3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I'm Sooo Excited! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/95001-im-sooo-excited.html)

newarmywife 09-30-2006 04:56 PM

I'm Sooo Excited!

I went to an estate sale today and bought an electric weslo treadmill for $40!! :carrot: Now I can really get the sweat going at home - which will be so much easier!

(Sorry I was so excited I just had to share!)

britomart 09-30-2006 05:31 PM

That's awesome! I wish I had room for a treadmill... I see them on craigslist and at garage sales from time to time for cheap. But if I bought one I'd have to sleep on it and give up my bed :lol:

newarmywife 09-30-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britomart (Post 1423525)
That's awesome! I wish I had room for a treadmill... I see them on craigslist and at garage sales from time to time for cheap. But if I bought one I'd have to sleep on it and give up my bed :lol:

lol.. Yeah, we did have to do some rearranging, but it will be worth it - I dont have a gym membership and in about a month it will be cold here!

Marineswife85 09-30-2006 05:49 PM

oooh lucky! i want a treadmil so bad!

newarmywife 09-30-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marineswife85 (Post 1423532)
oooh lucky! i want a treadmil so bad!

Aww, I Know! I've wanted one for about 2 years! We didn't even go for me - we were looking for a chair for my hubby - I just lucked out! :o

Hope u find a good deal too! :)

Canadian_Mickey 09-30-2006 06:10 PM

Oh I'd like one... especially with the snow coming soon, it's going to suck to walk outside! I usually do bad at exercise in winter months for that reason

newarmywife 09-30-2006 09:21 PM

Me too! (And I thought it was cold here :o - you must get super cold in Canada)

Canadian_Mickey 09-30-2006 09:51 PM

It's not cold that I hate, so much as what a pain it is to walk on ice and snow covered sidewalks, etc.... slippin and slidin' everywhere!

britomart 09-30-2006 10:06 PM

It's funny, I spent eight years in Ontario and picked up a really good pair of winter boots my last winter there--four months before heading back to VA. For seven years I dealt with no traction, no insulation, no waterproofing. Fell and froze and was generally uncomfortable. This past winter was a breeze! I could walk to campus no problem and not fall. Oh how I wish I figured that one out earlier! :doh: Now I've got a great pair of winter boots and relatively little winter to use them in.

That's my little story :)

newarmywife 10-01-2006 05:10 PM

Mickey, I cant imagine! To me it's freezing here in Colorado for sept, well, I guess oct. now - but I lived in CA my whole life!

britomart - I'm glad to hear VA isn't too bad, it's one on the large list of places we could be stationed. - I'm gonna keep that boot tip in mind in case I end up in Alaska!

Canadian_Mickey 10-02-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newarmywife (Post 1424220)
Mickey, I cant imagine! To me it's freezing here in Colorado for sept, well, I guess oct. now - but I lived in CA my whole life!

britomart - I'm glad to hear VA isn't too bad, it's one on the large list of places we could be stationed. - I'm gonna keep that boot tip in mind in case I end up in Alaska!

I just moved out to Ontario from British Columbia (west) and in BC we got like 5 inches of snow the entire winter, which was fine, and it was mild for the most part, but here in Ontario... well we got enough so that the snow banks were taller then 5 feet high!! We once got over 2 feet of snow on one day!! :eek: I hate snow! I don't know why I live here.... :dunno:

Have you seen the show "Men in Trees"?? It's so funny!!! If you move to Alaska... take tips from that show! It's hilarious! Hopefully it won't come to that and you won't ever get stationed there.

jelly 10-02-2006 12:41 PM

Hi NewarmyWife! I just read your profile and it reminded me of myself. When My hubby went to BootCamp I was on a mission to lose weight and by his gradution I lost 30 pounds. SO good luck to you STya POSITIVE and drink your WATER!!!!!

Slimming Down 10-02-2006 01:51 PM

Gratz on the new treadmill!!
May you log many sweaty miles and may you see much toneness and inches lost because of it!