Old 10-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #16  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i agree. it is hard for people to grasp that there is no miracle drug that has done the work for you.

IMO i think we are now a society that look for the easy way out and want instant gratification. the concept of "riding it out" is too much for a lot of people and they need constant change to keep interested.

i also find it interesting that for some reason it is socially acceptable to harrass a person because they are thin(ner) but make mention of someone being overweight and its taboo. we have an obesity crisis and yet people are afraid to say "maybe you should lay off the extra helping" to a person who obviously doesn't need it, but are quite happy to say to a thin person "go on, have another serving - your too skinny!".

what kind of world are we living in!?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

People just suck. I hate the people that make fun of you if you are trying to work out when you are overweight. Like, only thin people are allowed to work out. Also, I hate how my dad and other people are always acting as if I'm wasting away. Obviously I'm not. I know that it's a compliment that I've lost weight, but it's almost like they are trying to sabatoge me unconsiously.
Also, my roommate is totally bugging me. She complains ALL OF THE TIME that she's fat and everything. Yet, she always wants to go to applebees for hot wings or mcdonalds. It's VERY hard to turn her down. I did refrain from the mcdonalds tonight, but she's totally sabatoging me. Luckily, she's going out of town this weekend, so if I can get back on track, I can ignore her better.
missindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 AM   #18  
Video Kid

Ugh, I know exactly what you are talking about! People constantly make remarks about your weight when you're overweight, but when you start losing weight, they can't accept you might be doing something HEALTHY! It has to be pills or fad diets.

What makes me the most frustrated is my family. When I was young my parents got divorced and I loved with my grandmother for a while. And what did that loving grandmother do to comfort her destraught granddaughter? Why feed her of course! And there beigns my stress eating issue, lol.

And now my family always puts me down for my weight, sometimes to the point I cry. And yet everytime I start to lose weight they start with the "you're going to hurt yourself/you're starving yourself" comments.

Can you never make people happy? I say, forget them and just focus on making yourself happy.
Kadjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #19  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I did refrain from the mcdonalds tonight, but she's totally sabatoging me
What an evil little How can you live with her without smothering her in her sleep?! :fryingpan:

Stay strong. It will be so much more satisfying when you reach your goal despite her being a good-fer-nuthing, sabotaging evil wench.

Quote:
And there beigns my stress eating issue, lol.
Ugh, mine began when I was a child having panic attacks and feeling so insecure that I would hide food in various places. I have a wonderful family, but we went through a rough patch around 2-4th grade where I thought my parents might get divorced. Eating was a way to soothe the panic. Luckily things got better, and this April they will celebrate their 25th anniversery!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #20  
Video Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobviouschild View Post
Ugh, mine began when I was a child having panic attacks and feeling so insecure that I would hide food in various places. I have a wonderful family, but we went through a rough patch around 2-4th grade where I thought my parents might get divorced. Eating was a way to soothe the panic. Luckily things got better, and this April they will celebrate their 25th anniversery!

Darn food and it's soothing value! I wish instead of eating up to my eyeballs I had started a healthy way to deal with stress. But I guess that's what being a responsible adult is all about, replacing bad habits with good ones.
Kadjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7''

Right there with you girls - I had all kinds of comments this weekend...from the not believing I wasn't using drugs or starving myself..to exercise doesn't really work..to my dad telling me not to have a slice of cake or I'd put it all back on again....to a cracker that my sister told me: why bother getting thinner coz you'll never be able to keep it off and you'll just go back up. Grrrrrrrr why can't people just be supportive?
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #22  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

My dad said the same thing! "You're just going to gain it right back" And my bf thinks I'm starving myself and MAKES me eat (I truly think he wants to sabotage my weight loss though because he said likes me a little pudgy).
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote