thrilled as well, I'll try to keep more in contact, If only I had a computer at home, you'd get sick of me. DF can have the TV and I'd have the computer, that would'nt be to good the DS might get neglected.

Started Feb 11, 2002
337/320/300mini goal (-17Lbs)
__________________________________________________ __
Old 05-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Ok Phew...that was hard work!!

I am sitting here hanging my head low because I caved in at the birthday party today!!! I had diet coke and raw veggies to start. I did pass on the chips and dip and salsa and all that stuff...but then came the real food. I had a meatball sandwich and at least 1 cup of potato salad. Barbara's mom makes the best! I had pickles with that then a couple of slices of cheese that my son fed me from his plate. Then the dreaded cake and ice cream! I had a small piece for my son but he didn't eat much and I didn't want to waste it...heck...I wanted to eat it all who am I kidding! I did have some coffee with ff half and half...I love that stuff! So I think I am done with my points for today and tomorrow. I had like 15 points left after lunch so hopefully I won't have done too much damage! I will never learn! But I can compensate!

Andrew had such a blast at the party playing outside with all the kids. He just loves it outside. His daddy is out back cutting the grass so he can go out and play. The dang grass is almost as tall as Andrew is! LOL That rain sure made things grow!!

Baylee...I agree with the others...I'm sorry you can't post here because of your selfish niece. Its a real shame the sickness some people have and they don't even know it! I know I have much better things to do with my life then to snoop on my family members on a board they post at. She needs to grow up and get her OWN life!! and not live yours!! I hope you put me on your email list too!

Duckie I'm glad to see you posting again...you can post babble or whatever..you don't have to have anything constructive to say..heck look at all my posts!! I just babble and babble and babble...I'm also glad things are looking up for you. I have been in that place you are at too financially with my ex...things do eventually get better. I always say things happen for a reason! And look at me today! I have the greatest life!!

I better get tending to my little guy! I will catch up to you all tomorrow!

Take care...Michelle
Old 05-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Slept quite a bit today. It's cool, raining, and overcast. Mikey is learning a new trick, roll over. Right now, I'm typing and his head is resting on my laptop touchpad. I didn't do as much as I planned, but did have a relaxing weekend. And I didn't touch the training material. I'm doing it at work.

Tomorrow back to square one. Hopefully being at work will keep me to schedule. My sister's here for a visit. Will close for now.

See ya,
Malia
Old 05-05-2002, 11:17 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

I brought Miss Melissa over here from the last thread. Michelle must not have seen her and I didn't want her message to be missed.

Miss Melissa wrote:
British Airways and larger people..
Well here's the scoope...in about two months (well less than that actually) I will be going to Spain, via British Airways. I guess my concern is this: I haven't flown since I was 18 and I was like a size 18. Grrr...right now I am about a 24 and I guess my concern is actually FITTING into the seats...do you ladies have any stories or suggestions? Do you think I will need a seat belt extension, or should I just grunt, suck it in to remain unembaressed? :-D Normally I would not care, but I am traveling with a bunch of college kids that I BARELY know and the thought kind of embaresses me...:-)
Thanks!!!
Mel

Old 05-06-2002, 12:59 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Howdy

Michelle.. You did a fantastic job starting the new thread. Way to go girl !!!! Plus moving a post too... what a pro you are getting to be.
I am sooooooo sorry I missed your birthday. I don't remember reading it ...untill Thin said something.
Belated Happy Birthday !!!!!!

Mary.. your dinner sounded yummy. Mmmmm

MisMelissa... I sent my reply via PM in case you didn't find this new thread. Hope you have a great trip.

Malia...enjoy your visit with your sister.
I am having a wonderful time with my daughter home.
It is just too short... she heads back Tues night.

Thin...I have seen that glass painting on HGTV. You did say it will look like lead glass didn't you? It sounds soooo pretty.
It is scarey how much alike we are... not many people have cooked their dirty dishes.
You are sooo sweet to remember all those MIA's. I am soooo forgetful. I can't believe I forgot about Lynnes wedding photos.
Lynne.. you better send us your web site address.
Jen... hope you are lurking. We would love to hear from you again.

Duckie...glad to see you again.
I am glad I am not in Alberta with you... this spring weather is great!!!!
I know how frustrating it must be for hubby and you.
I remember all too well those lean years when my hubby and I struggled so. It does get better. Tell you hubby to hang in there.. it will pay off in the long run.
It was cool to learn that garage sales are big in Canada too.

Hope I got everyone... I don't have the old thread to peek at.
My food was good today. I did take a bite of my daughters ice cream tonight... but well within my plan.
I have a very very busy day planned tomorrow.
We are setting our alarm to get an early start.
Probably won't be in until evening.

My Monday Motivation....

They DID NOT cheat..... I do not cheat !!!!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 07:53 AM   #7  

I survived my Dad's birthday party....just barely and still need "MUCH needed sleep". He seemed to enjoy all the people so that is what counts. (but tell that to my feet )

It is 39 and foggy here today. I may NEVER have to mow at this rate.

Pray for me...I have work problems and fear turning to food!

Malia: Cross your fingers for me...I MAY get to uncover my roses this week.

Now that the big shindig is over I can catch up with all of you.

I thought this was an interesting Motivation....
"Without continuous personal development you are now all that you will ever become, and **** starts when the person you are, meets the person you could have been." - Eli Cohen

I think this struck me because I always think I have "fixed" me in some way. I don't look at my life as a "continuous" project. This helps me, right now anyway, at looking at exercise and eating. Of course I don't want to be DONE fixing myself because you know what that would mean....
Old 05-06-2002, 08:03 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all
Just stopped in before getting ready for work. I have made me a salad to take for lunch. I hope it will be enough to fill me up.

Dinner last night was great but next time I will use regular salsa instead of chunky. the boys really liked the baked tortilla chips.

I have to eat breakfast and dress so I better go. be back later
Old 05-06-2002, 09:49 AM   #9  

Good Morning Lady's

It's a very sunny and bright morning here today, looks like it might be a spring morning, cross my fingers, Calgary got 20 cm of snow yesterday but we managed to stay snow free, hope it stays that way. Knock on wood.

Well it looks like a bunch of us need to get back on the wagon, it's funny that we all seem to go off at the same time and Monday comes along and we start all over again, when will we ever learn this journery would go much faster if we just stuck to our plans. I guess where all just human.

Well today I'm going start fresh again, my goal is to lose 8lbs by June 1, should be do able considering the amount of weight I have to lose. I found a big mug that holds 16 oz of water, going to try to drink 4 mugs a day. Yesterday I drank 3, got my excersise in to, cause I was running to the washingroom every 20 min's. I put a peppermint tea bag in with my water yesterday, tasty, very yummy, puts a little kick in my water.

Sounds like there was a few birthday party's going on last weekend glad you all had fun and enjoyed yourself. Isn't the food the biggest thing you look forward to when you go out to party's, I know it is for me, all I think about is what this person's going to bring or what goodies will I get to eat. I get together with a bunch of lady's almost weekly to play games, and there's always a smorges borg of food to choose from, will have to be the one to start bringing healthy food and maybe the rest will follow. Why does my life have to revolve around food !!!!

Well guess I should go and get some work done, type to ya later
Old 05-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #10  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Depressed....

Hi friends,

I am not doing so well. After what I thought was a pretty good week, I ended up gaining 1# at WW. I have been playing with the same 4 pounds for 3 or 4 months now and I am just tired of it. I am not perfect, but I do exercise every day and 90% of the time, drink all my water, but I just can't get these stinking pounds off. I have been trying to hit 50 so long, it is just so depressing.

I am sure it doesn't help that work sucks. I really don't like it too much. I am dealing with it, but this wouldn't be my first choice for a job. I could go back to my old job, but giving up is not part of my nature. The stress is enormous though....

I don't even have time to come on this site too often, which probably just makes things worse.

HELP!

Susie
Old 05-06-2002, 04:31 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well it's Monday and it's time to start journalling...........again! Why can't I stick with it for more than..............an hour? That is my project for this week. I NEED to joural!! I went to WI (not Wisconsin) this morning and I stayed the same for the week. I was counting in my head.............all week. Guess that just isn't good enough. So here I am, a new week in hand, and I'm starting to journal all over again. Wish me luck.........scratch that. Wish me perserverance!!!

Mary: Give me some particulars about baking the tortillas. How long, what temp. I bought one of those pans that you place a tortilla into and bake into the shape of a bowl. Anyway, really interested, please post the info.

Duckie: Glad you came back. * Sorry about the finances. That's some place that we've been too. Things tend to work out though and it will come around for you too. * As far as Monday's go, at least we DO start over and don't quit. That's a real accomplishment.

Miss Melissa: Hey, Mel, glad to see you peek in here. The last time I flew it was from MI to FL on Spirit. I was about a size 24 back then. I fit, but barely. I would suggest that you try for a window seat and get to the airport early. Try to be one of the first ones to board for your area so you can get to the seat first. Sometimes the armrests will go up, at the window and between you and the next person. Lift them both, it will give you a little extra room. And lastly, pray for someone skinny to sit next to you that won't need their whole seat. Sorry, not pretty, but the best advice I have for you. * Hope you'll come back and post with us. We'd love to have you join us.

Michelle: Great job starting the new thread! Don't worry about the party treats, move on. It's MONDAY!!!!

Malia: Where is your sister from? Near you? I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

2cute: Yes, the glass painting stuff has been on HG TV and QVC and just about everywhere else. I have the leading done on the second window. I need to start doing color today.

LuckyLadyBug: I'm glad your dad's party went well. I bet you're glad it's over and your life can get back to normal. * I loved your motivation:
Quote:
"Without continuous personal development you are now all that you will ever become, and **** starts when the person you are, meets the person you could have been." - Eli Cohen
Boy, is that profound!!!! Something to REALLY think about!

Susie: Oh honey, I'm sorry that job has still got you down. It's been 4 months now and things should start getting easier. Don't look at going back to the other job as quitting. Sometimes you have to take care of YOU! And if the other job makes you happier, less stressed and gives you more time for YOU; maybe it's something you should consider. Life is too short to be miserable!!! [[[hugs]]]

Well girls, I think I'll go paint.....and do some cleaning up. I'll catch you all later. Love to everyone!

"A woman who is willing to be herself and pursue her own potential runs not so much the risk of loneliness as the challenge of exposure to more interesting men----and people in general."- Lorraine Hansberry
Old 05-06-2002, 04:52 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Talking I can hop in here.....

just for a second. Shhhhh.....dh says I've been spending too much time on the computer, so I have to hurry. hehe I'm sorry I didnt' get in here yesterday.......had a minor catastrophe at the house, but don't worry all is well now and I didn't overeat as a result of it.......anyways, just wanted to jump in real quick to say everything is fine.....I'm still OP.........feeling stronger every day and I'm changing my WI (not Wisconsin) day to Tuesdays, so I will have to report in about that tomorrow. I promise, I will be back tonight...just didn't want anyone to worry. I love you all and by the way...........

GUESS WHO WON THE RACE YESTERDAY???

You got it!!!! My man!!!!! Go Tony!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

I used white corn tortillas and cut them in quarters put them on a baking sheet i sprinkled them with salt and Emerals southwest seasoning and backed them till crisp. watch or they will get too brown.

They are good with salsa
Old 05-06-2002, 07:41 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Just a quick post...the boy has to go to bed!

I spent the afternoon outside with him and he was so happy!

I made the best fish today!

Mediteranian Fish

1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 Tbl dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lb flounder filets

Mix the first six ingredients in a small bowl
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, lay flounder in single layer, pour over lemon mixture and bake at 350* for 12 minutes or till fish flakes.

Makes 4 servings at 2 points per serving.

This is really good! I had it with spinach for a 2 pt. meal!

Gotta run!

1 lb flounder filets
Old 05-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I was just perusing another site and I found this post from a lady and thought it was really terrific. Pay special attention to her stats.

Betty wrote:

Quote:
After being OP for just over a year that's the question I have never asked myself about losing this weight. If I did, the answer would always be the same. I want it more than anything else I can imagine.

What I am saying is that I know I want to lose the weight with everything that I am and everything that I have. At this point, there is no option to stop or go back to the way it was before. This means I will do journal, count points, eat OP even when I WANT to eat off program. It means that my selfish desire to cheat gets swept away by my overwhelming commitment to me to get thin.

In my opinion, that's how much commitment you need to make to yourself in order to succeed. It's not a question of IF you can do this but WILL you do this.

Everyone CAN do WW. Everyone CAN lose weight. In my opinion it really is a question of how bad you want it. You have to want this enough to stop doing the things that got us here and to start doing the things that will get us where we want to be. I hope this makes sense.

145.6 lbs and counting!
OP Since 2/6/2001 - 5'4''
On my way to being 'Fabulous by Forty!'
As of 6/13/2001 I am no longer a 350# woman!!
As of 11/23/2001 I am no longer a 300# woman!!
BMI: WAS 66 - NOW 43
397.6 / 252 / 144
Hope you all have a good night.
Closed Thread