Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #1  
SHMILY4367

S/C/G: 200/195/145

Height: 5'6

Default Mississippi Girl!!

My little boy just turned a year old. He's walking and talking and he is just the best thing that has ever happened to me.... I love him and wouldn't trade anything for him. I have however kept on all the baby weight. I weighed 145 lbs. when I got pregnant and was in a size 10. Now here I am at 195 lbs. and in a size 16!!!! Oh my gosh, I just can't stand it anymore. I went to the mall the other day to get some jeans....... AND THE 16'S WERE GETTING TIGHT!! I was even ashamed to look at myself in the mirror. My husband has HONESTLY not seen me completly nude since Jan. 2005!! I know it's not fair to him, but I am so embarassed of the way that I look and feel. I was always very active in high school, but my moms side of the family are full of overweight people. My husband is very active in fitness and running. He is honestly my biggest supporter and has not pushed me at all. I bought myself the Runners Journal to help myself start running again. IT SAYS that in 13 weeks you should be able to run for 60 mins. without stopping and be able to complete a 10K run.

I just need some tips, some support, some prayers, something to just help me to stay motivated. I wish that this was easier, or I wish that I was dedicated enough to lose this weight, but I'm not. I know that I can eventually do it...... I just need time. I know that this will not be an overnight process, and I know that I will never be a size 2... but back to a 10would be a blessing. Above all else I just really want to be healty, and happy!!

I'm done venting now!!
shmily4367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi shmily and

congratulations on your little boy - it sounds like he is the joy of your life

the best advice i can offer is to try and try again. i have found that mistakes are a part of the process of losing weight and you can't be expected to get it all right the first time. now i look at my weight loss as more of a "health change" and am focussing not just on losing the weight, but getting a quality of life that i can be proud of. it is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

i just started running on tuesday doing the couch to 5k. should have me running 5k in 2 months time - can't wait to be a runner.

so watch what you eat (go for less processed foods where possible), increase your water, move more and before you know it - the pounds will drop off.

look forward to seeing you around. these boards are a great tool to stay on track.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey shmiley! Welcome to the forum. If it is prayers/ideas/tips/tricks/motivation/kick butt woman who will whip you into shape you have come to the right place.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote