Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 AM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default **Weelky Chat Oct. 16 - 22**

Oh boy, I'm starting it this week.. watch, as soon as I post this, I'll find someone beat me to it!

Well, I almost forgot to weigh myself this morning! I had my cereal and took a bite, then put it down and ran to the scale! (I like to weigh myself before I eat...) And Im glad I did! It was hard to read the numbers at first.. damn I wish I had a digital scale. I wasn't sure I was seeing it right, but now I am.. 199! Happy Onederland for Fae! I've said it before, but this time for real.. Never ever EVER again in the 200. Im feeling so good now.. Im doing something right!

Other than that, nothing is new... Boyfriend is leaving tomorrow morning to go back to PA for a week, visit his family and go with them to a train show. Im thinking that tomorrow after work I go to the store and get things to make chicken teriyaki.. with more vegis than I've used before. Normally its just brown rice, chicken, onions (if its just for me, he doesnt like that) and teriyaki sauce.. this time Im adding carrots and celery. I think it'll be good, at least... plus, it's healthy, low-cal, and I can eat that for dinner all week! Lucky, especially since Im strapped for cash until Friday!

Well thats all ladies. Off I go, to get ready for a lovely long day selling office supplies, followed by a nice cardio workout! Have to keep going in the right direction! And WOW this post is long... I sure do talk a lot!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #2  
Proud US Navy Wife

On a totally random note... I just realized I wrote WEELKY chat! I rock!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #3  
Goodbye Fat!

Well another Monday rolls around! Came to work today and had a huge project on my desk. I don't even know how to get started. So what do I do? Log onto 3FC and post, why not? The deadline is not until Oct. 30th so I have some time.

It is raining cats and dogs today. I didn't make it to the gym because the rain was so bad, so I brought my clothes to workout after work. Now if I can just make myself go! I will go workout! I will go workout! This past weekend I did pretty much nothing but sleep and sleep some more. I think my body just needed to catch up, hopefully that is out of my system.

Fae: Isn't it great! What great motivation to keep on going!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Well I didn't quite make it to Buffalo for my long weekend. I left Thursday and had a layover in Charlotte, but instead of staying there for 1 hour I stayed there for 14...then turned around. The airport floor was SO uncomfortable. I slept a total of 45 minutes that night. However the airline gave me credit for the trip, and on my 1 night in the airport I met a couple who were on their second, so I felt a lot worse for them.

I stopped at the store in "the big city" on the way home and discovered that Publix supermarkets have started carrying La Tortilla Factory tortillas! I've read about them all over the place but no one around me has carried them until now. I had one for lunch today. Yummy! I can't believe they're fat free and have 8 grams of fiber.

Food this weekend was ok, not great, but exercise was really good. I spent most of the time trying to catch up on sleep from my airport adventure. And instead of having a Cinnabon for breakfast at the airport Friday, I had a banana and Kashi granola bar that I had packed. Good job Megan.

Let's have a great week everyone!

Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, yesterday we were helping a friend move into some new apartments and now we're moving too! Saturday is the move in day so between that and school I have a super busy week this week. It will be weird having our friends living through the wall. Should be fun though!

I'm down to 187! I was really freaking out this weekend because the scale said I was back up to 190 but this morning it said 187, I was so excited! I might not make my halloween goal, but it should be close.

Fae: I read the title a couple times and didn't even catch the typo until you pointed it out!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #6  

Good Morning!

I Haven't Posted All Weeek And That Was A Goal Of Mine. Well It Started Last Monday With My Hubby Coming Home From Work Sick. By That Night My Toddler And I Were Couch Ridden Watching Disney Movies And Feeling Sicky Icky. By Tues Morning All Three Of Us Were Full Blown Sick. I Don't Know What It Was It Felt Like The Worst Cold I Have Ever Had.it Took Almost A Week And We Are All Better
I Didn't Do Fitday All Week And I Didn't Watch What I Ate. I Mostly Ate Carbs And And Didn't Monitor Anything. Today I Start My Tom And I Feel Extra Bloated From The Week Of Carbs And No Gym Or Activity. So What To Do, I Weigh My Bloated Self. 161 ......... There Is No Way I Gained 6 Pounds In A Week And Three Days. I Am Hoping It's A Mixture Of Tom And Water Weight From My Week Of High Salt And Carbs.
Has That Ever Happened To Anyone???
No Gym Today. Because I Have To Get My Hubby Packed Up For A Big Work Trip And That Will Take All Day Since I Didn't Do Laundry Last Week
fae- That Is Awesome!!!!!! Congrats To You!!!!!
dolly- I Slept All Weekend To. Getting Over A Cold.
megan- Way To Plan Ahead! I Would Have Taken The Cinnabon For Sure
stacy- I Loved School Just Because Of The Living Situation. All Of My Friends Were In The Same Apt Complex And Every Night Was Either A Party Or Study Session. It Was Great Fun!
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #7  

Hey girls! Well I was REALLY good all weekend. Ate healthy & worked out I'm feeling good, but still scared to step on the scale because if it tells me a bad number I'm gonna be pissed, and we all know what happens when we get passed... bring on the chocolate!

Not much interesting going on this week. Pretty much counting down until the weekend, working my butt off, and trying to figure out a costume to wear for Halloween.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #8  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Well this weekend really sucked for everything. We had hail/snow this past weekend, and it made it horrible. Food wise, I haven't gone grocery shopping yet...so we had icky stuff in the house to eat, which didn't help at all! So unmotivated!

Have no fear, there was a good side to things. I tried on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in about 3 yrs, and THEY FIT!!!!! Although I can't sit down in them without the button popping... Hehe! But still..I'm happy!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #9  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Fae- I learned to eat a lot of veggies by "stir frying" them. It seems like you can cover up the taste of most of them with asian seasoning. Good plan And wooohoooo for your loss !! Thats awesome, girl!

Megan- Good for you for resisting the evil cinnabon! I've never had it before, but the smell alone seems like enough to make me gain a pound.

Sooooo Lizzie fell off again!! In a big big way, and not even for a good reason like... the state fair or... a birthday party. Just because I was stressed and not planning and feel bad. It was just part of that cycle where I skip working out because I'm stressed so I get more stressed, so I eat junk food, and feel worse, and I skip working out because all my body wants to do is sleep. Grarrar.. I'm so frustrated with myself, but at this point the best thing I think to do is just to ... do it? I mean, I can think about what would make me feel better, but it isn't until I actually GO to the gym and STOP eating crap that I will feel better.

Sooo.. yes, today i'm starting the Fat Smash detox phase again today. Luckily, a lot of my classes are cancelled this week and work doesn't start to get crazy again until fall break begins, so I have no excuse not to make it to the gym for at least and hour a day. Once I get the ball rolling, I think it will be a lot easier. The truth is that I haven't had a good work out schedule/ethic since the semester began so maybe I need an official beginning.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #10  

Happy Monday ladies!

So life goes on. Still having a tough time with it, though. School is just ridiculous and I keep finding ways to fritter away my time in totally unpreductive fashions. Last night I found myself eating cookies.... lots of them.... (which also threw me off SB for the day) and got so disgusted with myself. I looked around the apartment, which was a mess, and got even more disgusted with myself. So I spent nearly 2 hours cleaning, and this morning I donated the remainder of the cookies to the parent volunteers at the book fair at the elementary school I work p/t at. They were grateful, I was grateful, it was great

SO, today's been a great day. The first day I've done exercise in October (yeah, I know, the month is half over), and I've had a great eating day. A little headachey, but I think that's due to my cookie binge last night combined with low-carbing it today. It's amazing what a clean apartment can do for me mentally! I feel like being productive. But first, dinner: stuffed bell peppers.... then, either reading Henry V or Tristram Shandy.... tragic history play I've read before or bawdy rambling travelogue I've barely heard of? HMM.

Fae - AWESOME! Congrats on leaving behind the 2--'s. Last November I was at 206 and told myself I never wanted to see that number again... and besides one time where it popped up for one week, I haven't... Granted, I've been stuck in the 190's ever since, but I'll take it over going back to the 2's! You must feel great!

Stacy: Same to you, congrats at the loss. I love hearing about everyone's successes.

Lizzie: I totally sympathize with you, girl. I've been stuck in the SAME cycle. Good to know I'm not alone (though I don't wish this on anyone!). What the heck is up with that stupid cycle, anyway? stress --> poor diet & exercise --> more stress, &c.? It's a hard one to break....

Okay. Off to make dinner. Later ladies, here's to hopefully what turns out to be a good week!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Fae: Great job! Leaving the 2--'s is such a great accomplishment, keep it up!

Lizzie: Don't worry, I fell off about a week or so ago. I haven't been able to get back on track, and for some reason I'm just not feeling all that motivated to do so. I don't know whats wrong. Good luck w/ everything! How'd fat smash work today? Hopefully well!

I did horrible this weekend and ended up sick this morning, thus taking a very very inconvenient "personal day." I so didn't need this! I'm going to be terribly behind and for some reason I just can't seem to get "it" together and start anything. I just don't want to be up too late tonight, but something tells me I'm going to be just finishing up work... If I ever get started that is.

Diet, smiet... I'm hoping to at least get to the gym tomorrow after or before class, its always something that makes me feel better about myself. I just need to plan out the rest of my week so nothing sneaks up on me! Oh life!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Fae, congrats on getting below 200! That must feel good.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

Man...to be below 200. I can't even imagine. I'm so happy for you!

This weekend was pretty much horrible. Insanity ensued from Friday afternoon and hasn't actually stopped yet. I have a new goal (well sorta...). I found an amazing pair of jeans on sale for $15. Only problem was they look horrendous. But, they are a size I have not even looked at for years, and while they looked bad, I can actually say they looked bad which means I got them on. Very exciting. Anyway, those jeans are my goal. The day after my 21st birthday, Dec 29, my friends are throwing me a party, and I am wearing those jeans and the amazing jacket I found a couple of months ago.
Basically, I am just so glad I came here. Y'all have been a great inspiration. And, I actually feel super guilty for sucking everything up today. So guilty that I'm gonna go work out (again) once What About Brian is over.

Hope everyone has a great week!
missindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 PM   #14  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Well, congrats to those who lost this week, who have exercised and who ate as they should. I on the other hand, dunno if i lost, didn't exercise and ate so so.. Hhmmm.. Things have been SUPER busy!!

Tons of shopping this past weekend! Bought some size 10 skirts/pants.. It's been yearsssssss since i've fit into a 10! I was pretty happy with that!

This week is going to be extremely busy again for me. So, thought i'd post today and say HI/Have a great week!

Rainy, dreary here. All I wanna do is sleep, but very little of that going on. I've been up since 120am this morning.. and i'm sooooooooo ready for bed..it's 9pm.. My youngest had an asthma attack this morning.. Woke up & he couldnt' breathe.. I never get used to it, scared the **** outta me! So, needless to say, i couldn't go back to sleep.

TOM this week, ugh! Why oh why do we women have to suffer?? It is suffering for me, for those of you who have easy going TOM's, be grateful.. I tell you, to have a bad one every month, SUCKS BEING A WOMAN! I tell DH that he's damn lucky he doesnt' have to go through what I go through.

I am going to the doc next Tuesday for my yearly, am gonna ask for an alternative to what i have done/am doing. I'm sick of the pain! Anyone else have endo? UGH! Hoping I get some good answers. I have been told by 2 other docs, i need a hysterectomy to fix it permanantly.. I'm only 29 though, am hoping for something else. We'll see what they have to offer.

Anyhoo, HAVE A GREAT WEEK! I am hoping to pop back in in the next day or two.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM   #15  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

Not a very good day yesterday. I went to the gym and barely got through weightlifting, and skipped cardio, b/c I was just so tired. I'm petsitting and I went to my friend's house to feed their dog and there was an open jar of peanut butter sitting on the counter...so I had a few tablespoons. I went into someone's house and ate their food! That is so, so wrong!!! Then after rehearsal I went home and my roommate had bought ice cream, so I had some for dessert. I had my food planned for the whole day, got 8 hours of sleep Sunday night, and still I felt really tired and didn't eat well.

Today I've got healthy eats planned again, and have 1 1/2 hours free between work and play rehearsal to go to the gym. But I didn't get enough sleep and am already dragging for the day. Goals for the day:

Stick to eating plan.
Do 1 hour cardio.
Don't eat peanut butter (or anything else!) at other people's houses.
Call airline and make them find my bag!
Finish data analysis at work.

I think I need some motivation here!

amb_lyn, way to fit into a 10!!! Hope your dr's visit is productive.

Fae, congratulations on reaching onederland!

britomart, at least you got rid of the rest of the cookies. They wouldn't have stayed in my house overnight - at least, not outside of my tummy.

flabbychic, it is definitely possible to gain 6 lbs of water weight in a week, especially with TOM. TOM, alcohol, soy sauce, irregularity, and other random things make me gain water weight. Roughly 3500 extra calories = 1 lb of real weight gained, so unless you ate 3500 x 6 in the past week in addition to your normal calories, no, it's not real weight. I'd suggest you drink plenty of water, eat a high fiber diet, and weigh yourself after TOM to see your true weight.

Let's hop to it ladies!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote