Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #46  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

What's your workout regimen, cookie? That might help.

And if you keep gaining no matter what...it may be a side effect of a medication you're on, some meds do that, or it could be a thyroid problem. You should probably see a doctor if this keeps up.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #47  
Goodbye Fat!

Another Friday has rolled around and its the weekend. I am ready for this one. DH has decided that he is going to get a truck load of compost and we are going to put this in all the flower beds and around all the trees and spread some in the yard. I'm guessing that I will get my workout on Saturday. The last time we did this I didn't realize how many muscles I had in my back. I just hope that I am not sore on Sunday, my plan is to take the day off and relax. I will probably go see my grandparents and enough a really good home cooked meal. I will be okay calorie wise b/c my g-ma is very healthy.

cookie: I don't think you are eating enough either. If you are exercising consistently you do need the calories. Like Fae said try and stay between 1200-1600 calories

Fae: I hope you are feeling better today

Mickey: also try www.calorieking.com, I like this one better, the food database seems easier to use.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #48  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Dollie! I hope that I can get my act together!

Does anyone know any exercises that won't bulk up my muscles? I've been walking and doing lunges, and my thighs have gotten 3 inches bigger, not smaller! They look funny on my little 5' body...any suggestions? By the way pilates and I don't work well together! LOL!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #49  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Ladies, you all inspire me. Look at all the posts this week!!

I have needed your inspiration this week! Its been so long and stressful and the inlaws show up tonight for a weekend visit. Now that being said. I dont have monster inlaws but at this point I just dont want ANY company after the week I have had.

I know that there will be MANY temptations this weekend. We will go out to eat and have cake and ice cream for my husband and I's birthday! So I will have to be on my BEST behavior this weekend. I am going to hit the gym hard too!!!

I <3 you guys!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #50  

Good morning girls! I'm sorry that I have been in such a funk for the past few weeks. I mean life otherwise has been amazing. I LOVE my new job, I LOVE my new apartment, I LOVE my family, I LOVE my boyfriend, and I LOVE my friends. Its me that I haven't been loving so much. I eat so good over the week and then stuff myself over the weekend, and it's hard to love yourself when you feel yuck. After eating healthy for a week I already feel better, but know that the weekend is almost here and that usually brings trouble.

I know you girls said I am not eating enough. Trust me I definitely do not want to starve myself. However, I find that if I keep eating around 1600 calories I consistently gain weight. I do an hour on the eliptical EVERY day (I sometimes try to run, but I had knee surgery a few years ago so I am better off with the eliptical.) Also, I have not been taking any medications so I can't blame it on that. I know that I am just like my mom who gains weight all in her stomach. So while other people may not notice the weight I put on, my pants stop fitting and the love handles get bigger and bigger. Once I lose at leat 5 pounds I'll try and add more food to my diet.

Any motivation for the holiday weekend? I have a family feast tonight and a family feast tomorrow. I am feeling so much better about myself I don't want to blow it all away and be depressed again Monday, but it's all my favorite foods (especially tonight).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #51  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Woke up today and shook my a$$ dancing around my house for 10 minutes...hehe I am hellbent on getting my minutes in before the end of the month. Sets of spontaneous jumping jacks, walking my stairs during commercials and ofcourse visiting my friend and yours the GYM.

Tonight I should be able to sneak in some face time with the eliptical at the gym and I am really really going to focus on getting through even just one day of eating on plan.

Things have been stressful for me lately and I have been using it as a crutch...I need to just do it. This weekend I have to go out of town for a photo which means lunch on the paper and hopefully me being good. Sunday brings my kickball game and the inlaws are coming in to town. I am the one cooking so should be cake to eat right!

Have nice weekend if I don't see you ladies!

cookie - Cookie monster does not like milk? Maybe try changing your cardio up...like spinning, or step aerobics...both comparable to running as far as calories burned. Also do you do intervals when you are on the eliptical...doing intervals burns more calories than just trekking along at the same pace. Do you hold the handles when you do the eliptical? This too can cut down the amount of calories. Also you might look into strength training...this burns calories and then the muscles burn calories when you are even at rest!

dolly - ooh a home cooked meal and some gardening...now I am jealous. I am going out of town for a photo and then back home to the snow rofl.

amanda - Hmm...running did the trick for mine. I do walking lunges, squats, leg presses...I think the trick for toning and not bulking up is to use enough weight to fatigue your muscles but do 18-20 reps per 3 sets...that way not enough to seriously tear your muscles and cause bulk but enough to shape...

slimming - be good, eat for the body you want! Try to enjoy yourself though, any bad eating just make up for at the gym...just keep the balance
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #52  

wow, the chat started to get pushed really far down the page! time to revive it before the next week starts..... anybody else feel like the weeks are just flying by??

stephie - have fun with your inlaws... and shake that booty girl

slimming - happy birthday!

dolly - gardening is hard work... I'm surprised I wasn't a skinnier kid with all the mulch-hauling and raking and weeding my mom made me and my sister do. hope you have nice weather and enjoy being outdoors!

I've done my workout for the day, so I can sit in front of my computer for the rest of it writing an essay. I think tonight I'm going to make lentils for dinner... I've been wanting to for a week but haven't been able to get around to it. I need to make a plan of attack for next week and go grocery shopping to match it, as this week was fine and cohered with my plan eating-wise until I ran out of food to make what I wanted to make (I think the only veggies I have in the house are onions and broccoli... not a whole lot I can do with that!). So I went out for fast-food and it KILLED me. I'm trying to drink water like a fish to get rid of all that salt. Gah.

Well, have a good weekend ladies!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #53  
pregos

Height: 5'10

Hello,

I joined 3fatchicks a long time ago but didn't stick with the diet program i was doing so I didn't stay active. I joined LA weight loss but it is really strict and I didn't like the way they treated me sometimes. But I'm back and dieting on my own just counting calories. Me and my best friend have started doing a workout program every morning and I have alreay lost some weight and I've just been back at it for two weeks. I would love any advice, support, or cool thing I can find on this wibsite.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #54  

Hi Brandy, welcome! You'll find lots of neat things here if you look around..... and certainly lots of support! if you've got questions, most likely someone will be more than happy to give you an answer!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #55  
Goodbye Fat!

Welcome Brandy! You will find alot of support here. Everyone here is great!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #56  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Brandy-Keep up the great job!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #57  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Mid weekend report here...did VERY (did I add enough emphasis on that) bad yesterday. However have been trying like mad to make up for it today. Have about half of my strength training routine in the bag and a kickball game tonight that should clock me about an hours worth of cardio. Tomorrow I am officially starting taking measurements and logging my weight again. Wish me luck!

brito - great job sticking to your plan. That is something I can NEVER do...I can plan and buy att the proper groceries then a couple of weeks later theyw ill have gone bad.

brandy - welcome I think you ae going to LOVE this site. The girls here are fun, smart and oh so supportive. It really can make the difference...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote