Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #16  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I thought of this today with all the temptations coming because of the holidays like dollypie mentioned.

A motivating factor to say NO to all those temptations is that Thanksgiving and Christmas is one of the times that most families get together and take lots of pictures. I for one, would like to have a nice picture of myself...I have way to many of those fat family pictures from holidays past, or I have spent lots of holidays dodging the camera!

Great Job Cookie! Just remember you can do it! You did it before, now go do it again! We can now call you a non binger! Keep it up!

I'm going to try and rmember that in the upcoming months.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #17  

I usually tell myself "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #18  

Thanks ladies for your support and encouragement... It's so great to have people you can vent to who totally understand. I was so frustrated with that this morning! And Lizzie, I think you're right, it was partially the button's fault. It's a pair of dress pants with the inside button and outside clasp thing, so the inside button takes a lot of stress... Anyway, I feel a little better after being out walking in the beautiful weather we're having with good music on my iPod, looking at all the late summer/early fall flowers and beautiful houses in my neighborhood. Had one of those "get back in touch with reality/the world" afternoons after class... It's not the end of the world if the stupid button popped off. And it doesn't mean I can't get in shape. It was one thing... on one morning... and I know I've changed a lot of the way I take care of myself for the better, and one damn button is not going to make me stop!

stephie - fruit roll-ups? i loved those things when i was in middle school... especially the ones with the shapes to cut out like stars and stuff. it's hilarious that you have them still! and yeah, chocolate chip cookies would totally send me binging on the whole plate. I've had the ingredients to make some for a month but have avoided making them because I know I'd just eat them all (tho I want to make them with the intention of giving them away... of course....).

dolly - actually first thing I did after that happened was to bust out the measuring tape, and it showed +1" from when I measured in June and was the same weight. So NO idea what's going on; hoping it's just temporary bloating.

lizzie - good luck with your renewed resolve! you can do it exercise seems to make everything better.... when's the last time you heard someone say that their day was going great and then exercise ruined it? (except for if there's an injury involved!)

cookie - i'm so glad to hear you kept your eating in control! that's awesome news. even if it took your boyfriend's help... that's what they're there for, right? To tell us things we think we don't want to hear, but need to. My fiance has kept me away from temptation many a time... but he knows enough not to come between me and treats ALL of the time. (buying candy bars in the checkout at the grocery store? unnecessary. going out on a special occasion and wanting to share dessert? doable.)

spilly (come on, get with the trend! look @ all the names above) - that's great motivation! I'll have to keep that in mind. Last time family photos were taken at Christmas was two years ago, when I was 10 lbs lighter. I love those photos... I look great in the 180's... and probably even better in the low 170's, which is where I want to be by Christmas!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 136/136/120

Height: 5'0

I'm still swamped in kittens. Between them and work and class my schedule is totally hectic so I haven't been doing so good. I want to try the Thanksgiving challenge but I may drop my goal for Halloween just because I really don't think I'm going to make it. If only stress was a fat burner!
Feisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

WHERE DID SEPTEMBER GO?

I too, can't believe its almost over... Now it is exam time and I have 3 midterms to study for and other assignments. This week is NOT my friend. However, I am excited for October. It should be a good month, the fall weather is shaping up and life seems not too bad...

Just excuse my why I die though from this week... I just want it to be OVER... Why do people procrastinate? Really, I'd love to know...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THOSE WHO SAW CHANGES IN THE SCALE!

Sadly, I'm going to have to drop my fitness routine this week, due to poor planning on my part, maybe on Thursday, I hope I can kind of be BACK to normal...
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #21  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Girls it has been SO hard getting in workouts since i got this job. I gained pretty much everything i lost here a few months back. All that hard work, i get a job, and it is all downhill from there.

Argh!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #22  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Sorry, trns...it's hard to integrate exercise with a job. 's why I'm trying to get a job at a gym.

I did SO WELL today. I did the 2-mile workout instead of my usual 1-mile, worked up a real sweat and felt GREAT about it, then did ALL my errands, met with my academic advisor and got set for this quarter, had a salad for lunch and a smoothie for an afternoon snack, went to class on time, and made a relatively healthy dinner, even if I did eat a bit too much of it. Yay!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #23  

Do any of you feel you have to CHOOSE between weight loss and good grades at school...or success at a job? I am having so many problems with that! AND my vacation is coming up in 3 months! I'm starting to freak out!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #24  
Goodbye Fat!

Default Running late today

Don't you hate it when you sleep through your alarm and than that causes your whole day to start off wrong. That's what happend to me today. I only overslept 30 minutes so I was still able to make it to the gym this morning for 30 min on the treadmill, but was a little late to work. Oh well my health is more important right? My boss is pretty lax too, so he didn't even notice. What was even better was two other people came in after me. Hopefully everything will go okay for the rest of the day.

I can totally relate to gaining weight with a new job. When I first graduated I took a job where I had to commute for about and 1 hour every morning and evening. I worked odd and late hours. As a result I was always tired and sick of being in my car. I would just come home and crash. Fastfood became my best friend and I alway had a huge coke in hand for caffiene, I don't like coffee. This lasted about two years and I became my heaviest at 198lbs and was miserable. I finally decided that I needed a change and a new not so stressful and demanding job. It took another year but I finally found one that I love. I work normal business hours and never ever stay late, it is unheard of. Hey I even have time to post while at work. My advice to all is to find a job that you like and enjoy! You will reap the benefits emotionally and physically.

Nikaia: You had a great day yesterday, way to go on the two miles

Dreamer85: maybe try and pick up the pace when you walk to classes to get your heart beat up

Fiesty: I wish stress were a fat burner too!

Brito: I am so glad that you have bounced back and are back in the game. It was just an old button. You have worked really hard and keep up the workouts and healthy eating.

cookie: I wish my DH was that supportive.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone no time for personal reponses we we're out of town all weekend. SoI'm just now reading post. It was nice we went to my husband's family reouin and then to my family to visit. I got nice comments from my grandma and Aunt they said I look good and like I've lost lots of weight . It's a shock cause they never are that nice to me and are always on me about my weight even if I'm losing. Not much to do here some light cleaning and then Bible study tonight. I'm sore Mike started me on crunches, push ups and weights last night. Gotta love husbands.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #26  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girlies, sorry I havent posted much in a couple days.. Ive been feelin kinda guilty because i havent been gettin out to exercise much, and i know i have no excuse. Im home all day, its cooling off and ive even got a jogging stroller for the kid.. Ive just been plain lazy. I get discouraged when i dont lose weight one week, of course NOT exercising isnt going to help me, but i know you guys know what im talking about.. It almost seems like "Well, ive put all this time and effort into loosing weight and nothing happened.. so im gonna sit on my *** all day and watch TV and do nothing".. SO yeah.. i need to get out of this funk.
Im stressing out too beause my husband goes infront of a mediacal board becuase of his legs in a few weeks, which means he may get discharged from the marine corps early.. Hes only got like 10 months left anyway, but we need him to be able to finish his contract because we have a bunch of stuff to pay off around the first of the year... Im just so nervouse right now beucase what they say goes, and theres no argruing around it.. So ive been stressing out wondering whats going to happen in the next few weeks, and what were going to do about our 2 car payments and all that, and where hes going to get a job etc... I know things usually work out in the end but im scared... For the past 4 years we havent really had to worry about much.. Weve always had a plan that in May of 07 we were gonna go back to CT to stay with my parents fora month or 2 and he will look for a job, and by then one of the cars would be payed off and any loans we have will be payed off.. Nows its crazy... I hope im just stressing out over nothing... I think maybe i should get off my butt and go for a walk, that usually seems to help me alot. Sorry for the venting lol
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #27  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Yay ran my heart out (2 mi) yesterday at the gym, got my stretch on ate unsually good (for me) basically feel like a weight loss diva...here is to keeping it up!

Have two photos to do today, the at home job and need to make it to the gym and get some total body strength training in. Wish me luck *poof*

lizzie - 5 45 min cardio sessions should really ease that stress, Aren't you glad we are the kind of women who work out when stressed?

cookie - Hey a weekend worth of good eating where you don't gain anything is my fantasy lol, great job.

spill - Ooooh bad pictures are very motivating! I have a wedding to attend in Nov and I am just dreading the pictures as we speak!

brito - Yeah I was over at my SIL's house and she has two little girls so kid food (my weakness) was abundant...

fiesty - Oh my god, if stress was a fat burner I would be in model shape lol. Don't give up on your goal but if the circumstances have changed you may need to change it too...

dreamer - is that UMA in your pic?

maja - Especially when your work is your career and not just a job all your time seems to devote itself there...Maybe you can do it through diet?

nikaia - sounds like you had a great day, here to to a repeat performance!

pilatesgrl - Its hard to make numerous things a priority...I can relate.

ally - Yay on the compliments from evil family

heather - Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Keep logging in, keep posting. I noticed that when you are with us you do so well. We all have times we don't workout even though we know we should...don't be bashful about coming here. We are here to support you!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #28  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Heather: Hugs!! I know how hard it is not to stess out about things like that, and they are legitimate concerns. It takes your focus! When I'm stressed or worried, that is when I go for walks and such, because it gets out of that mood, and helps me relax a bit and enjoy the day. I come back and have a little clearer head. Two years ago my husband lost job after job, and I was constantly worrying about how we would pay for his insulin, never mind rent, food, car, etc... It was really hard, but we always came through it! Sure there were alot of uncertainties, and sleepless nights, but we got through it! You and your hubby will too! I really hope it all works out the way you want it to.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #29  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies.. I know my husband will be able to get a good job when he gets out of the marines. Hes a very intelligent person, and the job training he has offers a wide range of careers. Its just GETTING a job.. Were not picky about where we live, so we could end up anywhere in the country, but Then we need to worry about finding a place to live and all that. And now we have our son to worry about too, not just us.
Well i just got back from a 1/2 hour walk and i feel a little bit better. Tired as **** but better lol. I hate being out of shape! Im gonna try my best to not stress out today.. I need to get some housework done and hopefully that will keep my mind off things.. I almost just wish these next couple weeks would just fly by so we can figure out what is going to happen and start planning for it... *sigh* well off to my housework.. Thanks again ladies.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #30  
Goodbye Fat!

Heather it must not be a good day for both of us. My husband just called to tell me that he will be laid off from his job at the end of December. The only good thing I can think of this is that he has three months to find a job. We just bought a house though and our bills are tight. I still think I am in shock. I don't know what we are going to do. We cannot live on one income.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote