Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #16  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have all of these vegetables girls, but I don't have the guts to juice them! I tried this beet concoction and it tasted ok. I had actually never even *touched* a beet before! I did get some all-spice and will start juicing apples for cider. I'm just trying to expand my horizons here as I'm getting into such a rut, food-wise. I dunno though, some of these recipes....

I'm starting to again believe in the power of detirmination, though! My best friend has decided to join the Navy at the age of 25 and has to lose about 50 pounds before they will sign her. She started running with me and, boy do I feel like I need a kick in the butt! She smokes, has only recently started to become active, but the girl ran circles around me! I've never seen anyone so detrmined. My runner of a boyfriend and I got back from running with her and she bolted up 3 flights of stairs when we were practiaclly crawling. It just proved to me again that if we want it that bad, it's ours. I just couldn't help but be inspired! I think it was the perfect motivation to sign up for that first race I keep *meaning* to do...

We can do it, girls!!!!!!

Fae- I will be working, too. I'm not in retail, but our facility is open over the holidays and I volunteered. It's all good. Here's to extra $$$!

sugarfree- first Thanksgiving in new home- that is so sweet! Enjoy! Awwww... Not to mention I would give anything to have a man that cooks!

Martini- I'm sorry about your stepdad. I can't believe they would misdiagnose a massive heart attack! Sounds like he may as well have stayed home and ate a cheeseburger for all the help they were, no? That's funny about the cats, btw
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #17  
Living the Laguna life...

hey guys!
work has definitely slowed down this week because of the holiday..yay! i have gained a ton of weight (ok not a ton, four pounds) over the last couple of weeks. i've been on the road for work and have not been SUPER careful about what i eat (which is pretty much a necessity when you are eating out for every meal). anyway, i'm taking advantage of the fact that i'm not traveling this week to make my own meals and bring my lunch. it's great! i've come up with a good workout schedule for the next week also that will be good for working off all those turkey day calories. i'm not too worried though because my family does it pretty healthy -- baked turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish..no majorly bad stuff. i'm also running the san francisco turkey trot that morning

june, those type of people always inspire me. its great that you're running together...it always pushes me when i am training with other people!

trns, great job on hitting that treadmill!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #18  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! So I start back up at the gym tonight. My husband bought me an elliptical trainer, so I cancelled my gym membership (that's pretty much all I did there). It turns out that I still have until January 28th because I put my account on hold for 3 months when I was really sick during my pregnancy. So I still had the 3 months left! Anywho, I have no clue how I'm going to get out of the house. I'll probably have to wait until my 6 month old goes to sleep. She's literally attached to me every waking moment (nursing) so it's hard to leave.

trnsfrmnreplace - I wish it was 90 degrees here! I live in California too and it's 5 o'clock in the evening and 57 degrees. I haven't seen 90 degrees in a few months.
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

shanon your very own eliptical... how awsome! and with your baby needing so much attention you can combine both!

Work went very well, my eating was supurb and I went to gym for a little over an hour tonight, heart racing, sweat dripping and blood pumping.. nothing is better! Im ready to tackle tomorrow!! GGRRR!!!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #20  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

oh my god, I would love to own an elliptical.

Now, if I could figure out how to knit while exercising...

haha

(btw, I'm kinda new.. )
newfiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #21  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks to all who gave me well wishes for my step dad It was really sweet of you all!

FaeReverie: That's really nice of you to buy your mom and sister a digital camera I used to be the same way. I would be all over any overtime I could get my hands on. I loved that OT money!! It's too bad you won't get to be with your family , but I hope you have fun with the girl from work!

trnsfrmnreplace:
Thanks I got the PM. I think I was mildly confused . Haha, I will check out the name you gave me! I'm also going to check him out. For the most part, I'm not easily phased, and I love anything out of the norm, or unusual As for your name, does it say "transform & replace"?

Jamie: Well, the weird thing is, I moved up by Cold Lake from Calgary, and Calgary is pretty far south, and they've had more winter storms than we have, freezing rain, and the like. But we also have our backs up against to Rocky's, lots more cold fronts. I love the diversity in Canada! Haha. I grew up on Vancouver Island. Now I just have to make it out east to see the Toronto and Mtrl nightlife, and see the Atlantic Ocean, and then I've seen it all

junebug: Way to go on the running! Exercising in groups has always been really great for motivation. It sets the expectations to an all new standard! And with juicing the veggies, just jump right in! I personally love juiced carrots, or juiced apples with a little cinnamon sprinkle. YUM, LOVE IT!

michelle: Good on you for running SF Turkey Trot. That'll help a bunch with the turkey cals.

shannon: So lucky! I love the elliptical for the low impact on the knees! Hopefully it's a lot easier with the little one.

sugarfreeprincess: Sounds like you had a great day! Great workout at the gym!

Sara:
Just jump right in, that's what I did, hehe! I couldn't see knitting on a tread mill or elliptical, but maybe on a bike of some sort? Less movement, hehe. I could only imagine how awful it would be to unwind yarn from the spinning wheel, though, lol.

@~`~,
Last night was interesting. DF and I had a HUGE row. It ended well, and I've somehow managed to get some help around the house, which is amazing. Usually the guys just sit there and watch TV or play video games while I trip all over my schedule trying to fit in taking care of them and taking care of myself. Over it now, but it made for a very sleepy evening, and a very deep sleep. I'm hovering around this weight. It's annoying me. I have to lessen my slips. Grr.

Last edited by martiniforme; 11-21-2006 at 09:40 AM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #22  
Goodbye Fat!

I can't wait for today to be over with and then no more work until next Monday. The minutes are going to drag by. I have no work to do either so that makes the time go by even slower. Looks like everyone has plans made for Thanksgiving and alot of us are eating healthy. I am going to my in-laws to relax and watch the Texas A&M vs. Texas game! Gig'em! I sure I will have to help them do some stuff on the farm, but I will look at it as exercise right. Tonight DH and I are going the A&M Bonfire. It should be just the perfect temperature in the 40s. If will be great to see a bunch of my friends from college and then we are going out.

mtp_and_hmp: I am so jealous you have your own elliptical. If you don't mind what model is it and how much did it cost?

miss michelle: Looks like you have plan of attack for this week. It's it great to be at home and actually have a schedule.

junebug41: My g-ma makes a recipes called "harvard beets" every year for christmas and they are so good. They taste like sugar and she doesn't even add sugar to them.

britomart: That dessert sounds really good.

FaeReverie: I don't envy you at all. I used to be on the other end though, grocery retail. So by Thanksgiving I was so tired I didn't even want to cook or eat...just sleep.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #23  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

dollypie - I have a New Balance 9.0 and it cost $999.99 on sale ($1,349.99). The one I really wanted was $4,999.99 haha it's the home version of what I use at the gym
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #24  
Proud US Navy Wife

Hey all!

Well, I fould (yet another) motivation. I was playing last night on the virtual model thing, entered in my specifications for where I am now, and even got the boyfriend to come over and see if it was fairly accurate body shape for me. And then, changed it to my goal.. and wow! I was in shock to see that. I know, i know, I knew I was going to be smaller, but.. I looked pretty! Haha so now Im all excited and happy... Just 50 more lbs! (Just? Oh boy)

I really should be working out now, instead of all this online playing.. since I actually have the day off, and I know I will need all the energy I can get this week! So after I post this it's cardio, shower, then call my friend to finalize Thanksgiving plans!

Jamie - have fun with the family people!

June - I know what you mean with the running, although I haven't tried it lately so I dont know how I would do. Last time I tried running with friends (a former marine and a Navy seebee) I had my bum kicked! And yay for extra money indeed.

Michelle - ack on traveling so much, and having to eat out. *hugs*

mtp - ooooo. Elliptical. Even though I don't really like ellipticals (the last time I tried one it hurt my knees like mad, but maybe I was doing it wrong?), that still sounds like a good plan.

Sara - Welcome!

Martini - thanks! thinking about it now, Im hoping I have enough money for those, the other gifts I want to buy, and giving boyfriend money towards the laptop for his mother that we (me, him, his brother, brother's gf, and his father) are all getting for her.. but boyfriend said if Im short, he'll give me the money and it can be from both of us. Yay! And make him work around the house! I do most of the cleaning too, but I do make him get off his bum once a week and vaccume the apartment, pick up a bit. .

Dolly - Arg, I know the feeling about wanting work to just be over. But the bonfire and stuff sound like fun, I hope you have a great time!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #25  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Now, if I could figure out how to knit while exercising...
I'm fairly convinced that if we could figure out how to do this, it would be the answer to world peace.

I know they make treadmill desks now with computer hook ups like this . At least that would let me look at knitting patterns and write papers. This picture's from a segment on NPR that was really interesting about figeting and proventing obesity. Right here.

Anyways, I haven't been great or even good this week. I've been ok. I haven't been horrid. I'm sure it's going to show on the scale though; I'll be glad to maintain. That's ok though, because I needed a little mental and physical break. I'm back on track now, though.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go workout now. I'll try to pop back in later!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #26  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Everyone is so busy, looks like it's going to be an eventful week !
I'm still trying to make it through the end of the day , looking forward to this weekend. By the way, when is Thanksgiving? (I know it's sometime this week?)
trnsfrm, I know what ya mean! My extended famly are also far away, I miss celebrating Christmas with them, or going out at New Years together. It feels different without them.

Happy Thanksgiving, girls ....and a great week to everyone.
Will probably fill you in on the heavy storms and beach patrolling next week . Weather here is getting pretty bad. First the haze we had over here, now the heavy rain and thunder...ARGH!
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #27  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

dollypie- I'm SO jealous.

Go Texas Really though, have fun at the bonfire!

Lisa- that picture! I would break my face in about 30 seconds doing that.

Fae- I know 50 pounds looks like a lot. I always looked at it in ten pound increments when I hit that mark (we started at about the same spot). I wish I had that visual motivator though... how cool!

Well, I finally juiced the beets. And you know? It wasn't half bad! I threw it in with some apples and cucumbers and lime and it was really good. I also made cider from fresh apple juice and cooked it with some hibiscus tea. It balanced out all the raw stuff I've been eating. But the experimentation is over. I'm back at work through the holiday (yuck). I think I'm going to have to give up running outside, at least in my neighborhood. I keep picking up these weird random people. I guess they make me run faster, but it freaks me out a little bit.

Oh. I chopped up the beet leaves and used it as salad lettuce and it was SO GOOD.

Anyway, I hope you all have safe travels over the holidays and enjoy your families!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #28  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay Bonfire was great fun, saw alot of old friends. Today I am just cleaning up the house a bit and packing to go to in-laws. We will leave once my husband gets off work at noon. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

junebug: Are you a t-sip fan? I will be a great moment when the Aggies beat the Longhorns of Friday!

theobviouschild: Have you seen the small pedal bike that will fit under a desk so you can mimic riding a bike at your desk? My MIL go one after her knee surgery to do on the couch.

Fae: What is the website for the virtual model thing you are talking about? Sounds interesting
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #29  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

So, everyone... do you take care of your teeth?

I'm going to admit that I haven't for some years really. Brushing maybe once a day (I know.. gross), flossing a couple times a week..

Know what I figured out yesterday?

YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T DO THAT!!

I can give the excuse that I've been so depressed, battling with psychiatric disorders+weight isn't the most lovely of things, but I'm so glad I caught my teeth while they were still salvageable.

I had a 1.5-hour cleaning yesterday - was told I have wicked gingivitis and a lot of verysmall cavities. The dentist told me to stop drinking pop (which I decided anyways.. ) and things would be okay.

And then yesterday night (I work nights), I had to leave work because I had SUCH A HUGE HEADACHE. I blame this on going cold turkey from pop (which is free at work.. dear..) and not having the caffeine. I felt like my eyes were popping out of my head and I was sure if I had a drill that I could've drilled into my head and relieved some pressure.

Then I realized.. why would I want to drink something that makes me FEEL this way once I stop?!

I don't.
newfiesara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #30  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys!
happy day before t-day
i am super excited for the next couple of days...good food, good friends...i am just going to remember how what i eat makes me feel. i'm sitting at my brother's desk right now, and he has two see's candies sitting out (he eats so much chocolate and has about -1% body fat of course). i almost had one, but then i remembered that i didn't really need it and it was going to taste exactly the same as the last time i had a see's. and i'm sitting right here in front of it just saying no! i wish it were always this easy! i have a feeling the next couple of days will be just what i need...i want to get back to be my usually healthy, happy self!!

june, that juice sounds delicious!! i am thinking about getting a juicer..was it really expensive? hm..maybe a christmas present??

lisa, i would die to have a desk like that!! some of the managers at my company have been getting stand-up desks...so much better for your back! of course, us junior kids can't get them in our cubes

fae, you've been doing great. trust me, 50 pounds seems like a lot, but as you lose weight you will be so happy with your progress and what you look like that you won't lose the motivation!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote