Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  
I want a six pack

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie - and my goal starts tomorrow.

Well my husband and I are finally going to do it.....we're buying a treadmill. I'm beyond excited - I can now run off these extra pounds within the comfort of my own home. I no longer have to fear the looks of people when I run outside - yes people, I'm scare to run outside because I think people are looking at me in disgust. Now mind you I'm not 300 pounds or anything but I'm not the same 119 pound girl I was when I moved to Florida 5 years ago. I am now a woman who has been married for three years now and when through a hysterectomy at the age of 22. Given my body was thrown into menopause 20 plus years ahead of it's time, my body has had to pay for it....I've gained alot of weight. So much that I'm not even going to tell you how much I weigh because I'm ashamed of it. i look in the mirror and point out all my new fat pockets - my cheeks, my love handles, my tummy, my boobs, my butt, my hips, and yes even my legs especially the sides of my knees. I'm a complete bubble of fat. But I now have this new modivation - with this $600+ new piece of equipment I am and will lose weight - I want to get back down to my 119 - okay maybe 130 - frame. I want to look pretty in clothes without worrying if I have rolls, I want to wear cute bras again instead of these huge boulder holders, I want be confident again, I want to go to the beach with my friends instead of making excuses, I want to be able to walk around naked in own house, I want to go to the bar with my friends and actually be the one getting hit on and then turn them down because I'm married, I want to shock my in-laws when I see them again, I just want to lose weight, I'm tired of this.

Wish me luck.
I will be checking in on a regular basis.
CrissyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome Crissy! Hope to get to know you!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #3  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Welcome Crissy!! Good luck to you!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #4  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Welcome Crissy!

We are all here to help your with anything you might need.
Congrats on getting a treadmill, use it! use it! use it! and you will lose it!

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #5  
I want a six pack

Thank you all for your wonderful support - my hubby actually picked it up early so I started running on it last night - 30 minutes at high intensity - my thighs are killing me this morning!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Welcome to the thread and the addiction that is exercise I remember when I first bought my treadmill...really gives you that no excuses outlook after all you can workout at home now yay! Sounds like you are really committed, I look forward to seeing you around Good luck.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

best wishes to you on your weight loss journey...join us over at the runners thread too!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/192/180

Height: 5 ft 11 in.

Welcome Crissy. I am new around here too! You will love being able to work out in your own home. My husband and I bought an elliptical last year and even though I am the only one that uses it. I love it. I love being able to get up and work out on it and never have to see another person other than my husband if he is home. Good luck to you!!! We can all do this!!!
whirleygirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:25 AM   #9  
I want a six pack

Whirleygirl25,
Well good luck to you too! I know what you mean about not worrying "who's on your machine" any longer. Everytime I used to the gym I either had to wipe down the machine before I got on because it was just nasty or all the good machines were taken and I had to settle for the bike.

See you around!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #10  
I want a six pack

Default Another day down

Okay, not so good today - darn office outings

B: cup of peaches with 2 cups coffee
S: handful of trailmix
L: Seasame Chicken with sprouts, liver patty with the cheese stuff.
D: two handfuls of trailmix - I'm really not hungry after the huge lunch I had.

Liquids: 12 oz water, 4 oz hot tea.