Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #16  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

blueberry3 :

Try sparkling water! I've actually been really successful with stopping drinking water with it. Plain sparkling water with slices of lemon - very cold

newfiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #17  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Always good to meet a fellow witch, Sara! Have you dropped by the Paganchicks subfolder, lately? It's down in Alternachicks.

I've never been much of a one for sparkling water. It just doesn't taste good to me. But I've heard it's good for some people. Also, if you want a sweeter alternative to water that isn't soda, try tossing in some frozen strawberry chunks or frozen raspberries into a glass of water.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #18  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

OK I obviously have a growing cookie issue because today I ate cookies for lunch AGAIN. I was in class, it was 1:30 PM and I was getting really hungry, and my prof passed around these amazing cookies to celebrate the holidays. I had 2 and they were NOT mini cookies by far! Of course I have get the NICE profs, what a hardship.

So after class I bought some veggies from a salad bar and there's my lunch. Not great but I guess the calories won't be too bad since I skipped eating anything else. The next challenge: my work's Christmas party is at 5:30 and it's catered. The gods are just setting me up today!!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 PM   #19  
Resident Witchling

Think of it as a willpower challenge. You can do it! Decide beforehand how much you can eat - budget for it - and then enjoy what you do have!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #20  
back in the game

I rocked that party. I got out of there without eating any desert except fruit, and my dinner was reasonably healthy and a decent portion size. I'm quite surprised that I survived that!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:17 AM   #21  
Resident Witchling

Well done! Congratulations!

And I have a victory to report too. I had to pull an all-nighter last night, I only slept two hours. When I finished my assignments and turned them in, I was really tempted to stop by 7-11 for a "reward". But I stopped myself and reminded myself that that's not really a reward, since I will feel bad for it and end up paying for it later. So instead, I just basked in the feeling of being DONE with these assignments, and that was my reward. I'm proud of myself.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #22  
back in the game

That is great Nikaia, way to go! I hate all nighters!