Old 08-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 28 August - 3 September**

well, another week and almost, another month gone.

i went back to the chiropractor this morning and he wants to see me again next monday. i am feeling better - still a little stiff around the shoulders and neck - but no major headaches.

i did finally do some exercise although technically it was sunday so it falls into this weeks exercise. we did the City to Surf and my boyfriends daughter and i did the 4km walk and came in at 41 minutes. our target was to beat 44 mins which was last years result for P. we blizted it! we had lots little jogging bursts and i was determined to persevere.

hard to believe that if i had tried it last year i probably would have croaked it. not smoking has made a phoenominal difference to my performance. it was a great day with the 12km run record being smashed and with a record 26,000 people taking part overall - absolutely massive! i am hoping next year to compete in the 12km run - big talk huh!

so with only 4 days left in the month, i don't fancy my chances of reaching my fitness challenge goal of 1200 minutes. regardless i will be going to the gym or at least doing some form of exercise each day. i will take it a little easier on my upper body weights but will continue to do them.

i hope everyone had a great weekend

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 08-28-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #2  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

I was really good and went to the gym Friday night.. but didnt make it Sat or Sun. But I really worked hard on my eating so thats Fab.

Glad your neck is feeling better daisy. I'm not gonna hit my goal this month either BUT I did work out all last week during the workweek and thats tough! So Im gonna give myself a pat on the back and shoot for that next week.

I do have banana pudding in the fridge after making it for a picnic I went to.. I think Im going to send it to work with hubby so Im not tempted!!

Oh and I also got DH to make a bet with me.. more like a pact. If I drop 15 pounds or squeeze into a size 8 by New Years he has to take me any where I want for a weekend!! Talk about inspiration. Now I can dream of where I want to go while im burning calories on the treadmill

Last edited by Slimming Down; 08-28-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default .:: Moderator 20-somethings::.

Daisy Boo - I'm glad you beat your time for the 4km walk, congratulations! Not to mention doing things as a family and teaching your S.O.'s daughter the importance of fitness is a great thing, you should be proud.

Slimming Down - That is so great you have a support system nearby and have that kind of inspiration to go against losing those extra pounds.

Remember girls, it doesn't matter if you don't reach your goal, it matters that you don't stop. Congratulations on all the minutes you have done!

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend,
and i posted the new September Challenge
so join in! We will kick it off Sept. 1st, 2006!

Summer is officially over, so no more excuses
for laying around! Get back to work and/or school
and get off your butt more then you would any
other month. Don't make this a monthly challenge
for yourself, make it a lifetime routine!
You can do it girls!

To any newcomers that i haven't introduced myself to... to 3fatchicks.

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm sad that summer is almost over....it's my favorite season, I still have Labor Day weekend to look forward to!

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the ladies who offered me lots of great advice and encouragement. I made it through the rough patch, and I'm back to feeling normal again, and back to my workouts.

I have 12 days til HS reunion. The pressure is on....I got a new haircut and I have a NEW attitude! I am motivated again, sometimes it just takes a cute haircut!

HAPPY MONDAY!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Workout wise I am queen Went to the gym on Friday and got an hours worth of cardio in, hard cardio...sweat drippin intense cardio. Started off the weekend with 124.6 staring sweetly back at me from the scale. Then on Sunday played in a championship tournament for my kickball league. Played over 3 hours...ran and stretched in between games to stay limber. It was with my eating that I lost it. Junk, lots of junk, a binge and just a general lack of control. This hurt my wallet as well as my progress. So here I am your 126.4 lb Stephie. But I am NOT defeated...I will just have to use this to keep my from doing it again...I don't want to have to work hard to get back to where I was, I want to progress...I want to hit goal. I want it more than all the late night junkfood in the world. Know what I mean? Sounds like bootcamp week number two...

Daisy - I am so glad you are feeling better hun. Even though that minutes goal is out of reach it is awesome to see you with your head up putting in the minutes anyway. I am glad you had success at the c2s and you can totally do the 12k next year...just work on it.

slimming - those really are the best pacts arent they? The light at the end of the tunnel. That is awesome your hubby is so supportive.

maja - Welcome back hun! Great point about doing it for life and not just the challenges.

spill - Your right, sometimes all it takes is a self esteem boost. Now get your butt in gear you've only got 12 days! I know how important it is for you to feel your best.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Today has been pretty ...umm. crappy. The meds to keep me pms sane make me feel like doing absolutely NOTHING, which is impossible since I've got work/school/work/school/kickboxing class today. Rarr.. Being a girl is hard work. Also, I wobbled off my detox with my first work binge in forever today. I'm not waiting till tomorrow to get back on track. I'm starting right now, which I see as a victory not to give up the rest of the day. However, it is disappointing because I know that I'm going to feel even worse when I get the carb-hangover.

The good news is that for once I think I am actually going to make some of my workout goals for this month. Thats something at least.

Daisy- Good job on the walk!! I don't think I could jog 4km in 41minutes!

Slimming- Sending away the banana pudding seems like a pretty good strategy to me!

Stephie- Well, at the very least you`re able to see how your body responds to the good treatment and the not so good treatment. Get back on track girl! Oh, I saw you on the chicks in control board. I think I might start posting over there too.

Ok, I am officially back on track!!
No excuses!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Happy Monday Ladies! Well, it's a new week. I have my first night of class tonight, hoping it's not allll teenagers and me..
Won't get in any exercise tonight but i guess that's ok. I can make up for it tomorrow.. I hope.. I'm taking a mental health day from work on Wednesday.. I REALLY need it. I"m planning on cleaning my house from top to bottom in the morning and in the afternoon, me stuff! Nails, etc.. Can't wait! Hope everyone else has a good week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

Heya- I'm new here..
Just waiting for the weekend as always!
Gonna be hitting the gym tonight while my hubby goes to the recruiter to talk about what job he wants in the Army.. *biting fingers*
Hope everyone has a fab Tuesday!
jegersengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

stephiewilliams - I'll try to be on here more often. It felt like i have left friends behind.

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok went to the gym last night got an excellent run in and some really good stretching. Then binged on pizza and brownies?!??!!? WTF? How do I get the gene that will go run 2 miles then screw myself over by eating crap right before I go to bed. TTOM is coming up but that is hardly an excuse. I'm back in my eating rut. I did so well last week. I need to get over this and get over it quick!

lizzie - yeah I guess I can look at it as an experiment showing me what can be done in a week/weekend either way...Chicks in control is a really good board as well. Helps me calm my binge beast to know others have trouble as well.

amblyn - I wish I thought cleaning my house was me time lol, feels like work to me...hope your class went well.

jegersengel - WELCOME! I hope you love it here as much as I do! Have fun at the gym. Are you following any kind of set program?

maja - Good! We always like hearing about your adventures and you were always a good inspiration kicking it up a notch with the exercise!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

jegersengel!

oh wow! I hit my 1000th post the other day! I believe it's been well over a year since I've been here on 3fatchicks....couldn't have made it to where I am today, without you girls. I've made a lot of new friends, lost touch, but found new ones again! Thanks for all the fab advice and cheering! You Girls ROCK!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

I have no set program as of now. Just got to get walking and biking!
I'll probably get my hubby to make a work-out plan for me once I get back into the swing of things..
I hope to enjoy it here too- just have to get out of my little shell!
jegersengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #13  

Hey girls! So I've decided that since I just moved to the city (in an apartment by myself) and I just started working (at a job where we are encouraged to go to lunch with vendors) that I did not want to continue following Jenny Craig because they do not recommend eating out. I am a little nervous... but I think once I get the hang of what I should be eating it will benefit me in the end.

I need some help though: what do you recommed as healthy yet filling breakfasts?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

Cookie, I try and eat carbs in the morning, and limit them to almost none the rest of the day.

Breakfast for me is usually one of these options:
1-whole wheat bagel (small one) and a bannana
2-whole wheat tortilla with deli turkey and low fat swiss, zapped in microwave (fast & easy)
3-oatmeal-low carb with splenda
4-eggs scrambled with salsa
5-protein shake

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...I used to always skip breakfast in HS, but have found it's essential in revving up your metabolism each day!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #15  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

So far so good this week. My eating has been good and working out is on track. (of course thats for two days lol). I go through wonderful phases where I get addicted to the gym.. I mean I sit at my desk all day and dream about hitting the treadmill and weights.. Kind of sick huh?

Why? Oh Why, must my office be crazy about ice cream?? After two DQ runs last week (both of which I resisted), we now have two big cartons of ice cream in the freezer But so far I have resisted!!! Evil, Evil co-workers

amber- ooo a mental health day!! Good for you and I'm jealous!!
jegers- welcome! biking and walking are a great start! I find that if I just get moving it inspires me to do more!!
Cookie- I'm glad you are thinking ahead! I find that 2 scrambled eggs really keep me full. I also like wheat bread toasted with a slice of cheese (reduced fat if you want)
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote