Old 07-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 31 July - 6 August**

Morning all

Just getting the new thread started.

Well, as I posted before I managed to fluke a loss this week. Down 0.4kg which is great and brings my total loss for July to 1.1kg. Not as much as I would have liked but you get the results when you put the effort in and my effort could be much better.

I have also managed to blitz my exercise minutes goal by 30 minutes for the month. Getting in exercise tonight will depend on how I am feeling as my stomach is sore. Not sure if I am ill or hurt something yesterday during my strength routine. It started hurting late last night while I was sleeping and still hurts now. Might be cramps (I don't usually get them from TOM), but not sure. Will see how I feel later.

Update on the hammy - I reduced the weight down 5kg on the seated leg curl and it was much better. Still felt the contraction in the full movement but my knee didn't hurt. Great!

I hope everyone had a great weekend I finally watched Pride and Predjudice and Memoirs of a Geisha. Loved Geisha but I think I prefer the BBC's Pride and Predjudice with the REAL Mr Darcy - Colin Firth! I swear Kiera Knightly has an extra 2 vertabra in her neck - it is sooooo long!

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 07-30-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #2  
here I go again...

I love the Colin Firth version... so dreamy in that movie... the keira knightly version was too short to get the whole story in... she does a very long neck! so skinny... maybe it would look normal if she was a little more filled-out.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! Sorry I was MIA for the last few days.. We were supposed to have internet installed friday, but apparently are cables aren't strong enough or something, so we have to be rewired. Luckily, my office is wired up just about everywhere so I'm not away for too long.

Moving was .. hmm about as bad as I had expected it. I think the heat really contributed, but it could have been all the stairs too. Or maybe all my junk. Thankfully I was able to enlist all my friend-boys into helping me so it only took 3 days.

I figure all that moving counts for at least 2 good workouts, so I'm not stressing about not making it to the gym this weekend. I know I got my heart rate up as much as if I was doing cardio. The eating was... eh.. ok, BAD. I think I used food as a reward for all my hard work. I probably would have lost if I wouldn't have eaten all the calories back up. I want to blame PMS, but for now I'll just blame myself.

Daisy- I've never seen the BBC version, but Mr. Darcy seemed pretty dreamy in the Bridget Jones books. I don't know if anyone has read those, but she is gets obsessed with the BBC Pride and Prejudice.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #4  
fat fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedThermos
Daisy- I've never seen the BBC version, but Mr. Darcy seemed pretty dreamy in the Bridget Jones books. I don't know if anyone has read those, but she is gets obsessed with the BBC Pride and Prejudice.
helen fielding actually based mr darcy on the mr darcy from P&P as played by colin firth. quite funny that colin firth played both mr darcy's. one written by jane austen, the other by fielding based on him playing jane austen's character. gets a bit confusing

i think the entire story of bridget jones is actually based on pride and predjudice . . . i remember seeing it or reading it somewhere.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Love love love bridget jones...loved the second book more than the movie though...movie was rubbish. Was a wee bit offended by tabloids saying Renee had to pack on the lbs and she ended up weighing what 130 in the movie?!?! Thats really packing it on, what about those of us who weigh 130 on a normal day?

So bad news for my workouts. Last night I was playing in my kickball league. I stretched before it but had not done any running to warm up. Pulled my groin REEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY badly from sprinting to 1st base as fast as I could go. So now I am hobbling around my house. Takes me 20 minutes to get up my stairs. I am so disappointed as this week is a short one for me. I am going out of town Thursday night on assignment. Eating will have to be 100% angelic to combat this!

Daisy - congrats on your loss, you really deserve it hun. Glad your hammy is feeling better and wtg on getting past the exercise goal.

a baker chick - and what is with her underbite? She reminds me of a poodle.

Lizzie - OMG 3 days of moving. Don't be too hard on yourself that is quite a challenge. Definitely counts as cardio and strength.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Morning Ladies....I ended July with a big bang...no exercise for 7 days! Yikes!

I'm thinking I might hit the gym tonight, and do abs for 15minutes...just so I can start August off right...just to jump start me.

My weekend was busy. lots of laying out by the pool!

Glad the moving went well Lizzie, how's the new place?
Daisy boo, congrats on the loss~! what is a kg compared to a lb? I have no clue...
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  
ZenLizzie

Daisy- Yea, I saw the remake of P&P and I saw some of the same themes from Bridget Jones. I wish I was more like the calm, cool collected girls of Jane Austen and less like Bridget. I think she's my fictional soul mate.

Stephie- Ouch! Pulling a groin sounds painful, but yet so.. professional? I'm not sure what the word is that I'm looking for, but I also feel better telling people I have a sports-type injury than the time I popped my shoulder out of joint trying to lick ice cream off my arm.

Spill- The new place is crazy right now! But, I'm sure once we all have time to unpack and decorate it will be great. It's larger than the old apartment, and less expensive so I'm excited about that.

Work today is crazy with my boss gone. I like the woman who is filling in for her, but I feel like I would be a lot less stressed if I could have done everything myself. Technically, I could do all of this I just don't have a purchasing card. Funny, I don't understand why they don't just hand those out to student assistants. I'm absorbing HER stress.
And she bought way way way too much food.. probably enough Bojangles biscuits to feed 50 people. Unfortunately, she was late getting it served and the director is being a jerk about it. So.. yea.. nobody gets to eat any. Except her and me, and I'm trying hard not to even look at them. Luckily, the caterer brought us expensive lunch meats and stuff for our lunch break, which is not so dangerous.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #8  

I actually never saw the original P&P, but I thought the new version was really good. I'd probably love the book (I am much more of a reader than a movie watcher.) The best is reading a book on the eliptical

Wated Thermos do you have any roommates or are you living by yourself? I just moved into my own apartment and I LOVE it!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #9  
here I go again...

Woohoo! I got and accepted the job I interviewed for!!!! So now I'll have to move... ugh. The heat index today was 111, so I can't really get excited about moving right now... Lizzie- I am about to be in your shoes, so hopefully I can count it as two workouts too!!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #10  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Default What about Bridge?

This is so my thread! I have a total crush on Bridget Jones & Pride & Prejudice. I absolutely love the story, no matter how you rehash it. I've read all the books & seen all the movies. I'm scared to see the Keira version of P&P because the BBC series is just the best one ever! Whenever I get down, I pop in the B Jones DVD, and even though she complains about being between 130-140, I can still relate to how she feels. Ok, I'll stop 'geeking out'.

WastedThermos- I belly laughed for five minutes when I read about popping your arm out. I'm so sorry it happened. I thought I was hardcore for ice-cream, but that is a whole other level.

Last edited by kellibee2000; 07-31-2006 at 09:10 PM.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #11  
fat fighter

hi ladies

tummy is still a bit funny. whenever i eat something it aches a little - so it can't be muscular. coming to the end of TOM and that may help. very strange feeling.

tonight is the gym and my strength routine and my first go at the C25K. i have done some speed intervals on the treadmill before but only for 10 minutes. it really gets my heart racing - i just hope i don't fall off the treadmill

i am looking forward to lifting some serious iron actually. things are a bit tense at home and i need an outlet for my stress before it consumes me.

stephie - a sports injury! ouch! good idea to focus on the eating and try to get some "yummy" yoga in too. take it easy but keep yourself moving.

spill - thanks! 1kg = 2.2lb. so i lost 2.4lb this month

cookie - if you can get hold of the BBC version, I highly recommend it! i am reading the book at the moment. a little verbose (as expected) but different to the film versions of course. good so far.

abakerchick - congratulations! do you have to move far?

kelliebee - trust me the kiera knightly version will not taint the BBC P&P. it has its moments (donald sutherland is great) but doesn't really compare. it takes a different approach.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey thanks for the info Daisy Boo, I want to do the running program to? Do you want to be my buddy? I've never tried it, and we can cheer one another on!!!! Keep one another on track!

I had to write my research paper in English class, in college, about P&P, we spent the entire semester, reading it & analyzing it..then watched the BBC version in class. It was torterous, just because so much was riding on this course...Maybe I should revisit it, and really enjoy this time.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well my leg is feeling a bit better. I won't be going running tonight but at least I am back to being able to clean my house once again. I think I will try and do some yoga tonight. Got the new issue of self and it has a asana routine gaurenteed to give you a yoga butt! I will try anything for a month...its just a month right? Eating went well yesterday except I did have one alcoholic drink as sort of a farewell to drinking away my calories. This month one of my goals is to not drink anything with calories in it other than coffee...so water when at home and water or diet soda when I am out. I just hate dieting then wasting my few calories on a rootbeer ya know?

Spill - thats the way, just start August off right and you will sail through the rest of the month!

lizzie - LOL on your ice cream injury. I totally get how frustrating it can be working under incompetant people when you could do it all yourself! Don't get to stressed hun.

cookie - congrats on getting your own apartment!

a baker chick - congratulations on getting the job. What kind of a job were you applying for? I don't envy you ladies having to move in this heat.

Kellibee - Welcome

Daisy - Yoga sounds divine right now, I am so tight and sore. Sorry things are tense at home hun, but just take it out on the treadmill! Good luck tonight.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #14  
ZenLizzie

Jenna- I have 2 girl roommates which is a big change from living with 2 guys and a girl before. I don't think I could handle living by myself, because I need constant attention You'd think being an only child I'd learn to amuse myself, but I still need people around or else I get lonely really quick.

Abaker- Congrats on the job!!!! And.. eek.. 111?? My advice: wear very little clothing and keep lots of cold water around. I started off in a tshirt and jeans and had to change after they were soaked by the first trip.

Kellibee-
hehe.. watching Bridget Jones diary is my breakup ritual. I always watch it when things aren't going well in the romance department cause I feel like I have someone to comiserate with. And yes.. the ice cream incident is one of my most major "fat girl moments" of all time. I don't know how the ice cream actually got on my elbow, but for some reason it was really important to me that I lick it off.

Daisy- I've read that TOM can definitely effect your digestive system, so hopefully you`ll be feeling better soon. It is tough being a girl.

Stephie- Ooh.. that is a good goal, the no drinking your calories goal. I should try that. Except.. my 21st birthday is in 11 days so I think it would be poor planning at this point. Good luck with your yoga butt

Being without the internet at home is such a pain. I'm so used to being able to keep up with my food log whenever I want to. I finally got everything set up as far as getting my apartment rewired, so hopefully by next Monday I'll be back to more consistent logging.

Cranking up my workouts has me feeling pretty good. I was able to do kickbacks today with 15lb weights, which I've never done before. I can probably go higher, but I wouldn't be able to do the whole set. Sometimes, being strong makes me feel a little better about being overweight.

Temptation everywhere.. my almost-bf is a Restaurant, Hospitality and Tourism major and he's been in a class this summer where he has to learn to make different types of food. Yesterday he brought home deep dish pizza and today it was of a 1/3 caramel chocolate cheese cake and 1/3 of a thick pecan pie. He left it in my fridge. Doesn't he know I'm pmsing and I could literally eat the styrofoam the box is in and still want some more?

Oh, and something bothered me yesterday. I was watching a rerun on Extreme Makeover on the style network and they had a group of people on there who had to lose weight before they could get their plastic surgery. All that makes sense, until they set their goals for them.. one girl (who wasn't more than 250lbs, I think..) they made lose 35lbs in 5 WEEKS! What?? How is that healthy at all? Stupid reality tv.

Last edited by WastedThermos; 08-01-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Good morning chickadees! I am at up at and at 'em EARLY...like 5:00 am earlly boohoo huh? I got an assignment to cover training camp which is about 3 hours away from where I live so have to be dressed and on the road pretty soon. Today will be a challenge. The paper is paying for lunch. I have already decided I am going to have a yummy bad for me lunch. I have been so broke and living off pb&J I deserve it right? So now I have to be good for the rest of the day to make up for the calories. Wish me luck! Have a great dayy all...

wasted thermos - That is so not healthy...I hate when tv does that. The general public will believe almost anything they see on tv, just sets people up for unrealistic expectations. That would be so devastating to have your fridge full of all those goodies (devastating and yummy!)