Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Busy busy busy, like always. Went out to Dinner with some friends last night and ordered a vegetable soup. Go me huh (Did I forget to mention that it was an Italian Rest. where they served my fave, Fettucine Alfredo!)

Trying to continue the good eating on into today really emphasizing portion control. Oh and mind control ... "I will go to the grocery store tonight, I will go to the grocery store tonight..." lol

michelle - That is super weird about your weigh ins! You can't think of anything different, something in your diet even? Ooh no travel this week eh? Well have some fun at the grocery store for me!

bakerchick - Yeah I could "sponser" a couple of butt lifts and still have a ghetto booty myself rofl. Love love love spinning, never had music too loud though.

brito - I could use a kick *** body lol. Love the new avatar, and way impressed you can knit.

martini - I think a treadmill would be a good idea. You know if you are just looking for something high quality to work out on I had a Sportcraft TX 4.9. They sell that at Walmart for about 200.00 but may be less now. Is a really good peice of equipment.

fae - Thanks for the love hun! I always love getting new cookbooks! Sounds like you are having fun.

jenicra - COngrats on your 3 year 1 day anniversary!

Lisa - WTG Girl! 23 lbs is a huge success, keep it up!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #32  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

stephiewilliams: Thanks, I'm going to check it out!
jenrica: Congratulations, and happy anniversary!
Fae: turns out I burned 296 cals shoveling snow for just over 30 minutes. DF keeps trying to bring the quad over from the shop to shovel the walk and driveway, but I'm keeping firm, it's my little extra bit this winter to keep those extra winter pounds from coming on! So... I guess there's something good about snow, but I'll never admit that to snow itself!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #33  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I am finally back into my normal routine. Up at 5, workout, breakfast, and then to work. I am going to get a massage after work today and I am so excited. Relaxation the best thing in the world!

Brit: I left D.C. on an early morning flight and weather was horrible. I thought my cab driver was going to slide off the road and kill me...horrible driver... Saturday I went to the Veteran's Day Ceremony at Arlington Nat'nl Cemetary, it was very moving.

stephanie: smart move on ordering the soup and not the fet alfredo...pat yourself on the back!

theobviouschild: on the weight lose!

Fae: That is so funny, my DH and I do the same thing with cook books so we can try new things

miss michelle: The only thing I can think of is are you keeping your water intake consistent everyday? If you are not drinking alot of water one day and then alot the next your body might be retaining it.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #34  

Hey girls!

You all make me really want to try an exercise class. i do the eliptical EVERY morning so kickboxing or taebo sounds cool. My problem is I have been bad knees so yoga and spinning are out.

I don't know how much I've gained or lost since I've started back on 3FC because I am still scared to weigh myself. I haven't binged for 2 weeks so that's a start, but I have gone up a pant size since I graduated college about 6 months ago (whoah 6 months?!? seems like yesterday).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #35  
Losing To Live

CookieMonster416: How about something like jump rope, or exercise with one of the exercise balls?
dolly: I'm jealous!!! I want a massage hahaha! Curious, when waking up at 5am, what time do you usually get to bed?

I just got the best e-mail from my brother. I've been also posting the weight I'm losing on my MSN subtext, and he saw.

"You lost 6 pounds little sis......F***IN GOOD ON BABE!!! I'm proud of you and the accomplishment. Keep up the good work, and Mande, you keep me posted. You can do anything just stay determined!!! LOVE ya KIDDO *BIGBRO* JER"

This is a huge deal to me because both of my twin brothers are quazzi body builders. Ron is major league baseball material, and Jeremie is a hockey and sport nut. When I was growing up, they used to tease me because I was chubby and I have a big bone structure. And yes, my bros' names are "Ron" and "Jeremie." Teehee!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #36  
Goodbye Fat!

martiniforme - I usually go to bed anywhere between 10pm and 12am depending on how tired I am
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #37  
here I go again...

Hey everyone!

I had a rotten day at work today and wanted to come post before eating so I don't take my emotions out on my refrigerator !!

cookiemonster: have you ever tried pilates? It's mostly small, precise moves that aren't so hard on your body... just your core

martini- that was very sweet of your brother Are you looking to become a morning person? I get up between 4am and 5am depending on what workout I plan to do. Luckily, my gym and work share a parking lot, so it's super convenient. I must say that I LOVE working out in the morning... I figure that if I didn't get up so early, I would just sleep late and waste my precious evening hours (which become your only free time) at the gym... I try to go to bed around 10:30

Stephie- we should start a non-profit for butt-lift donations (of fat, I guess we could accept money too) haha!!! Good job with the non-alfredo dinner! You are a strong woman.

Dollypie- How was the massage? I always tell myself that when I lose x # of pounds that I'll get one, but it never seems to pan out.

Okay, now to brave the kitchen in search of nutritious and yummy dinner.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #38  
Losing To Live

ABaker: I will NEVER be a morning person. Regardless, I get up around 6:30 am to get the hubby off to work by 7am. Then I go to the gym at 8am, then to work at 9am (on foot). I'm finding that I'm just not getting enough time in the mornings to get everything done Sooo... I was going to try getting up at 5-5:30am, see how that goes. Normally I go to bed around 12, so if I go to bed an hour earlier, it shouldn't be that hard, right?

RIGHT!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #39  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi ladies

well, i have been eating like there is no tomorrow. i am feeling really ashamed of what i ate last night. my cravings seem to be getting stronger the week before TOM over the past few months and I am just giving into them. Today I am being held accountable and will do my absolute best to stay on track and not overeat.

dollypie - i am wanting to start workingout in the mornings too. nothing major - just a walk/jog with the doggies before the day heats up. now, i just need to master getting my butt out of bed in the morning. i hope you have a great massage!

stephie - way to go with the self control! italian restaurants are my weakness too. all that bread and pasta. the soup was a great choice and i bet you feel fantastic about your decision.

theobviouschild - congratulations on your loss! what a great total loss so far - 23lbs!

jenicra - happy anniversary what a great testament to how 3FC really keeps us going

fae - i do the same with a new cookbook! i flag the pages and then give the book to my boyfriend who puts an additional flag if he agrees and would like to try the recipe. its exciting isn't it!?

britomart - love the new avatar! i recently thought the same thing as you about the joining date and where I have come (or stayed) since then. We need to turn it into a positive. I know I have learnt alot in that timeframe and it is making the journey a little easier than before I joined. What are your positives?

canadianmickey - i am sorry to hear about your separation. as hard as it may have been it sounds like you made the right choice for you! I hope your friend is better too.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #40  

Wow you ladies are chatty

Today I've been the picture of dicipline eating-wise. It's awesome. Now just to keep it up! I've been eating a lot lately, and I don't really get it. I know part of it is lack of discipline, but also... hmm. I don't know. Well, I seem to have skipped my TOM this go-round, as it was supposed to visit a week and a half ago. Seems to be a no-show. Since I'm LDRing and have been away from the FH for quite a while, I don't think it's pregnancy. I think maybe stress has screwed up my body temporarily. This has only happened twice before, so it's kind of throwing me. But I wonder if my weird half-depressed mentality and desire to eat, eat, eat of the past few weeks is related to the absent TOM? Like, even though TOM doesn't quite show up, I get all the negative outcomes associated with it?

Anyway, I'm planning on getting up early before class tomorrow and getting in a workout, as I haven't done much in the way of exercise lately. Well, deliberate exercise anyway... plenty of walking and stuff. All this talk of you ladies getting up in what I consider the wee hours of the morning is exhausting!! I'm lucky to even see 7:00 on my clock... You guys must get so much stuff done, you have so much awake time! I feel like I'm sleeping half my days away... but can't make myself get up earlier.....

Fae - if you haven't noticed, I'm a recipe fiend (more of a cooking fiend).... if you find anything good in there, please share!!

jen - wow, 3 years! good for you for staying committed this long!

obviouschild - congrats on the loss, that's awesome news

martini - it's so nice to see family support each other! with me and my sister, we don't really talk about weight related stuff because I'm not really comfortable talking about it with her... she makes everything feel like a competition. So yay for you and your bro. (And Ron Jeremie... hahaha... If only your parents could tell the future!)

stephie - haha, okay, you got me. kick *** body. but you're getting there, soon you'll have EVERYTHING!

daisy - I'm with you, I'm trying to look at it in a positive light... I mean, I sure have learned a lot since joining. And met all you lovely people And who's to say that in another year, I won't be at goal? How cool would that be??
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #41  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks chicas for all the nice words!! I pulled out some pictures of me at my heaviest, and I can really see a difference. Can't wait for the next 23 lbs!!

Jaime- I'd go get that checked out if it continues. Sometimes stress can knock things off kilter, but it can also be your hormones acting up and you may need meds to fix it. And I think it's different with brothers. Sure the sibling-rivalry is there, but it's different. I talk to my bro about my weight issues, but I think if I had a sister (especially if she was like Sam, athletic and thin), I wouldn't be able too. And congrats on being "good" eatting-wise, you can keep it up!

Abakerchick- For me, 3FC has the magical power to keep me from doing that! Hope it does for you too!

Martini- Aww, your bros sound like sweethearts (now, I'm sure they were hellions as kids). Are they tall and cute? Wanna introduce me? And yay for walking to work!! I walk everywhere these days and I actually have started to look forward to my 2 mile walk to class. (The ****?! Since when do I look forward to exercise rather than dread?)

Daisy- Today is a new day, you have a fresh start! Keep going, I know you can get there! I hate how the guilt and eating are so intertwined; you eat badly -> feel guilty -> eat worse. It's a cycle, but you can break it.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:47 AM   #42  
Losing To Live

britomart: Same with my sister and I. Except, it's not so much competition as it is her having to always be right. The difference in our diets is that when she wants to lose weight, she cuts her meals down to once a day, and very small. I'm trying to educate her, but she'll never learn until she realizes that she doesn't actually know I don't think my parents even know who Ron Jeremy is!

theobviouschild: Way to go on the loss! I can only imagine how much the difference must be. You must look absolutely fabulous!! And yes my bros were hellians. I can say they're tall... umm cute? How about I say I'm cute... and they look a lot like me. I'm not quite mature enough to admit my brothers are handsome hahaha.

daisy: A lot of us can relate to that dilemma (well, not so much me lately as TOM hasn't been around for quite a few months :S). You have the best frame of mind handling it, though. Today is a new day, and you are determined to succeed. You go, girl!

--

Well, today was a great day! I didn't count calories, I was sick and just not in the mood, but I have a really good feeling. Instead of reaching for all the crap, I reached for only good. I tried my best to listen to my body. And all day I kept craving orange juice with pulp. I had about 4 glasses!!! I also tried the Cal-Wise Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese, but substituted about 3/4 of the cheddar cheese with Mozza (made with slim milk).

And I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but there is this cute little fluffy cat hanging around our house a lot in the last month. We thought he was homeless, so we started feeding him. Since then, it's gotten really cold out and snowy, and I worry about him. Well, I finally found his owner! It turns out she has asthma, and he has to live outside, and I offered to adopt, and she accepted! So Cabouche (2 yrs) is now a part of our little family. He is living upstairs in the spare room. I'm going to wait about a week before I start introducing him to Neda and Laila. I want them to just get used to eachother's smells to start. But I was soooo happy when we went to pick him up!!! He's soo fluffy, and jet black. Love him!

Lately I've been having problems eating all the food I plan because I'm not used to eating so many calories on a regular basis, and I have now managed to split my foods so that I eat every 2 hours between 6am and 10pm. I will feel like I'm constantly eating, but atleast mentally it might be easier to consume the food if it's not all in a lump. 9 snacks a day with 2 main meals (brekkie and supper). Wooo. Goodnight!

P.S. Sorry for being so chatty today, I was sick and had nothing better to do. So instead of eating, I rocked out on my laptop. And besides, I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:42 AM   #43  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all

Haven't done any excercise at all, although I've been chasing the kitten these last two hours so I may count that as excercise for today . Other than that, I've been busy (and sleepy) most days. I've been feeling a bit hot lately, not because of the hot weather over this side of the globe. But for the past month it has been raining, and I'm thinking sudden weather change may have something to do with it. Hopefully it goes away as fast as it came
Family from UK are coming over this Saturday, and I'm really looking forward to see them. We barely see any of my mothers family since we're so far apart(and too many off them too!).
People I haven't seen in months have commented on how much weight I've lost. It's funny, I can't seem to see it . Of course, I see me in the mirror everyday But still, I don't feel any different except reducing in clothes sizes.
Anyway, enough of my blabbering!

Fae - By the way you describe it, the recipes promise some healthy, mouthwatering dishes

Lisa - Yay that is fantastic! Congrats!

Stephie - Fettucine is my fav too. Pasta is one of my biggest weaknesses (next to bread) but I just can't resist them whenever I go out to eat-!

jenicra - Wow over 3 years! Congrats on keeping off the weight too !

CanadianMickey - I hope all is well for you, even when you seemed to be in low spirits you still strived to be cheery. Good luck hun

Daisy - You can do it . I tend to crave after TOM, for some odd reason

martini - Oh my, I can't tear myself away from this place either! If I have access anywhere, I always go straight to 3FC . It's getting in the way of things...oh that is bad (but good in other terms!)

Like many of you, I WANT to get up in the morning and excercise but I have no motive to get up so early. Even if I do, I would decide to pay 3FC a visit instead.

Oh well , best of luck this week to all you girls! I'm off to finish some work (another deadline... dread dread)

Last edited by passionfruit; 11-16-2006 at 05:45 AM. Reason: silly typo
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:18 AM   #44  
Samantha

S/C/G: 136/129/112

Height: 4'11

Unhappy New to this forum

Hi everyone....I'm a newbie here and had some questions for you. First my weight has always fluctuated by about 10 lbs here and there and I never seem to stick to anything. I was just wondering what are some of your motivations and where do you get the will power to stick to it? I've been on a small weight loss kick and I really want to stick to it this time. Frankly I'm a bit terrified of Thanksgiving because me and my husband visit his family who are big country cookers and never seem to think you can eat enough...how do i turn food down? I'm likely to put back on the 6 pounds ive lost in just one day lol. Just need some advice I guess...Thanks
laydeebug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #45  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok thats it. All you morning workout-ers are making me want to torture myself and attempt it. I have been dragging in the mornings and with an hour commute in rush hour traffic I cannot afford to be sleepy. Maybe this is the workout wake up jolt I am looking for. Plus it will be done for the day which means more time to spend with my hubby. Tomorrow BEFORE (god even as I say it, it sounds EARLY and terrible rofl) work I am going to go workout.

Tonight is a work dinner. I have a menu and a plan. Now I just have to know I am so worth sticking to it.

dolly - Thanks. You know I always seem to know what I need to do to lose the weight and get in great shape but it always feels like such an accomplishment when I actually DO it. Oooh massage, hope you enjoyed it!

cookie - Just hold off on weighing yourself and instead focus on how you feel, how your clothes fit. The loss will come with time.

martini - Thats so great of your brother. Family tells it like it is. What a great NSV!

bakerchick - lol I could make a fortune rofl. Sorry your day at work went bad, that seems to happen to the best of us. Hope the rest of your night went well.

Daisy - You know I do feel pretty good about my decision. And just taking control of my eating for that one meal is giving me the motivation I need to continue the trend. It is empowering for me since eating is something I usually have such a little amount of control over. STAY ON TRACK Girl! You know what it does when you don't and how you feel. You deserve better. You rock and you know it! Lets show it! rah rah rah haha just felt like being your cheerleader since I was rhyming lol.

brito - Great job on being the perfect eater. How do you do it, let me in on your secret lol!

passion - Good luck on the family coming over and PS: Take every compliment you can get lol.

Samantha - Welcome to 3fc! Once you get started on looking awesome you won't let 'being polite' mean you have to eat and eat and eat. I have a picture I keep in my wallet for motivation. I am also a big believer in fake it till you make it. Pretend to be the person who eats right, loves veggies, can't stand to miss a workout and evetually you become that. Remember it takes 21 days to form a habit.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote