Old 10-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #16  
Goodbye Fat!

Well the rain has finally stopped after 9 inches of rain. Getting to work yesterday was horrible. I was glad I wore a skirt and flipflops in. The women wearing pants were drenched. My plan tonight is to definetly take the dogs out for a walk tonight, they missed it last night and are real restless. DH made salmon cakes last night and they were really good, I didn't know he even knew how to cook them. I did make it to the gym last night and it was so busy. It was a big turn off I even had to wait for a treadmill. I am definetly going in the a.m. for now on.

megan: way to schedule your workout in

amb_lyn: I can't wait until I can buy size 10s

missindy: hang those jeans in your closet where you will look at them everyday to be your motivation

Dreamer: sometimes we all need a personal day even if we can't afford it

Brito: I think I would have eaten all of those cookies before giving them away. I try not to even bring them in the house. If I do buy them for DH I give them to him to take in his office and I never see them again.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #17  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. Not much is new here. Had an ok weekend. My eating wasnt the greatest but not too bad either. I always have a problem after i go grocery shopping where i want to eat alot of stuff becuase i havent had it in a while or whatever lol. But atleast im only buying healthy stuff now for the most part..
Been tryin to get out of the house and exercise once a day. I had a couple bad days last week but i want to make up for it this week. Really, i have no no excuses NOT to exercise, apart from being lazy or tired. I sit around the house all day and pretty much do nothing. I could get out and walk in the afternoon too now that its cooling off outside, or do an exercise video in the house, but I just havent been into it latley. And i was doing so good, got back down to 213, so i need to kick it up again. My husband has less that a year left in the marines, and i dont wanna be this big when i go back and see my friends and family again!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #18  
Proud US Navy Wife

Well... the boyfriend is gone until Sunday.. so NO EXCUSES from me for not doing both cardio and strength every day, since I have my own time frame to do them in! I'm determined to keep this loss.. especially since I went a bit over calories last night. Since it wasn't anything major (maybe like 100 cal, not even) I'm not going to freak out about it.. but that just means be extra good today!

I told boyfriend today that if the carrots and celery were good, we could put them in next time.. his reply? "Well, I don't really like celery..." Gah! I already dont cook with onions anymore because of him. Silly dork. Oh well, I'll have 'em for me tonight at least!

Thanks everyone for the congrats.. You all make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Dolly - Haha logging onto 3FC is the solution I would have taken.. and I hope the weather is better today!

Megan - Mmm I love tortilla chips, but I've never heard of those! I'll have to start looking around for them. And I'm sorry your trip sucked. Never travel greyhound.. they are just as bad, if not worse! And ya for scheduling your day!

Stacy - Congrats on the loss! And it took me a few looks to notice my typo too.. I figured I might as well admit it.

flabbychic - don't worry, that happened to me after I went on vacation to PA.. it said I gained 5 lbs in a week! Most of it was water though, after a week of careful eating and exercise I was down to 201. Hang in there.. and glad you feel better!

Lizzy - Sorry you fell off! I swear Im going to start sending you messages on myspace, saying "Dont you dare disappear on me, woman!" until you get freaked out and block me.. except then I would be sad, so don't block me.. just stay here! Hehe.

Brit - Gah, cookies.. I know how you feel. Good job giving them away though! *hugs* Hope you feel better today.

Dreamer - Gah... drink warm fluids! Hope you're feeling better.. (What IS it with people feeling icky this week??)

missindy - *hugs* I know what you mean.. these ladies have guilt-tripped my bum into gear more than once! And isn't the jeans thing fun? I almost got into a size 12 when I was workout out last year.. a size i NEVER remember hitting! They just wouldn't button.. I was so excited. Then, of course, I feel of the wagon for a year, hence why I am here again.

Amb - I feel your pain.. rainy day + TOM = not fun! And I hope your son is all right now. I dont think I would be able to get used to that either.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #19  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA, I have been reading I promise. Things have been crazy busy trying to get ready for my new job. I am so happy but at the same time inconvenienced with my wedding photography choosing now to also take off. I just booked a wedding and 3 portrait sessions not to mention I keep having people ask for consultations. If you don't know I am going to be working 3 hours away from my hubby during the week. I will be staying with family and coming home on the weekends. This wedding success is now spilling over into the weekend so that makes me sad

Monday weigh in went well...1 lb down from last week and the lightest I have been in about 3 years. Feels awesome. Haven't been working out, no time, just being mindful about what I put in my mouth and taking it one day at a time.

As the new job approaches I find myself excited but also nervous...and sad about being away from my husband for so long. Oh well, it really is a great opportunity for me.

fae - Happy onederland! You must feel amazing. I am in a similar boat, the weight I am at I haven't seen in years. It does wonders for your motivation I keep telling myself in moments of weakness "What would a girl of X lbs do...."

dolly - Nice going on bringing your clothes to workout after work. Way to be on the ball. I hate 'gymming' in the evening as well they are always so jam packed.

megan - I have been looking and looking for la tortilla factory tortillas as well...totally jealous now lol. Follow that plan chica. Some gym time is better than no gym time as long as it doesn't become a habit. You should try a class those always motivate me and I would feel silly skipping out before it was over.

Stacy - I have lived in a 'friends sitcom' way with numerous friends. It is pretty fun once you get past feeling obligated to hang out all the time.

flabbychic - I bet it is some water weight but also sounds like you may have gained. I know you can step it up this week and be back on track though, lets go!

Cookie - continue doing and feeling good and ignore that scale. When your clothes start fitting better and you can be sure there should be a decrease hop on then...

Amanda - Great on the jeans. Gotta love that! I have a pair of dress khakis I am trying to fit in for my new job. They almost button and I know when they do I am going to jump for joy!

lizzie - Hey covering up the taste by stir fry sounds like a good plan, blech I hate veggies. Your right, JUST DO IT! I know you can do it, and stick with it. This is just a temporary state chica!

brito - I am the same way with my townhome. If it is clean then I feel better, more in control. I haven't exactly been 'workin it' this October either...we still have about 2 weeks though...

dreamer - Plan plan plan lady Hope you make it to the gym and hope you feel better.

missindy - You will get into those jeans and make them look fabulous I just know it!

amblyn - That would scare me too, hope your youngest is ok.
Hope all goes well with the doc, have a good week.

Heather - Just make a plan and stick to it. LOL I thought I was the only one that did that when I went grocery shopping, its like I want to try a little bit of everything lol.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #20  

Stephiewilliams, the fact that you just wrote a personal message to every member completely makes up for you being MIA. What would I do with out this forum? My friends and family used to think that I was obsessive about my weight because I was constantly talking about it. Recently someone mentioned how glad they are that I have gotten "over" my weight issue and can have a normal conversation. Little do they know that I just don't confide in them on this matter anymore, I come here instead.

Am I being obsessive though in this matter- My family wants to meet for dinner and they chose a place called Rose Angelis. I looked at the menu and it's all pasta dishes (I do not want a big bowl of carbs for dinner). I don't eat fish, there is no steak, and the only chickn dishes is marsala and vesuvio (which are not very good for u). I tried telling my family to please choose another restaurant, but they said to just eat before. I got all mad and said I wasn't coming. Who wants to eat before and sit and watch your family eat?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #21  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Today is crappy brain-wise (more rain! and stupid boyfriends!), but okish health wise. My back is killing me from kickboxing last night, which isn't a huge deal, but just a reminder that taking two weeks off is a bad idea.

The plan was to get up this morning and hit the gym, but of course I couldn't fall asleep till 3am, and the prospect of sleeping in was just too nice. Luckily, the plans with the boyfriend fell through because of the weather, so I'm going to go after I get off work. I really want to start jogging again. My mom is such an inspiration training for her half marathon in december. Also, I found a picture of myself from last year around this time when I had made it up to jogging a 5k, and I was a LOT thinner. Ok, maybe not a LOT, but much thinner than I am now. It is weird how I can tell you how much I weighed at pretty much any given time in my life.
Anywaaaay!!!! Enough about me.

Brito- I am a "fritterer?" too.. The opportunities that I have to actually catch up on work I use to do totally unproductive things. I think I've caught a big case of senioritis. What do you stuff your bell peppers with?

Dreamer- Fat Smash went pretty well. As long as I don't think about all the foods I WANT to eat, I'm not really all that hungry. It helps that my regular food choices (on a good day) are pretty similar.

Missindy- I've found that having clothing goals is the best way for me to track my progress. Good luck! And hey, at least you could get them on!

amb- A 10? Awesome! I don't think I ever wore I 10. I went straight from diapers into the plus size section. or thats what it feels like sometimes.

Megan- I had a friend who did that.. She was dog sitting for a neighbor and in the middle of the night went over and binged on their food. Why is other people's food so much more appealing than your own? I do it too, but mostly at work.

Dolly- I am always one of those women who's wearing pants in the rain. I came home one day soaked from foot to waist.

Fae- That would be hillaarrrious. And stalkerific! hehe.. Be like.. why are you posting stupid bulletins when you could be working out?

Stephie- How long will you be doing the commuting thing?

Cookie- That sucks about the dinner..Maybe they have a salad or something that you could add chicken to? Most places usually have that kind of standard.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #22  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like everyone has had decent days lately. I've fallen off the wagon completely the past few days. Bad eating, bad everything! I just have no motivation lately. I went grocery shopping today, and didn't do well with that either. I only had $60 to buy groceries for 2 weeks! Yeah....not cool....plus we were out of EVERYTHING...like tp and such so that took up a huge part of my budget... I'm so discouraged....I need a stupid job, but nobody will give it to me! And everytime it comes time to pay bills etc I feel that pressure, and resentment from my hubby and family and that just makes me feel worse about myself... GRRRRRRRRR! Today's one of those days I want to crawl back into bed and start over....
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #23  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

Tuesday was OP. Let's go for 2 in a row now. Had my weigh-in this morning and my so-so weekend resulted in no gains, no losses. The airport finally dropped off my luggage last night after it being missing for 5 days. I have never been so happy to have a pair of back-up workout sneakers, b/c my usual ones were packed in that missing bag.

Canadian_Mickey, hang in there. You will get a job, I know it. It sounds like you are doing an admirable job budgeting on a shoestring and dealing with a lot of stress. Hang in there!

WastedThermos, good job rescheduling your gym date!

CookieMonster416, I think it's really rude of your family to be so insensitive and tell you to just eat beforehand. Are there any healthy options at all? A grilled chicken salad (I know, the boring staple of every dieters' restaurant eating)? Bring a bottle of salad dressing in your purse. Maybe call ahead of time and ask if they would custom order, and ask for grilled chicken and steamed veggies. Or just don't go! If your family realizes you're serious perhaps next time they'll take your preferences into consideration.

stephiewilliams, sounds tough being away from hubby, sorry. Great job on maintaining your weight! The gym only has classes 2 nights a week at times that conflict with my play rehearsals, but that is an excellent idea. After the play is done with I will have to go to them.

FaeReverie, don't worry about that 100 calories. So what I do when my BF tells me he doesn't like certain veggies...I cook them anyway...and he eats them anyway, without complaint. Mwaahahahaha.

Marineswife85, oooh, I just love exercising in the fall weather too! It's so pleasant after the hot summer.

dollypie, did you try going to the gym this morning? I hate crowded gyms and waiting for machines!

Happy hump day everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #24  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Omg im so happy this morning! Im down to 211! Im so freakin happy! lol. This is the lightest i have been in over a year. I had to get back on the scale a few times to make sure it was right!
I feel bad about yesterday tho.. All i did was a maybe 10 min walk.. I mean i guess its good that i went out, but i had another headache yesterday and just wasnt feeling up to a longer one. Well i dont have a lot of time right now but i was so excited i needed to share my news!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #25  
Workin' My *** Off!

I'm So mad right now, I could scream!!! I went to the docs today for a follow-up appointment, and I asked him, out of curiosity, what he had my weight at in February... so he told me, and it turns out that I haven't lost 16 Lb's like I thought, but instead only 4 Lb's!!!!!! Talk about crushed!!! My Mom's scale was over 10 Lb's off!!!! So the last 9 months that I've busted my butt, I've only got 4 Lb's loss to show for it! No wonder I can't see much of a difference! My measurements are all the same, my clothes are the same sizes... You would think I would have lost more then that?!?!?! That's just silly! So I'm pretty discouraged right now. I feel like this is a hopeless situation... I don't get why I can't even lose at least 10 Lb's!!! GRRRRRRRRR!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:27 PM   #26  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Ugh!! Today is not going well at all! There was a mix up this morning with an 8 am presentation I had to give that left me frustrated and I just got an email back that blamed me when it wasn't even my fault. I do not take criticism very well, especially when I feel it is undeserved. I'm way too sensitive for my own good sometimes. Anyway, after that presentation I took my car to get fixed and ended up back at the shop even after it was "fixed" because.. yea, basically my car is falling apart. So now I'm sitting at work trying to calm down so my bosses don't think I'm crazy-emotional-girl crying over mean emails.

Luckily, my first reaction was not to run back to the snack closet (yes folks, we have a whole closet), so that is a good sign. I came into work early so I could leave before my class and get in a gym visit. Hopefully going to the fair tonight, so I`m trying to plan my diet accordingly. So far today I've only had time for yogurt and crackers (not detox, but the only thing not totally sugary I could find between the repair man and work).

Canadian- I feel your pain... I'm on a very limited grocery budget and when it comes time to buy those non-food things I'm always grumpy. I hope you start feeling better

Megan- Five days? Jeeeze. I would be pretty angry about that. I take all my stuff everywhere ya know, just in case, so I`d be lost without my luggage.

Marines- Woohoo!! Good job. At least you got out and did SOMETHING. I can't wait till I see 211 again!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 PM   #27  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I am back to my normal routine, made it to the gym this morning. It is such a difference in the amount of people in the morning versus after 5pm. I have been feeling really tired lately and I don't know why? Am I working out too much and not getting enough calories or what? I don't know, but I really need to get this fixed. I am yawning as I type. I do take a multivitamin so that's not the problem and I get plenty of fruits and veggies. Sleep is not the issue either, at least 7 hours a night. I have no idea what could be causing this. I want to get it fixed b/c then I don't feel like going to work out.

Thermos: I never take criticism well when it is undeserved, that is the point where I open my mouth and say something I shouldn't. At least you are not allowing your emotions to control your eating. Look the bright side of the situation!

Mickey: 4lbs is 4lbs so be proud of yourself! They say the last few can be the toughest, but don't let that discourage you. Keep up all that you have been doing and have a brighter outlook. I can understand about the budget, DH and I just bought a house and we thought oh yeah we will just cut some things from our budget and we will be fine. Well we are finding that much harder to cut, plus just the upkeep of the house.

Marineswife: I am doing a happy dance at my desk for you!

Megan: Glad to hear your luggage is back! I am traveling to D.C. in a few weeks I am praying that my luggage does not get lost!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #28  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well the husband went and got a job he will hate in the city I am working in just so he could be with me. He will wait it out at this new crummy job until his the job in his feild goes through so we will not have to be apart for too long. Just a little over 3 weeks. What a sweety huh? Eating is going well. I have been so busy and stressed I have not really been all that hungry lately. Food has not been ruling me like it normally does. So it has been *gasp* easy to make good decisions about what I put in my mouth.

Today continues on with the cleaning. Only two rooms left which is exactly the number of days I have to do it in. DH's family is coming in from out of town and although they are not staying with us they are staying in town so we will be spending most of our time with them.

Here is to a good day ladies. Its a time of change. A change of season, a change in attitude make the changes you need today to be the you that you yearn to be tomorrow!

cookie - haha what a sweety you are forgiving me so quickly j/k. I know what you mean, this journey is obsessive...I feel like all I ever talk about with my husband is fitness and photography. He is sweet to listen to me though. That is horrible that your family would choose food over family company. Makes you wonder about the hold that those carb dishes must have on them. Great job standing your ground though.

Lizzie - About a month is how long I will be doing it. Driving 3 hours to work from my husband on Monday morning then staying with my fam during the week and 3 hours back to the husband after work ends on Friday. Lets get back to that 5k shape! Running does wonders for your bod, not to mention your self esteem. I am the same way, if something is not my fault I would so make too much out of it Take it out at the gym, sweat it out, pound it out! Get that agression out and watch the progress.

mickey - Where did your lovely photo go? I much prefer it to the popcorn avatar hehe. Try going to service800.com they are a work from home quality assurance company. The pay isnt great but they are very relaxed about hiring. Buy apples, oranges, bananas, cereal and milk ... cheap healhty foods Even if you aren't on track just remember that you are now equipped with knowing what you SHOULD be eating. This is an improvement over a month ago. Financial hardships happen and dieting can be expensive ... hope things improve. Thats too bad about the doc but at least now you know your not going crazy right?

Megan - No gains no losses is still good right? No backtracking hehe. I hate it when the airport "misplaces" my stuff hehe.

Heather - Hey 10 mins is still a step in the right direction. SOme is better than none as long as it isn't a habit to sell yourself short. Congrats on your loss. When you hit a milestone like that doesn't it feel amazing?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Boy, you never realize how much stuff you accumulate until you have to pack it all up! I've gotten quite a bit done, but there's still a LOT more to do. Saturday is the big move day but we have 30 days still at this place to get everything out so I'm probably stressing more than I need to be.

It's funny though because I already packed the scale and this morning when I went to pee and get weighed I about had a heart attack! I'm so used to weighing myself every day it's hard not too. I guess after we're moved in I'll have either lost weight from all the work, or gained from eating badly this week! We'll see what happens.

Marineswife: sorry to hear about the headache, but at least you did do 10 minutes! More than I would have done. And congrats on being down to 211 too!

Canadian: that must have been a huge let-down! I went through the same thing when I went from the gym scale to the home scale then back to the gym scale. There was a 9 lb difference! Look on the bright side though, you know you're at least healthier than you were. Keep at it, I'm sure it will happen for you.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #30  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's been a discouraging day, but I'm bound and determined to kick some butt...mine to be precise! LOL! I went out today and bought a bunch of chicken, lean ground beef, and some frozen veggies, and a bag of apples! It's not much but it's a start!