Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Unhappy how would you feel????

ok soo.. . . i just saw a picture of my old best friend from high school that has always been heavier then me . and well now she looks like i did then and i look like two of the old her. i feel so down. and i want to look like she does . it hurts to see how big i've gotten .
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I can commiserate. My best friend (still from high school) was always bigger than me & as an adult - well, she's most definitely not the big one.

Sometimes on the elliptical I try to use that as motivation to push harder.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 AM   #3  

at least im not alone . i found it so discouraging. i should look at it as you do. motivation. but she looks so pretty now . i feel so ugly . ha ha i know that sounds silly. i dont know how someone else looking better makes me feel like im looking worse . what does your excerSIZE plan consist of. im trying turbo jam.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #4  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

see now - I have been then the luckier - no that is a bad word - because it is bad - i saw a picture of a best friend of mine in JH who in HS told me I needed to lose weight (prob thinner than I am now) and she is way bigger now than I have ever been. hrm....am I bad?
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I agree with Lifeguard.
You can see this as something to bring you down, or...
You can use it as the ultimate motivator.

And remember, your beauty and intelligence does not lie within your body size. This is a common misconception that media and society has hailed upon the women of this world. And look what it's done?

You deserve more than that, and you are worth more than that. Your weight can be a temporary thing if you have the resolve to do something about it. And please remember, if you change your weight for anyone but you, you may not get the desired results emotionally that comes with weightloss.

You know what you need? A good pampering. You should pamper your mind, body and spirit. Maybe get a massage, or go get your hair done, get some nails done, something like that Anything. Anything that makes you feel pampered.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Mande and Lifeguard are right on. Especially on this:
Quote:
And please remember, if you change your weight for anyone but you, you may not get the desired results emotionally that comes with weightloss.
It has to be about YOU and what YOU want for YOURself. I think losing weight is a process that requires us to be a lot more self-focused and almost selfish than we are used to being. Many women I know, myself included, are givers and don't take enough time for ourselves. We'll burn ourselves out supporting our friends/family, or with work, or with school, or with all of the above.

So amen to the pampering. Do something really nice for yourself.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #7  

wow. im so blessed to have found this site. thank you . you all said exactly what i really needed to hear. i like the sound of being pampered
Old 11-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #8  
Losing To Live

So, share the digs!! What did you do to pamper?
And trust me, we are just as blessed by you as you are by us
Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #9  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Oh girl, believe me I have been there! Earlier this year I was at the gym and saw this girl I went to highschool with. She was always way bigger than I was (and let me tell ya, I was/still am very big.) She would always make me feel stupid for not having the "cool" clothes (b/c I couldn't fit into them!! I was always preplexed how she claimed to have gotten them..)
Anywho, I saw her at the gym and she looked awesome!! I'm talking, a good 100 pd weight loss for sure. So I go home and tell my mom this (she remembered what she was like in HS.) and what does my mom say?? "well maybe you can use this to get yourself into the gym more and do the same thing she did.." Granted, I COULD use it as motivation, but hearing it come from your mother that way sucked.
You're definitely not the only one, that's for sure. And the pampering idea? LOVE IT - I gotta try that myself!
Good luck with everything!!!
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #10  

wellllll..... i took the longest bath in the world. lol. with bath beads and all . i read a cute book.did a hair treatment a face mask . painted my nails when i got out. and when i woke up ,i put on some pretty clothes (to make me feel pretty) and did my make-up it worked!!!! now i just have to do this every night lol thanks you guys! p.s . MEGAN2006 that does suck. but were in it together . lets get some thin revenge lol
Old 11-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #11  
Losing To Live

Skinny revenge? HAHAHAHA! Have you ever heard the comedian Jen Kober?
Funny as ****! You can check out some of her standup at her MySpace. http://www.myspace.com/jenkober.

Watch the "Fat, Funny, Fearless" skit! You will laugh your butt off! I <3 that chick! She makes me feel good all over!

I should say, though, it all depends on your humour, and she makes fun of her weight, so if you don't find humour in it, you shouldn't watch! Just a little clause for those who want to be warned
Old 11-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #12  

thanks im checking her out now. . .
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

There have been a lot of good points given on the board, and true the struggle for weight loss and to just get healthy is YOUR OWN personal JOURNEY and know one elses....

That being said...

UGH! I totally know the feeling, and it sucks. Especially when weight has been an issue for you for awhile... I had a close friend and we always complained about weight TOGETHER and we started a program, (a healthy balanced one) and I just couldn't commit to it... She did, and it wasn't overnight, it was more like a year and half later shes running marathons, back to dancing (our shared first love) and looks just great, and seems so happy... And I'm still the heavy girl talking about the workouts I'm going to do tomorrow... Hahahaha
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #14  

im telling you guys this is our motivation . . . those damn skinny girls have done it to all of us lol its time for thin revenge if a skinny girl is reading this. be on our side tell us how you did it
Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #15  
Losing To Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeqeegrl View Post
im telling you guys this is our motivation . . . those damn skinny girls have done it to all of us lol its time for thin revenge if a skinny girl is reading this. be on our side tell us how you did it
Hahaha, so you did watch it!
"Skinny B*tch! I'm talkin' to you!"