3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **Weekly Chat - 6 Nov - 12 Nov** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/97555-%2A%2Aweekly-chat-6-nov-12-nov%2A%2A.html)

Daisy Boo 11-05-2006 11:22 PM

**Weekly Chat - 6 Nov - 12 Nov**

Morning ladies

I hope everyone has had a great, but on plan, weekend. I had a couple of slip ups but am eager to rectify them. Unfortunately I saw a 100g gain on Sunday. However I know I didn't deserve a loss so I am not kidding myself.

Congrats to Lockitup, ABakerchick and mtp and hmp on reaching your goal exercise minutes for October. You rock!!

We got out yesterday across the road to our national park. Its fantastic having such easy access to. I didn't realise until recently. I am looking forward to the day when I can go for a jog through the park - it has a great trail. I took a few pics from our walk of the wetlands. I am sure the lake will be drying up soon - the warmer weather is approaching.

The main project for the weekend for me was going through all my pics and finally doing some editing and cropping and updating my image host site. It felt great to be doing something creative.

Talk soon

Canadian_Mickey 11-05-2006 11:53 PM

Hey Daisy! Good job on the walking! Just remember this is a new week to start fresh! :)

My weekend was pretty good! I made an amazing stir-fry tonight! I was quite impressed with myself! My eating habits have sort of gotten a little out of whack, not eating too much, cause I haven't been feeling well. My endo has really been bothering me the past few days.:( With the snow I've been doing alot of shovelling...which is blah! I hate snow! Hehe!!!

Marineswife85 11-06-2006 01:32 AM

Hey ladies.. Well no weight loss the last few days but no weight gain so its all good. This morning i woke up at 5am with a killer headache, took my migrane meds and passed out on the couch.. woke up at 8 with the headache slightly gone, then had to take another later on because it was coming back.. That didnt even touch the migrane, then i had to take ANOTHER a little while ago and finally its going away.. I think my husband really felt bad for me lol i was in tears with my head in his lap while he rubbed my temples.. Usually when i say i dont feel good he goes off on how he doesnt feel good either blah blah blah.. Im just glad im starting to feel better tonight because atleast ill be able to sleep...
But tomorrow im hoping i can get out for a walk if im still feeling ok. I really need to, and i feel guilty for not going today.. I wish i could have even taken a 10 min walk but i felt so crappy :-(.. I think when i go back to the DR on the 20th im gonna demand she do some tests on my head instead of just medicating me and sending me on my way.... thats the one thing i hate about military doctors, they just want to medicate you the cheapest way possible to save money, and i understand that because they get alot of people coming in there with phantom stuff to get the meds.. im sure you all get what i mean.. But me, i cant take this stuff.. Sorry for my complaining, its just right now i dont have anyone to vent too lol. *sigh*
On the other hand, im really looking forward to making a healthy thanksgiving dinner. Im trying to find some nice healthy recipes to make it still good, not bland or anything.. I know it could be a day to just "binge" and enjoy myself but i cant do that right now.. Im too close to fallin off the wagon again. And my son will be 2 years old on the 18th of this month, and im still not back to my pre preg weight.. I got down to 199 (from about 240ish after he was born) from 5 months after i had my son, then Jason got back and i shot back up to 215, then went up and down from there. I was probably about 180ish when i GOT prego, and i had shot up from 140 over the year before that. Im not even asking to be that thin again lol, id be happy with under 200 at the moment! hehe.. Well i should wrap this up becasue im babbling, but congrats to all those that met their exercise goals for october! Im hoping i dont have many more sick days so i can atleast meet my low goal of 600 lol *hugs girls* thanks for listening to me rant!

passionfruit 11-06-2006 08:15 AM

Hello all (don't mind if I budge in)

Marineswife85 - Hope you recover soon and that the vent had taken some things out of your head :)

Ah, well...my weekend was also a bit of a 'pain' too. I got a lovely, little yet painful mouth ulcer on my gum. It felt like a terrible toothache and couldn't eat properly, so I had soup for the two days for dinner (and was planning a delicious baked potato with tuna and cottage cheese). But other than that, I have not gained or lost (currently having words with the scale!). Oh well, here's to a better week :D

Marineswife85 11-06-2006 11:23 AM

at 210 this morning!!!! Im soooo happy!

Canadian_Mickey 11-06-2006 03:41 PM

Louise: Sorry to hear about your mouth ulcer! I hope it goes away for ya soon!

Heather: Good job on the loss chica!!! You're doing amazing!!! You'll be in the 100's before you know it! So proud of you! :)

Today I'm really lacking motivation. I've been eating pretty good, or at least what I've been eating. I'm still feeling pretty icky! I weighed myself yesterday at my parents and lost half a pound! :) Not exactly fantastic, but better then nothing. This neighbor of ours gave us all her left over halloween candy! Little chocolate bars, and some starburst and skittles. And so far I've limited myself to, if I do any exercise I get one candy that day, and that's my limit. So far I've been good at it. They are hidden away, so I'm not tempted, and they aren't in eyeview.

Marineswife85 11-06-2006 04:34 PM

LOL i had the mentality of gettin halloween candy out of the house as fast as possible hehe.. so yeah its gone now lol.. but man, i was so sick of candy at the end.. and i felt sick too

miss michelle 11-06-2006 07:37 PM

hey girlies!
don't worry, i didn't forget about you! last week was just really busy with work..i started a new project in dallas...it's fun, but i hate hate hate eating out all the time. i have been getting better though...it's so hard to go out and eat half of a salad. people think i'm so weird! well, i would rather people think i'm weird than shovel down a huge steak :dizzy: i weighed in at 140.4 this morning, so only two pounds to go for my thanksgiving challenge! totally do-able if i eat healthy this week and don't over do it on anything. i am about to go to dinner right now (steakhouse, oh joy) so wish me luck!! ;)

michelle

FaeReverie 11-06-2006 07:43 PM

Hey everyone! Sorry I disappeared for a bit.. my posting may be less than normal this month, due to heavy involvment in NaNoWriMo, but I'm still here, lurking, and losing! This morning's weigh-in was at 193, which baffles and excites me, and is probably due to...

An insane cold. For 3 days now I have not counted calories or exercised, the former because Im pumping myself with chicken soup, green tea, juice and yes, I admit it, hot chocolate (mainly for my throat, because hot things sooth it and I can't drink hot tea. The good stuff from tea for your throat, like honey, I get from the green tea) and the latter because I've been super light-headed. I left work early yesterday, and called off today, so that's when you know its bad! (this has ruined my 2 years straight of not calling off of work! Bah!) Tomorrow though, I am determined to get back on track with my eating (which in reality hasn't been horrible, but I will go back to counting) and my working out (except if I get any insane sickness feelings, which I doubt).

Canadian - Good for you! I know what its like with the candy.. luckily, the only candy in the house that I like are the mini peanut butter cups, and there is maybe one of those left.. I've been eating one a day. :)

passion - Gah! I'm sorry about your mouth. :( I hope it feels better soon.. and that you get the scale to go down!

marines - Ew. I hope your feeling better, and that the doctor can find out what's causing it! *hugs*

Daisy - aren't trails amazing? I love going hiking, or going for walks in the wetlands preserve with my friends when I go visit my mother. Just wander in there and get lost... *G* One of my dreams is to someday be able to go jogging among the wildlife. :)

martiniforme 11-06-2006 08:33 PM

I LOVE NaNoWriMo!!!

WastedThermos 11-07-2006 12:58 PM

Hey ladiiiess...
We must be starting a little slow this week. Things with the musician are confusing. I'm pretty sure he is interested, but he isn't rushing to be physical so I'm confused. Maybe he is a good guy? :dizzy: Maybe not. :dizzy: I feel so stalkerific. I have to keep myself from calling him because I'm pretty sure I already appear too eager. Grarr.

Eating has been pretty good except for sunday when nachos and large quantities of gin and tonics were involved. Otherwise, I think my appetite is under control. I'm going to try to up my calories from like.. 8-4 during the day so I'm not starving by bed time. I've been in a weird habit of eating like 600 calories until I work out at night and then wanting to eat around 10pm. Not good, but I'm working on it. It is hard to talk myself into eating when I don't want to since this isn't a feeling that happens very often.

I finally weighed this morning and I'm down 4lbs from the last time I weighed (which was a while ago) but still 4lbs up from my ticker weight. I can't bring myself to update it, and I'm hoping that the downward progression will continue so I don't have to. Now I just have to get through a day of work with yummy food. I tried to fill up on mixed green salad so I'm not going to even LOOK at the dessert table.

Amanda- I'm sure snow shoveling counts as exercise! I would hate to do that too. Lucky for me, all we get is cold nasty rain most of the time. And congrats on your loss!!

Heather- Sorry about your headaches, that sounds awful! I'm glad you`re feeling a little better today. And don't stop nagging those doctors until they can fix you!!

Louise- Hope you`re feeling better too!!

Michelle- Good for you for not giving into the eating out syndrome. It is so easy to over eat at those types of places. So, let those people look at you like you`re crazy. It isn`t their body!

Fae- Aw, I hate that feeling, but at least it is keeping you on track calorie wise probably. Hope you start feeling better too :)

Jeeze, is everyone sick around here?

Dreamer85 11-07-2006 05:02 PM

I need help! Seriously, I can't get it together, I just can't focus on anything that I need to, and its putting me so off track and so behind on any/everything important in my life. I just need to get it STRAIGHT! Why is this weight loss thing so hard for me? Sometimes I feel like I don't know HOW to lose weight without eliminating things completely from my diet which causes me to crack? And I'm just so exhausted with buying more and more books trying to educate myself and reading the same thing... Good thing its actually my field so its good to know the information...

Speaking of which, I just bought both of the YOU books, You: the Manual, and You: On a diet... We'll see how those goes... Maybe if I can actually make time and do everything else I need to instead of watching MTV's Parental Control reruns I'll get my life together...

Hope all you American chicas voted! NO! Don't start a political debate :) Just checkin' to see you all did you "civic" duties as United Statians... hahahaha as opposed to Americans

Daisy Boo 11-07-2006 08:25 PM

morning ladies

melbourne cup day came and went yesterday and it was relatively uneventful for me. only those that live in the melbourne metro area get a public holiday so i still worked yesterday but we had a little lunch put on by work for the race.

big news is that i have finally posted by "before" pics on my blog and have made the committment that by November 1st 2007 i will be in a bikini and posting the pictures for the world to see whether i am a size 20 or a size 8 (hopefully the latter!). i told G (my boyfriend) and his kids last night. G said that that was his goal too - to be in a bikini by November next year :lol: he's a funny man ;)

i am off to the shops today at lunch to buy some fruit as we have eaten nearly all of the fruit i bought on saturday. i am having 2-3 pieces a day at the moment and the kids are having fruit each day in their lunch box and then before and after school. i am feeling very happy that it is only wednesday and i need to buy more fruit.

canadian_mickey - wow snow! we have had the air conditioner on each night because it is warming up quite quickly and we have constant rain clouds threatening to unleash themselves. it just makes things more humid as it builds up.

heather - congratuations on your loss! its just the start of more to come i bet ;)

fae - what is NaNoWriMo?

wastedthermos - that dreaded ticker. i love it when it goes down but try to ignore it when i should be going up in weight. never mind - keep up the good work and the next time you update it - you will be going down the scale :D

dreamer - i hear you. i have bought countless books that just tell me the same thing and the things we already knew; move more, eat less. you will get it - it just has to click. for me i think it was only recently when i decided either i stay here in life or i choose to change and grow (or shrink hopefully :) ). Keep at it and you will "see the light". we are always here for you.

michelle - hi :wave: 2lbs is totally doable before thanksgiving!

passionfruit - i hope your toothache/ulcer is better

FaeReverie 11-07-2006 08:41 PM

*dies* I finally got my second month of PUSH, and good lord.. the cardio I picked (kickboxing) is HARD! I worked up quite a sweat.. and Im thrilled. I love high impact workouts.

I think Im better, at least better enough to function. Been watching calories again today. Im being a GOOD fae! Working on my writing as we speak...

martiti - I'm actually the Municipal Liason for Virginia Beach... *G* Don't ask me how, it just sort of happened by accident. Its my second year doing it, and I love it to death. Yay for writing! I'll just assume you're doing it this year.. how many years have you done it?

Lizzie - Lol I know what you mean.. I dated my boyfriend 4 months before he got the nerve to kiss me! Maybe you just got a sweetheart this time? Or maybe just someone really clueless.. :)

Dreamer - Actually I didn't, and I really have a valid excuse: When i got my VA permit I registered to vote, but there were mix-ups, and I seriously didn't think that I was going to get my registration in time. Hence, to research into the candidates... and since Virginia has 2 close (and closely watched) races going on, the last thing I want to make is an uninformed decision! So of course, I got my registration at the last minute, and didn't have time to look into the candidates.. bah! My first effort at civic duty, and its all gone... =/

Daisy - ask him if you can post pics on the internet of him in a bikini too! And to answer your question, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month... a time in which people all over the world try to work a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. It's fun!

britomart 11-07-2006 08:51 PM

Good evening ladies!

I've been having a very, very large and scary existential crisis lately, in which I almost convinced myself to leave grad school and go get a job. To stop going into debt. Go find some entry-level, $28k/year job and just exist. To leave Charlottesville, move into my sister's basement till my fiance comes back, and just save save save.

But then I realized... that while yes, finances are tight and no, I'm probably not going to ever get a job in which my vast knowledge of literary tropes and cross-genre allusions will ever come into play, but you know what? That's okay. I'm just going to sit here and be impractical for another year and get my master's. It was damn tough to get into this school, and if I leave now, I'll never be able to use my accomplishment of getting accepted as a bragging right :p

But that whole issue ate up four days. I missed a couple of classes, slacked off on a lot of work that was supposed to be done, and generally sucked at eating. But I'm picking myself up. Tonight, instead of frozen french fries and chocolate, I made orange-glazed chicken and zucchini for dinner. It was excellent. Much better than chocolate, actually.

One of my procrastinatory projects is knitting scarves for Christmas. I don't have a lot to spare for the holidays, so I figure I can invest $20 in wool and some number of hours' labor and make a decent Christmas gift for a lot of people. Only downside: my neck hurts. It's a trade off--either I look down at my knitting and keep my arms at my sides, or I look straight ahead and raise my knitting to eye level, thus making my arms sore. It's a lose-lose situation. Oh well.

Anyway.

Daisy -- It takes some guts to post photos which are meant to show our, well, wobbly bits, when usually we do everything we can to hide them! Like I said on your blog, you'll be so happy to have those a year from now when you're strutting around in your bikini!

MarinesWife -- don't get me started on military doctors. Grumblegrumble... I grew up in the military medical system. My sister was bitten by a brown recluse spider (poisonous, by the way) and the doctor kept telling my mom that it was a bunch of flea bites. That's right, a bunch of fleas bit her on one spot on her leg. So when the thing got as big as a tennis ball and started to sink and turn black in the middle.... well..... the doctor finally believed that it wasn't flea bites. Use your best judgment and PUSH for what you want out of those guys!! They will eventually listen, I promise... Good luck with everything...

Hmm, I just thought of something...... has ValRock been around lately? I haven't seen her since she had that scary post about a tumor in her thyroid. Did she ever come back after that? I'm worried...

Fae -- I hope your 193 sticks, that's a great number to see! You're almost at the 180's! I'm jealous! :p And feel better soon so you can get back to that novel-writing. Keep us posted on your progress.

Lizzie -- I was really weirded out when my fiance didn't want to get physical really quickly, too. It's just not what we come to expect anymore from guys. What does that say? :/ Anyway, I was frustrated and freaked out at the time, but in retrospect, it was really nice to get to know him without the physical side of things complicating matters. Hang in there :)

Dreamer -- woo voting! Yay exercising my democratic muscles! I got a sticker today and felt special. BAH! I just checked the election results... my man lost by a margin of 1.8%!! How frustrating is that?? And apparently the majority of Virginians support the anti-any civil union (not just marriage) between anyone other than a man and a woman constitutional ammendment. Well, I'm disappointed. But at least I did my job to try to turn things around. Another two years to go....

Wow, long post. Should be putting these energies into something academic, I'm sure. Oh well. Shoot, now I'm all disgruntled about the election results, but did I really expect anything to be different this time around? No. People don't change that much in two years...