3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **Weekly Chat - 2 Oct - 8 Oct** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/95092-%2A%2Aweekly-chat-2-oct-8-oct%2A%2A.html)

Daisy Boo 10-02-2006 05:20 AM

**Weekly Chat - 2 Oct - 8 Oct**

Hi all

Another week and another month. I have had a good start to my exercise minutes so far and I have a long weekend with today (monday) off. I got in an hour of yoga this morning and after doing my weights yesterday my legs are very tender. I am glad that I stretched heaps today though.

I have been working on a new schedule for my workouts and will hopefully have it finished tonight. I want to do so many things I just need to pull back a bit I think or I might over do it.

Hope everyone's weekend went well and on plan :D

Canadian_Mickey 10-02-2006 07:56 AM

morning Daisy! Glad to see that this week started well for you! Keep up the great work you're doing! :)

This weekend was hectic for me. Alot of running around, litterally. Helped with a huge conference this weekend. So by the end of last night when everyone had gone home, I dropped! Food wise, I think I did pretty good..I keep forgetting to enter it into my fitday thingy though. GRRRR!! DH had a bad night at work, and threatened to quit which would stress me out, cause I don't have a steady job or anything. So it's been stressful and hectic. I'm hoping today goes better for both hubby and I..... in all respects!

Pilatesgrl 10-02-2006 09:14 AM

Good morning everyone! It got really cold fast here in MN, and now we have practically have a heat wave (85 degrees haha)...
Off to school and my kitty is getting fixed and declawed tomorrow so I have to drop her off tonight :(
I'll write later...have a good day!
:) :) :)

LockItUp 10-02-2006 09:58 AM

Daisy - YAY for your workouts!

Canadian Mickey - That's the thing about Fit day for me too. I would get behind then it would feel like homework! And very sorry to hear about your hectic weekend!

Pilatesgrl - Ahh poor kitty! That's funny with the heat wave! We just had our temps god back up here to above 100!

Had an OP weekend. Totally worked out a ton too. Much to my dismay I was up 2 pounds this morning. Whatever, it really doesn't matter, it's just annoying. Well here's to a great week, and a great month!

dollypie 10-02-2006 12:26 PM

Started this week off with a 2lb lose and a good cardio workout this morning. I am really hoping this week is much better than last week. Today is going to be a very busy day at work today. I brought my healthy lunch to make it through. I wanted to have an excuse as everyone else ordered out for food. I am prepared.

Daisy: Way to start the week

Mickey: Don't stress I am sure your hubby having a rough day at work

Pilates: HaHa it was 95F here yesterday with 40% humidity

LockItUp: Good attitude, forget the scale and keep exercising!

spillthebeans 10-02-2006 01:36 PM

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!! I wish everyone a great week!

Kery 10-02-2006 01:36 PM

Good evening everyone (well yes, it's already the evening here, and it's dark and cold and rainy and...). The week's starting off with a good old cold threatening to fall down on me yet again, but this won't stop me--I'll still do my homework and my job and walking everywhere and going to the gym. Ain't gonna let a runny nose stop me, for goodness' sake! *buffs up*

Now if I could remember to note down daily what I eat. I too keep forgetting to enter it into Fitday. :lol:

Stephanie Osborne 10-02-2006 01:43 PM

Well I am feeling good, down 2 lbs from last week and 1.5 inches lost as well. Even with TTOM? cannot ask for more than that. Did my 100 jacks, 10 flights and 50 crunches both weekend days as well as some serious kickball cardio and stretching...1500 minute goal here I come! Hopefully this week will be more of the same. Today is pretty lax for me. Decided to take some time of work. Going out of town for the afternoon. Hubby has to get fitted for a tux and I need to finish doing some photographs for a project I am working on. Eating will be off plan however will be healthy or at least low calorie. I am on such a high I wouldn't want to ruin it now!

Daisy - Sounds like you are back on the right foot and working it! I have found stretching really does help with the sore...I am a believer!

Amanda - great job on getting through the weekend eating right. You know I find if I cannot find the time to log my food into nutridiary at least just writing it down helps for me, then I can enter it in during the week when I have some time.

Pilatesgrl - WTG on planning ahead with lunch, smart move.

Steph - up 2 lbs sucks...esp. when you were doing everything right. Awesome attitude though, don't let it get you down you are kicking booty!

Slimming Down 10-02-2006 01:58 PM

Hey Ladies!

My hard work last week paid off with a two pound loss on the scale this morning. This weekend's eating was good except for a drunken run to Waffle House late Saturday night (I wasnt driving of course). But I made up for it with an hour of hard cardio yesterday! I was SO thrilled I jogged at 4.5 for 20 min!! I couldnt believe it.

daisy- you go! working out a bunch!! Woot!

Mickey- I can imagine its really stressful to be in that situation. Isnt it great that the exercise helps ya cope with all that?!

Stephie and Dolly- gratz on your weight loss!!

Have a great week girls!

WastedThermos 10-02-2006 02:06 PM

Hello girls!!
I feel like I haven`t been here in a week. Which is totally possible considering how my weeks have gone. It seems like whenever I get five minutes with nothing to do I want to nap. Or read really trashy celebrity blogs. :lol:
I'm off the crazy pms-meds this week, so my appetite is back to normal. It is always tempting to stay on them, but they have other side effects that are less pleasant, and I *know* I can control what I put in my mouth without having to take drugs.
I've got another week of working am/pm before and after class, which sucks but keeps me busy. Now if we didn't have all these stockpiles of snacks.. I'd be good. Luckily, I'm going to Charleston this weekend for a party so that is something to work towards.

Back to the gym tonight.

Have a good week ladies :)

ladyjames63 10-02-2006 02:14 PM

Good afternoon!

I don't know if any of you remember me, or were wondering where I went, but here I am now. I had a rough end-of-summer, and am still very stressed out, so I am still fighting the binge-eating and self-loathing.

The good news is that I am taking things in baby steps, and I am optimistic my efforts will get me back on track with everything going on in my life, including getting in shape. Today, I am going to walk slightly more than two miles, and hopefully take a one-hour stretch class and a 90 minute jazz dance class. And maybe eat some homemade granola for dinner, since I have been havnig such strong craving for sweets.

Also, I have taken to making myself up every day, even if it just means throwing on some lipstick. I saw a picture of Kevin Federline (Britney Spears' husband) in which he looked clean and approachable. If he can do it, I sure can!

Marineswife85 10-02-2006 02:32 PM

Hey girls,
WEll, i thought maybe the meds my DR put me on for headahces were helping..until this morning... I woke up with teh same headache, and im nauseus.. I havent been able to eat anything besides a popsicle.. Everytime i try to eat something i feel like im going to get sick or something.. So todays not going too well..
If my head is still this bad tonight im going to go to the ER and see if they can give me soemthing. But on the plus side, the meds im on seem to give me a decent burst of energy around 7pm-ish. So last night i got out for a nice walk. And hopefully if im feeling better later ill go for another one. but yeah.. thats whats goin on with me right now.. nothin new and exciting lol

Canadian_Mickey 10-02-2006 03:23 PM

Pilates: Wish I had your weather! The past few days have been cold and rainy! Sometimes I hate living in Canada...land of snow and ice... LOL!

Steph: Good job with the exercising!

Stephie, Slimming and Dollie: Good job on the weight loss!!!

Heather: Glad you got to take a walk last night! Hope those headaches go away for you soon! What meds are you on? Sometimes they can take awhile to get in your system to do their job....

I just got back from a 3 mile walk that I took with my Dad, with spurts of jogging in between. We're going to do it 3 times a week. It's a path that goes around the lake, and very scenic so it's not boring...So hopefully that will help! I'm getting sick of seeing 119 on the scale for the 5th month in a row! *sigh* At least I'm not gaining...

newarmywife 10-02-2006 03:40 PM

Agh... when does exercise start to feel good? Ick... well, no loss yet, but I'm not worried as I'm just starting to add in exercise and my weights been at a plateau for awhile. So far, it's been a good week, my sons been napping on schedule and his teething is letting up :)

Well, I'm off for the day... I have to go jog :carrot: (and walk;) )

Daisy- It never hurts to have a long weekend, glad you got the R&R

Mickey - I hope DH falls in love with his job and things slow down!!!! And I'm gonna have to watch that show you mentioned in the other thread... and those last pounds are the hardest ( I think ) sounds like you are in great shape! Keep it up!

Pilatesgirl - Oh, I hate bring animals to the vet - it would be so much easier if they could talk! Hope everything goes well! You are luck with the 80 degree weather - there's crazy on and off clouds here :dizzy:

Lockitup- Hey maybe the two pounds are just Aunt Flo - or water since you've been working it. Cheers to the positive attitude though!

Dolly - CONGRATS on the 2lbs and planning for lunch - that's hard to do when everyone else orders in... grrr

Kery - you're tough! If I get a cold, I just want to veg out... maybe you'll rub off on me and fitday sucks! (j/k I just always forget that thing too... I'm gonna go old school and write it out I think)

Stephie- Kick a$s on the 1.5 inches!! And two pounds to boot, plus all the exercise.. I hope I learn to love it like you do!

Slimming - Good job on the running - I just started and 20 minutes is grueling! And congrats on the 2 pounds!

WastedThermos - Cool beans on the no more PMS - it's almost my time - ick! Have fun at the party! Dish after - so this Mom can live vicariously through you!

lady- lol... ain't that the truth k-fed always looks tore back... you inspired me, I think I'm gonna buy new lipstick :)

Marineswife - I hope the killer headache dies.. :hug: Hope you feel better soon! Fresh air sometimes helps me too... did you find out about your hubby's med-review yet?

glasgow314 10-02-2006 03:52 PM

Having a hard time!

I'm having a really hard time sticking to a diet. I'm just trying to eat the right amount of calories, nothing special. I always seem to be hungry. I don't even know when I'm really hungry. I just want to eat all the time. I have been working out for 3 weeks now but haven't lost weight because I am eating so much. :moo: :moo: I really need some will power dust. Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.:hun: :ink: