Old 12-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #16  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi all

I am back in town following our long weekend at the WA Ironman. Brilliant! Had such a great time and have never been so active - bike riding, tennis, walking - non stop.

I am updating my blog today with a complete run down of the weekend with lots of pics so stay tuned.

Here is a pic of the main beach and jetty. Gorgeous weekend!

Be back soon

Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #17  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Caseygail-jump right in!

Daisy: what a beautiful picture. You must have a really nice camera as welll, the picture is so clear, its like I could step right through my screen to the beach-I wish!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #18  
Goodbye Fat!

Daisy: I am so jealous! I sure you had so much fun and the beach looks fabulous!

caseygail21: Welcome! Okay about the stretch marks, I got have three huge one on my belly when I gained all of my weight after college...go figure. I have been consistent and lost alot of my weight slowly about 1-2 pounds per week and putting vitamin E on marks. After losing over 40 pounds the stretch marks have not gone away and from the looks of it they never will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I think of them as motivation to never let myself get that big again and get more.

stephiewilliams: I do the stairs a work also for a pick me up and to burn calories from a big lunch with the girls

Now for myself to talk. The weather is much warmer today so will be heading out for a walk with the dogs after work today. They need exercise too right. So I had bought a big container of oatmeal to start eating for breakfast. I made the one serving size recipe and it was so huge. Oatmeal makes me full so the rest went in the trash. How much do you girls usually make when you pop it in the microwave? I made it with 1/2 a cup of dry oatmeal and 1 cup of milk w/ apples.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #19  
Proud US Navy Wife

My calories have been slightly too low for me to feel easy about.. I said I want to be between 1400 and 1600, but the last couple days have been in the 1200's... so to day I ate a bit more than normal, got up to 1545, and soon I'll be working out. Wow, I think I'll be doing both my workouts 4 times, rather than the 3 I'm aiming for. Yay me!

Other than that, nothing is really new... I was goofing around with boyfriend's camera, so I decided to put up a pic of me as a new avatar.. feel special, all! Now you know what Fae looks like.

ABaker - make sure you're eating enough! I know headaches can come on from low blood sugar. That or withdrawl are my best guesses.. I hope you feel better!

June - Ick, Im sorry you feel sick. Feel better!

Dolly - congrats on the good BMI! Isn't it fun?? And im not a big oatmeal person =/.

Stephie - that's the way to look at it.. don't let one off plan night discourage you!

Casey - welcome! And I dont know what to say about the stretchmarks.. I have them, and I doubt they'll be going away, but I could be wrong.

Daisy - that looks AMAZING! I hope you had a fantastic time.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm a little dissapointed about the stretch marks but I'm sure when I finally do lose the weight it will just be a constant reminder of the body I never want to go back to! Maybe they'll be a motivater to maintain!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 AM   #21  

i am back and have an estra 30 pounds to lose since i quit smoking...... but i am back and who missed me
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #22  
here I go again...

Welcome back, sugarbutt! Congrats on quitting the cancer sticks!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #23  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome, back Sugarbutt! What's the plan of attack? I also quit smoking in September and have had to be extra dilligent. On the flipside though, it made running easier.

Caseygail- The truth about stretch marks. Hm. To be very honest, I've always had stretch marks. They began as a child so they have had a lot of time to lighten up, which they have. When I lost weight, I noticed that as I shrank, the marks grew a bit. I have one on the inside of my arm that seemed to grow a lot. Of course, they didn't actually grow, I just shrank. On the other hand, they seemed to get lighter and less noticeable (save for the one on my arm) as I lost. Go know. It is a pain now because they are newer and therefor darker, but don't let that discourage you. They are always way more noticeable to you than to others. I think that the best treatment (other than surgery, which I don't know about) is time. By the way, welcome to
3fc!

Daisy- that picture is absolutely worthy! glad you had a good time!

I am trying to get back on track. I didn't get sick (at least not yet), but I pulled my neck muscles and went into "injured bird" mode for a couple of days. But it's supposed to be warm today, so I'm going to use that as an excuse for getting back on track with an outdoor run. Another result is that I have been craving very carby, chewy foods. I caved for a day, but got my fix so we are back to normal, thank goodness. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Anyway, happy friday everyone!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #24  

my plan of attack is hmmm..... i dont know.. i gained 30 pounds in quiting smoking it was to hard to do both... quitting was mighty difficult cause i work at a gas station and the cigs are right there behinds me and believe me i could and still can smell them... anywhere in the store... so i took my mind off of the dieting i got to my goal wieght and said its time to quit.. and when they say you gain weight as you quit they ere not lieing.... i also think i gained some back due to stress but 30 pouns later i am now not gaining anymore i am in a steady area...

anyways if that made any since to anyone if not of well this will
give me some adivice besides the whole at least1200 cal what are some other tihings i can start on to get me back on track i have done much in 3 months soo i need all the help i can get thanks a million... always jen
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #25  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay Junebug: When you said "very carby, chewy foods" you made my mouth water for some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Good thing I don't have any right now or I would be eating them. And yes this does happen to me, but I always reserved it for Saturday night at dinner. That is my time to eat what ever I want for dinner plus all the dessert and any other cravings. My stomach has shrunk though so I can not longer eat nearly as much before I start to feel full and then sick. If I didn't have this splurge once a week I would fall of the wagon for sure. So don't be so hard on yourself we all need a break once in a while.

Welcome back sugarbutt!

Fae those low calorie counts will do it you, add some high quality calories back in and I am sure your energy will be back.

So I am going with my Mom this weekend to get her a dog, a schnoodle. It is a mix of a poodle and a schnauzer. They are so cute! I just hope she goes through with it because I think it will do wonders for her (divorced after 30 years of marriage) in the happiness department. Other than that I want to get all of my Christmas shopping done this weekend and have a baby shower on Sunday afternoon. I will not eat the all the snacks and cake at the shower...I will not
Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #26  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies....
I seem to have disappeared off the face of 3FC once again. I'm having a really hard time lately with a LOT of things. I hope that once exams are over next week I'll be able to start working on myself again, and hopefully when I can get back to the therapist, she'll help me to not feel so crazy. I'll try to catch up, because being here always makes me feel better.

[edit: If anyone is interested, I updated my blog with whats been going on.]

Last edited by WastedThermos; 12-11-2006 at 01:23 AM.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #27  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back SUGARBUTT & LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #28  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning,

It's another Monday and I am waiting on Friday already. This weekend flew by with so many things to do. Eating went well except for my planned cheat meal on Saturday night. Let's just say I found my new favorite Mexican place to eat that has the best margaritas. My goal this week is to make it to the gym each day this week!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #29  
Proud US Navy Wife

*giggles* I made a two weekly chat this time! Shows how well I look at calenders.

I make things more interesting! Haha.... oh my... anyway...

Im checking my weight tomorrow again before making it official... once again, this weekend I drank a fair amount of alcohol, so althouth in the middle of the week it was reading a satisfying 187, it now says 189. Gah! No more alcohol for Fae until New Years!

And on a health wake-up call, my mother is in the hospital with chest pains and heart issues, and her bloodsugar, even with diabetic-friendly food and insulin injections (her meds are oral at home) are still twice as high as normal. She's reasonably certain that her diabetes had something to do with her heart problems, and I know (and so does she really, because my mom is insanely intelligent) that her weight and overall health isn't good either. My sister is convinced that she is going to get a phone call saying my mom went into cardiac arrest, but mom and I both think that's a bit overboard. *sigh* Im just really worried. I wish she exercised and ate like she is supposed to at home, but part of it is circumstances.... they have zero money, and when she goes grocery shopping at all she buys things that are on sale.. and those are usually not healthy. (not to mention she has other issues working against her health... but i wont get into those) Im thinking about posting something in the diabetics forum, to see if they have any suggestions I can pass on to my mom.

Lizzie - yay! You have returned!

Dolly - I know what you mean, I cant wait for Friday either!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #30  

Good afternoon ladies....

My head is briefly above water this afternoon... Taking a mental break before plunging in for the final stretch of the term, my last two exams. I finished my last term paper last night, which I am THRILLED about. I don't know why I'm an english student, I hate writing essays So thought I'd pop by to say hi.

welcome back sugarbutt and lizzie!

dolly - haha, shnoodle... my neighbor has a dorkie, a dauchsund and... what dog ends in -orkie? it's really cute though!

fae - sorry to hear about your mom. that must be really stressful... maybe you can help set a really great example for her to follow? a lot of healthy food is still pretty cheap, like beans and rice and frozen veggies. good luck to her!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote