Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #1  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Default stress - I am an emotional eater! NOOO!!!!

Freak - I can tell I'm stressed - I am starting to obsess about food right now - I have a huge paper to write and all I can think about is eating something - and i have nothing here I can eat (am at work where I can do whatever I want while I sit at the front desk).

what is wrong with me???

I am doing well - I thought! Urg - need to do my work and NOT think about food! do my work do my work!

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

I am the same way when I have tons of reading or writing to do. I find that ice water helps alot. I drink it by the glass, it helps keep me alert and awake and unless Im genuinly hungry, keeps me from snacking too much. All else fails if you are really stressed a nice nap sometimes helps.
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I am also writing a paper. Water is great. I also like crunchy veggies like carrot sticks and celery while I'm writing.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #4  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

100 cal bags of popcorn!!!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

Maybe just take a minute to relax and breathe and think you can do your paper even just 10 minutes at a time Food could just be a way to ignore your work and vent your frustration. Maybe a glass of juice could help get your blood sugar up a bit to aid concentration, not sure.
San*_* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  

I sympathize with the essay-related stress eating. For me, if I try to prevent myself from snacking when I'm stressed about an essay, I can't write, and the stress just gets worse (particularly if I'm writing an essay that's due the next day...). So I just make sure I have relatively healthy snacks and don't allow myself anything bad like chips or chocolate. I also know that I will eat all of whatever I bring back to my desk with me, so I have to watch portions. The other thing that helps me is something hot to drink -- coffee, tea, etc. Don't know why that helps me concentrate, but it does.

My first essays are due next week so soon I'll be in the same boat as you! Good luck!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #7  
something witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by San*_* View Post
Maybe just take a minute to relax and breathe and think you can do your paper even just 10 minutes at a time Food could just be a way to ignore your work and vent your frustration. Maybe a glass of juice could help get your blood sugar up a bit to aid concentration, not sure.
Great idea- breaking up a huge task in tiny increments is the only way I get it done. Or else it seems like a mountain!

Good luck on the paper!
linki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyla2001 View Post
100 cal bags of popcorn!!!
yeah that!!! I have an air popper and 100cals is a TON of popcorn! There's no way I can think about eating anything after that!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #9  
Goodbye Fat!

Popcorn? I have popcorn for dinner every Sunday night practically with orange juice. Don't ask my mom taught me this.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote